Qualified Plumbers in Sherwood Park, AB
Are you having plumbing problems in Sherwood Park? They're some of the most common problems for property owners and residents. Small issues like clogged drains and frozen pipes present an annoying inconvenience, and major problems like sewage system backups and water heater failures could present a huge hitch in your plans to visit the Broadmoor Golf Course or Ball Lake. Everybody encounters the need for an experienced plumbing company at some point in their life. That's why it pays to know a local expert you can trust.
Your local Sherwood Park plumber at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton is a top-rated plumbing and drain cleaning expert. We're here to help our neighbours and friends in Sherwood Park, Edmonton and the surrounding communities. Our licensed plumbers provide quality service for local property owners and residents. Each one of our insured team members is well-trained and knowledgeable, has plenty of industry experience, and provides guaranteed, quality workmanship and parts at all times.
Our fully certified plumbers will answer all your questions about plumbing service while they work. Our goal is to provide the best experience possible and keep your home clean, comfortable, and safe with our many available services.
Your Sherwood Park Plumber for Commercial and Residential Properties
The needs of commercial properties and private residences differ when it comes to plumbing systems. It's important that you hire a licensed Sherwood Park plumber from a trusted and reliable plumbing company that knows the differences so that your property is well taken care of.
The common residential services our Sherwood Park plumbers provide, include:
- Maintenance and Repair: Our local Sherwood Park plumbers ensure that your home’s plumbing system is in shape and working properly.
- Drain Cleaning and Repair: Do you have clogged drains? Our advanced tools such as our plumbing camera will quickly identify the root cause of your problem, enabling us to fix it in no time. To break through major clogs, our plumbers use HydroScrub® Jetting technology to blast through stubborn blockage, including tree roots, leaving behind nothing but a spotless pipeline.
- Standard Plumbing Repairs: This includes leaks, cracks and replacement for the following: toilets, faucets, pipes, water heaters, and much more.
In addition to all the standard residential services, Sherwood Park property owners of commercial buildings can benefit from the following commercial plumbing services:
- Commercial Drain Care: Our specialty tools and products are catered to the specific requirements of many industries so that we can address your drain problems quickly and ensure everything is flowing smoothly.
- Auto-Injection Systems: These systems release natural bacteria to consume the organic materials that cause commercial buildups. This is an economical solution for businesses that experience frequent grease clogs.
- Restroom Maintenance: Our commercial plumbers in Sherwood Park offer premium service for bathroom maintenance. Our team deals with all common restroom problems, such as foul odours, mineral buildup, toilet repairs, and more.
- Safety and Hygiene Solutions: We can optimize your business to maintain a safe environment for your employees and clientele—this includes ensuring that your plumbing meets the health department regulations for Sherwood Park.
As your top plumbers, we are proud to serve you and neighbouring communities around the greater Edmonton area like St. Albert and Sturgeon County.
Sherwood Park Drain Cleaning and Repair
Drain cleaning is one of the most common services our skilled plumbers in Sherwood Park provide. Your secondary drain lines connect with your main line, which is responsible for removing liquid waste away from your home. If not well-maintained, debris and other sediment will accumulate and create a clog.
We offer expert drain cleaning services—the best preventative measure property owners should take to avoid unexpected backup problems, such as sewer backups. When hiring Mr. Rooter Plumbing as their qualified plumber, Sherwood Park homeowners will benefit from a thorough drain and sewer line inspection. This way, we’ll ensure your drain line and sewer lateral are in good health.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Gurgling sinks, toilets and slow drainage are signs of alarm and won’t go away on their own. They are most likely clogs caused by these common culprits:
- Soap scum
- Paper towels
- Wet wipes
- Solidified kitchen grease
- Food waste
- Pipe damage (such as cracks or leaks)
- Tree roots puncturing pipes underground
If you have recurring clogs that your plunger and snake can’t eliminate, you might need your main line checked out. You can count on our clogged drain services to diagnose the root cause of your backed up pipes and ensure they’re cleared safely and efficiently.
How Often Do You Need Drain Cleaning?
Our Sherwood Park plumbers recommend an annual check-up and clean for your home’s plumbing, especially if you have a large household. We want you to rest assured and reduce unpleasant surprises in your home. Scheduling a yearly cleaning and inspection with an experienced plumber will help your pipes and fixtures run safely and efficiently. Otherwise, you might find yourself needing more invasive, serious plumbing repairs, such as the kind being completed in the image below.
Sherwood Park Plumbing Repair Services
Sherwood Park homeowners can protect their homes from plumbing issues by trusting our professional maintenance services. We have already covered the importance of drain cleaning; next is routine repairs from a qualified plumber.
Sherwood Park homeowners tend to take their plumbing system for granted because it’s serving its purpose every day, and you may not ask yourself if maintenance is needed until it breaks. However, frequent use of plumbing fixtures connected to your drains will inevitably lead to wear and tear.
Our Sherwood Park plumbing professionals provide plumbing repairs for all kinds of problems and needs, from maintenance to fixtures to emergency plumbing services. Our quick solutions will restore your home’s equilibrium in no time.
- Toilet: It’s the most direct sewer connection in your home. When faulty, your toilet could point to problems in your main line. If it’s a leak, you could be losing gallons of water per day.
- Pipe Repair: A pipe leak is a serious situation because it could cause structural damage to your property if not fixed immediately. Leaks often occur at pipe joints, which you can temporarily secure with tape or compound until a professional plumber takes a look. The permanent solution is either pipe replacement or replacing related fittings. Your local Sherwood Park plumber is always happy to ensure your leaks are fixed properly.
- Indoor and Outdoor Faucets: A leaky faucet can cost you gallons of water over the course of a year. You can check if your internal washer might be torn, and someone with basic DIY skills could lend you a hand. Otherwise, our Sherwood Park plumbers are happy to provide a thorough inspection and complete any necessary repairs or replacements for your faucets.
- Plumbing Replacements: Often, water line or drain pipe repairs won’t give you long-term solutions, and you would benefit more by replacing plumbing parts (pipes, fittings and other exchangeable devices).
We always encourage Sherwood Park homeowners to opt for cost-effective methods with long-term solutions to prevent unexpected issues for years to come. In some cases, when more serious repairs are needed for a plumbing issue, our team will provide you with specialized trenchless services, such as for major sewer line replacements. These kinds of services are minimally invasive and eliminate the need to dig a large trench by reducing the amount of digging required to only what’s needed for a small service hole, such as the one visible in the image below.
Hot Water Heater Repair in Sherwood Park
Are you having problems with your hot water tank? Most Canadians use hot water every day and rely on dependable, efficient heaters. Over time and with repeated use, these fixtures eventually succumb to the natural effects of aging. We can extend the life of your fixture with routine maintenance, and if you need water heater repairs, including electric water heater repairs, we're here to help with solutions for common problems and rare issues.
Signs You May Need Hot Water Heater Repair:
In Sherwood Park, homes aren't always obvious about telling their occupants that there's an issue with their water heater, but there are several common problems you should watch for, as well as other factors that indicate replacement might be needed.
Common telltale signs include:
- Lack of hot water: Often caused by a thermostat issue or sediment buildup due to lack of regular maintenance. We can help you flush your water.
- Rusty or discoloured hot water: A replacement is inevitable if your tank’s inside is rusting.
- Loud, abnormal noises: There could be sediment buildup at the base of your tank, which is common if you don’t drain and flush your water heater every year.
- Leaks: If it’s leaking from the bottom, it could be a damaged drain valve. A less serious scenario is a leaking nozzle that needs to be tightened better.
- Heating slowly or inconsistently: This has several causes. Your hot water may have to travel a long distance from the heater to the showerhead or faucet, or your hot water pressure might be weak. Ensure the hot water valve is turned on properly and that there’s no sediment buildup in the tank.
- Old gas water heaters: If it’s more than eight years old, it might start showing signs of wear and tear and won’t work as efficiently.
- Older electric water heaters:If it’s between eight and ten years old, their efficiency will decline and lead to higher energy bills.
Frozen Pipes in Sherwood Park
During Sherwood Park's long, cold winters, pipes have an increased risk of damage because of the effects of freezing. Because frozen water expands, it seriously affects the structural integrity of pipes and impedes their ability to transport waste and water.
It's easy to get wrapped up in the other circumstances that come with winter and forget about pipes, but when poorly insulated lines freeze, our attention is immediately drawn to the failing fixtures or water line leaks.
Which Pipes Are Vulnerable to Freezing?
Plumbing is susceptible to the effects of falling temperatures when it's poorly protected. Water pipes in Sherwood Park should always have proper insulation, but you can also do additional things for winter pipe protection.
These are the most common areas of vulnerability:
- Water lines and drains along outside walls
- Outdoor hose bibs
- Pipes in unheated interiors, such as the basement or garage
- Outdoor pipes with poor insulation
Even pipes that are close to exterior walls can experience freezing if the exterior walls are poorly insulated, such as in extensions and overhangs. Also, pipes in ceiling spaces where a draft is getting in can freeze quickly during a cold snap.
What Can You Do to Fix Frozen Pipes in Sherwood Park?
The best way to avoid these problems is to keep the temperature of your thermostat set high enough to keep your whole home above 15 degrees Celsius. If you have experienced this problem before or know that you're at risk, we recommend some additional strategies. When the cold snap comes, make sure to:
- Allow a slight trickle of water to run through your faucets constantly to maintain flow
- Open cabinets under sinks to let warm air in from the rest of your home
- Seal the openings of doors, attics, and basements
- Insulate storage units and lines that are particularly exposed
- Remove and store hoses indoors during the winter
Help! I Have Frozen Pipes!
If you're experiencing a disruption or issue during a cold period, you might be the victim of a thoroughly chilled line. Applying heat is the best solution, but we recommend contacting our team of experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Sherwood Park homeowners with frozen plumbing can rely on our services to help prevent further damage.
Some of Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s Other Popular Services Include:
- Sump pump services
- Backwater valve installation
- Water filtration system repairs
- Trenchless repair technology (i.e., pipe lining and pipe bursting)
- Hose bib maintenance
- Slab leak repairs
Do You Need a Trusted Plumber in Sherwood Park?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton is your dependable resource for plumbing installation, maintenance and repairs. Our team is ready to help you right now, with certified service professionals, excellent parts, and guaranteed work, whether you’re in Sherwood Park or other communities throughout the greater Edmonton area, including Riverbend, Mill Woods, or St. Albert.
For immediate assistance and answers to all your questions, call our excellent customer service team at (780) 429-3600 to schedule an appointment time that works for you!