Edmonton Drain Cleaning Services
To clear out drain clogs and prevent future blockages for years to come, consider professional service from our local Edmonton drain cleaning and plumbing experts.
Need Reliable, Trustworthy Drain Cleaning, Edmonton?
Dirty or clogged drains often cause water to pool in your sinks and tubs and can cause a dingy, rotting smell in your home. This makes it difficult to host guests, but sewage backup fumes are also harmful to your family's health. To eliminate the various issues that arise from problematic pipes, choose our reliable team for "drain cleaning service near me" today.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton, we have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle your simple or complex drain issues. We'll be able to tell you the root cause of your drainage problem and then guarantee the solution we identify for you. Because our work is guaranteed, you get complete peace of mind. Our confidence comes from our excellent staff. Every one of our technicians is a licensed, bonded, and insured Edmonton plumber. What does this mean for you when you need drain cleaning? Edmonton residents can rely on us. Whatever our skillful plumbers complete in your home will be guaranteed to solve your issue. When our experienced team puts on their uniform and goes out for the day, they represent our company culture in how they treat you and your home—with respect.
How To Know When It’s Time for Edmonton Drain Cleaning
Over time, your pipes and drainage system can become clogged with all sorts of damaging build-up. There are plenty of myths out there about what does or does not cause clogs. Some of these things may even surprise you. Did you know that grease might be the top enemy of your home’s plumbing? That’s why even something as common as washing your dishes could cause problems for your plumbing system. You can think of the pipes leading from your sink as arteries. As the grease goes down them, it builds up on the sides of your pipes! The reason this happens is that the grease cools and hardens as it goes, forcing it to stop in its tracks and never escape out the other end. The same thing can happen when you flush any leftovers down the toilet—especially foods that continue expanding when they come into contact with water (quinoa, rice, pasta, etc.). If you’re learning about these things for the first time, your home may be in some serious need of the professional drain cleaning Edmonton deserves.
Here's a list of some common mistakes made by homeowners that tend to result in a need for drain cleaning service:
- You sometimes flush food down the toilet. This food (especially the grease) inevitably hardens due to the cooler temperatures in disposal lines and layers itself onto the walls of your pipes.
- You pour grease into your kitchen sink. Although this liquid may seem harmless, it can be very damaging even in small amounts because of its tendency to build up and clog your drainage lines very quickly. It's important to avoid grease entering your plumbing system as often as you can, but if you've already done this in your home, we recommend drain cleaning service to get things flowing as they should again.
- You have young children in your home. It’s incredible what Edmonton drain cleaning can reveal—we often find small toys and various other items that were flushed down the toilet without the parents’ knowledge.
- You host guests often. It’s hard to be certain whether your guests are well aware of plumbing maintenance rules.
- You’ve recently moved in and aren’t sure about the previous owners’ degree of care for the home’s plumbing.
- Your toilet has been taking longer than usual to flush. This is most likely indicative of a clog forming, and it’s best to catch it before it does some serious damage.
- Water stands in your sink before eventually making its way into drainage lines. If this is the case, it is highly probable that you’re already beginning to experience a clog and should call in a professional.
- You hear gurgling noises in your walls. Nope, it's not monsters. Gurgling happens when wastewater has a tight passage to get through, meaning that your pipes have accumulated a build-up.
- Bad odours coming from rooms with plumbing fixtures. A clog can be locking in public wastewater and sending these fumes up the pipes and into your home. Not only is this an annoyance for your family and guests, but it’s also a health concern and should be looked after right away.
- When items such as wet wipes and feminine hygiene products say that they are “flushable,” it should be taken with a grain of salt. These items are a frequent cause of clogged drains and should not be flushed at all.
What to Expect When You Call Mr. Rooter for Drain Cleaning, Edmonton and Area
First of all, we understand that most phone calls to an Edmonton plumber occur when you’re experiencing a stressful situation like a drainage issue or a problem with your sewer line. Because of this, we ensure that our professional service staff is trained to be as helpful and courteous as possible throughout your entire experience, from when you pick up the phone to call us for residential drain cleaning service near me, right up until the moment we leave your home.
Prompt Arrival, Drain Inspection, and Diagnosis
We’ll send a professional plumber to your home in order to assess the situation. Our experienced plumbers always knock on your door in the Mr. Rooter uniform so that you’re sure it’s us. Upon inspection of your plumbing issue, we’ll let you know what’s wrong and how we plan on fixing it. Even more importantly, you’ll receive a quote before we start that’s based on a flat rate and will not increase once the job is done—we stick to our word. It’s one of the ways we ensure that you feel safe choosing our dependable plumbing service.
Our Methods of Drain Cleaning Edmonton
Once you've agreed on the work to be performed, your Edmonton plumber will get right to it. During drain cleaning, Edmonton plumbers on our team will typically use one of two methods. One of these is a high-pressure jetting of water into the drainage line that needs to be cleaned. The industrial-grade equipment that we use for hydro jetting is enough to remove anything that might have been attached to the walls of your pipes and send it away for good. Although you probably won't peer into it, you'll know that your drain lines will be sparkling clean. Sometimes, however, your lines are already experiencing a clog, and the obstruction needs to be physically removed from the pipe. If this is the case, we turn to the use of a plumbing auger or drain snake. We insert its cable into your drainage line, twist it into the obstruction, and pull it back out to get your drains back in working order. We also have various technologies available for video camera inspection to confirm what's causing the issues that you're experiencing.
After the Clog is Eliminated
Once our plumbing work is done, we clean up any mess that we’ve made. We know how much your home means to you, and that’s why we treat it the same way we’d treat our own. Before we go, we are more than happy to stick around and let you know exactly what work was performed. We believe it’s important for homeowners to have a good understanding of the plumbing work being done because it factors into proper preventative maintenance in the future.
When we’re off on our way, you’re left with the guarantee that your drains have been unclogged or cleaned up exactly the way you intended. All of our parts and workmanship are fully guaranteed for your peace of mind.
Our Environmental Values for Drain Cleaning Edmonton
We value your family’s safety as well as our environment. Because of this, we choose not to use harmful drain cleaners in your home. Our plumbing experts use only the safest, most effective methods when cleaning your residential drains. We use a variety of methods to clean them, none of which contain toxic or damaging chemicals that could corrode your pipes or be harmful to your health. Instead, we use HydroScrub® jetting to clear your drain pipes with high-pressure water. Sometimes, the situation calls for one of our cable machine augers which is our other chemical-free drain clearing mechanism.
If ever we do choose to include a liquid drain cleaner, we rely on Total Drain—a biodegradable bacteria culture product to provide environmentally-friendly and safe drain maintenance to restore the condition of your plumbing system. This treatment uses bacteria to consume the contents often found in clogged drains, such as organic material, fats, oils, and grease. While Total Drain is not to be used to clear a blockage, it is an amazing product to prevent future drainage issues.
What Causes Damage and Obstruction to Drain Pipes?
It's usually hard to say what exactly has caused a blocked drain problem until a reliable plumber takes a look at what's happening in your drains. There are various ways to do this, and the source of the problem can also vary. It's not something that can be guessed without the proper equipment, training, and technology.
Although clogs are what we typically see with drain cleaning, Edmonton residents may encounter other potential problems in their drain lines. These can range from tree roots growing into your drains to experiencing the effects of improperly installed pipes (misalignment) or even other environmental obstructions. What's important to note is that these obstructions are unrelated to how well you maintain the plumbing from the inside of your home. Although proper maintenance is essential on the homeowner's part, sometimes drains experience problems from the other end.
That being said, the most common cause of clogged sinks or clogged toilets is that something was washed or flushed that really doesn't belong in your drain lines. The number one culprits are fat, oil and grease because they coat pipe walls and solidify into a sticky mess that grabs and holds anything that follows them down the pipe. Debris like flushable wipes (they're not really flushable!), excessive toilet paper, soap scum build-up, and clumps of hair are other common problem causers.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton?
The professional drain cleaning services are about more than just solving your immediate plumbing problems. We aim to help our customers maintain functional, comfortable homes for the long term. Whether you have a clogged drain, are dealing with ongoing plumbing issues, need a fixture such as a hot water heater installed, or are acting preventatively, our team of plumbers can check for any water damage and help solve any potential issues. We genuinely care about you and your home, and you'll feel the effects of our specialized customer service throughout your whole experience with us. Our plumbing services aren't just for Edmonton—residents in the surrounding area, such as Sherwood Park and St. Albert, can benefit from the same outstanding workmanship and excellent customer service.
Some of the things our clients value most about our expert team are:
- Upfront prices, always! We will quote you a flat rate price before we begin our work. Our prices are based on flat rates, so you can be sure that there won’t be an extra charge on your invoice.
- Scheduled appointments. We won’t ask you to take the day off work in order to wait around for us all day in an 8-hour window. We schedule narrow arrival windows to arrive at your home and do our best to stick to it.
- Courteous, competent staff. We train our Mr. Rooter Edmonton family to put the customer first - always. The staff that we take on care about others and will see your situation through from start to finish.
- Guaranteed repairs and parts. We know that our plumbers do fantastic work, and that's why we confidently guarantee their workmanship. The parts that we use in your home are always of the highest quality, and we confidently guarantee they will perform in your home the way they're supposed to.
- Live chat service. For busy homeowners, our chat service provides an easy way to talk to us without having to compromise much time out of your day.
- Our trustworthy name. We’ve been in business for decades and are proud of the reputation we hold in the Edmonton community. Our years of experience extend far past drain cleaning. Edmonton homeowners can rely on us to take care of all their home’s plumbing needs and provide a guarantee.
If you’re experiencing issues with clogged drains, turn to the experts for help with drain cleaning. Edmonton, it's important to keep in mind that only a licensed plumber will be able to guarantee the work performed in your home. If you seek superior quality work combined with friendly customer service, the choice is obvious—contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton today at 780-429-3600 to request a job estimate from our certified plumbers.
We look forward to exceeding your expectations.