Dirty or clogged drains often cause water to pool in your sinks and tubs and can cause a dingy, rotting smell in your home. Not only does this make it difficult to host guests, sewage backup fumes can be harmful to your family’s health. To eliminate the various issues that arise from problematic pipes, choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton for your drain cleaning service today.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton, we have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle your simple or complex drain issues. We’ll be able to tell you the root cause of your problem and then guarantee the solution we identify for you. Because our work is guaranteed, you get complete peace of mind. Our confidence comes from our excellent staff. All of our technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured Edmonton plumbers. What does this mean for you? Whatever our skillful plumbers complete in your home will be guaranteed to solve your issue, we promise. When our plumbers put on their uniform and go out for the day, they represent our Mr. Rooter Edmonton company culture in how they treat you and your home - with respect.
You can easily reach our plumbers at (780) 429-3600 to request an in-home estimate.
Over time, your pipes and drains can become clogged with all sorts of damaging build-up. There are plenty of myths out there about what does or does not clog up drains. Some of these things may even surprise you. Did you know that grease might just be the top enemy of your home’s plumbing? That’s why even something as common as washing your dishes could cause problems for your drains. You can think of the pipes leading from your sink as arteries. As the grease goes down them, it builds up on the sides of your pipes! The reason this happens is that the grease cools and hardens as it goes, forcing it to stop in its tracks and never escape out the other end. The same thing can happen when you flush any leftovers down the toilet - especially foods that continue expanding when they come into contact with water (quinoa, rice, pasta etc). If you’re learning about these things for the first time, your home may be in some serious need of drain cleaning.
Here’s a list of some common mistakes made by homeowners that tend to result in a need for drain cleaning services:
- You sometimes flush food down the toilet. This food (especially the grease) inevitably hardens due to the cooler temperatures in your drains and layers itself onto the walls of your pipes.
- You pour grease into your kitchen sink. Although this liquid may seem harmless, it can be very damaging even in small amounts because of its tendency to build up and clog your drains very quickly. It’s important to avoid grease entering your drains as often as you can, but if you’ve already done this in your home, we recommend a drain cleaning service to get things flowing as they should again.
- You have young children in your home. It’s incredible what a drain cleaning can reveal - we often find small toys and various other items that were flushed down the toilet without the parents’ knowledge.
- You host guests often. It’s hard to be certain whether your guests are well aware of plumbing maintenance rules.
- You’ve recently moved in and aren’t sure about the previous owners’ degree of care for the home’s plumbing.
- Your toilet has been taking longer than usual to flush. This is most likely indicative of a clog forming and it’s best to catch it before it does some serious damage.
- Water stands in your sink before flowing down the drain. If this is the case, it is highly probable that you’re already beginning to experience a clog and should call in a professional.
- You hear gurgling noises in your walls. Nope, it’s not monsters. Gurgling happens when waste water has a tight passage to get through, meaning that your pipes have accumulated a buildup.
- Bad drain odours coming from rooms with openings to drains. A clog can be locking in public waste water and sending these fumes up the pipes and into your home. Not only is this an annoyance for your family and guests but it’s also a health concern and should be looked after right away.
- When items such as wet wipes and feminine hygiene products say that they are “flushable,” it should be taken with a grain of salt. These items are a frequent cause of clogged drains and should not be flushed at all.
First of all, we understand that most phone calls to a professional plumber occur when you’re experiencing a stressful situation. Because of this, we ensure that our staff is trained to be as helpful and courteous as possible throughout your entire experience, from when you pick up the phone to call us right up until the moment we leave your home.
We’ll send over one of our certified plumbers to your home in order to assess the situation. Our plumbers always knock on your door in the Mr. Rooter uniform so that you’re sure it’s us. Upon inspection of your plumbing issue, we’ll let you know what’s wrong and how we plan on fixing it. Even more importantly, you’ll receive a quote before we start that’s based on a flat rate and will not increase once the job is done - we stick to our word. It’s one of the ways we ensure that you feel safe choosing Mr. Rooter Edmonton.
Once you’ve agreed on the work to be performed, we’ll get right to it. In a drain cleaning, we will usually be using one of two methods. One of these is a high pressure jetting of water into the drain that needs to be cleaned. The industrial grade equipment that we use for this pressurized cleaning is enough to remove anything that might have been attached to the walls of your pipes and send it away for good. Although you probably won’t peer into them, you’ll know that your drains will be sparkling clean. Sometimes, however, your drains are already experiencing a clog and the obstruction needs to be physically removed from the pipe. If this is the case, we turn to the use of a plumbing auger. We insert its cable into your drain, twist it into the obstruction and pull it back out to get your drains back in working order. We also have various technology available to enter your drains with a camera and confirm what’s causing the plumbing issues that you’re experiencing.
Once our plumbing work is done, we clean up any mess that we’ve made. We know how much your home means to you and that’s why we treat it the same way we’d treat our own.
Before we go, we are more than happy to stick around and let you know exactly what work was performed. We believe it’s important for homeowners to have a good understanding of the plumbing work being done because it factors in to proper home plumbing maintenance in the future.
When we’re off on our way, you’re left with the guarantee that your drains have been declogged or cleaned up exactly the way you intended. All of our parts and workmanship are fully guaranteed for your peace of mind.
We value your family’s safety as well as our environment. Because of this we choose not to use harmful chemicals in your home. Our plumbing experts use only the safest, most effective methods when cleaning your residential drains. We use a variety of methods to clean them, none of which contain toxic or damaging chemicals that could corrode your pipes or be harmful to your health. Instead, we use HydroScrub® Jetting to clear your drain with high-pressure water. Sometimes, the situation calls for one of our cable machine drain augers which is our other chemical-free drain clearing mechanism.
If ever we do choose to include a liquid drain maintenance product, we rely on Total Drain - a biodegradable bacteria culture product to provide environmentally-friendly and safe drain maintenance to restore the condition of your plumbing system. This drain care treatment uses bacteria to consume the contents often found in clogged drains, such as organic material, fats, oils, and grease. While Total Drain is not to be used to clear a blockage, it is an amazing product to prevent future drainage issues.
It’s usually hard to say what exactly has caused the problem until a certified plumber takes a look at what’s happening in your drains. There are various ways to do this and the source of the problem can also vary. It’s not something that can be guessed without the proper equipment, training and technology.
Here’s a visual to showcase our expertise. Below you’ll find some of the issues we typically find in your drains. Although it’s clogs that we often tackle with drain cleanings, there are multiple other possible problems that you can encounter in your drain pipes.These can range from roots growing into your drains, to experiencing the effects of improperly installed pipes (misalignment) or even other environmental obstructions. What’s important to note is that these obstructions are unrelated to how well you maintain the plumbing from the inside of your home. Although proper maintenance is incredibly important on the homeowner’s part, sometimes drains unfortunately experience problems from the other end. Take a look and see how we tackle the various problems that can arise.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton
The services we provide at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton are about more than just solving your immediate plumbing problems. We aim to help our customers maintain functional, comfortable homes for the long-term. Whether you have a clogged drain, are dealing with ongoing plumbing issues, or are acting preventatively, our plumbers can check for any damage and help solve any potential issues. We genuinely care about you and your home and you’ll feel the effects of our specialized customer service throughout your whole experience with us.
Some of the things our clients value most about Mr. Rooter Edmonton are the following:
- 24-hour emergency service - we know that plumbing emergencies don’t wait until it’s a convenient time for you. That’s why we’re here to take your call morning or night, including weekends and holidays.
- Upfront prices, always! We will quote you before we begin our work. Our prices are based on flat rates so you can be sure that there won’t be any surprises on your invoice.
- Scheduled appointments. We won’t ask you to take the day off work in order to wait around for us all day in a 6 hour window. We schedule a specific time to arrive in your home and do our best to stick to it.
- Courteous, competent staff. We train our Mr. Rooter Edmonton family to put the customer first - always. The staff that we take on care about others and will see your situation through from start to finish.
- Guaranteed repairs and parts. We know that our plumbers do fantastic work and that’s why we confidently guarantee their workmanship. The parts that we use on your home are also always of the highest quality and we confidently guarantee them to perform in your home the way they’re supposed to.
- Live chat service. For the busy homeowner, our chat service provides an easy way to talk to us without having to compromise much time out of your day.
- Our trustworthy name. We’ve been in business for decades and are proud of the reputation we hold in the Edmonton community. Our years of experience extend far past drain cleaning - we are the company that can completely take care of all your home’s plumbing needs and provide a guarantee.
If you’re experiencing issues with clogged drains, turn to the experts for help. Only a licensed plumber will be able to guarantee the work performed in your home. And if you want superior quality work in combination with friendly customer service the choice is obvious - contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton today to request a job estimate from our certified plumbers. We look forward to exceeding your expectations.