Service for Clogged Drains in Vancouver, BC
A clogged drain in your home is a disruption in your daily routine, not to mention your life. It’s frustrating if you’re unable to use the sink, toilet, shower or bathtub because it's not draining properly. You know that you need to unclog it, but you're not sure of the best methods, and perhaps you're wary of tackling it on your own. Mishandling the plunger or auger could easily damage your drain lines.
Although there are some steps that you might take to fix the problem, it’s often easiest to call for professional Vancouver clogged drain services from a licensed plumber. For prompt clogged drain or emergency plumbing and general drain services, your local Vancouver plumber at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Vancouver BC is at your service!
You need a professional plumber that you can trust, someone who is licensed, bonded, and fully insured. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, we are dedicated to serving the locals in Metro Vancouver by providing quality workmanship and customer service. We’re proud to be able to serve our community as trusted, local Vancouver plumbers who get the job done right the first time.
How Does Mr. Rooter Plumbing Deal with Clogged Drains in Vancouver, BC?
We use a variety of methods and tools to treat clogged drains. Vancouver, BC homeowners might have some household remedies and tools to keep their drains healthy, but they often aren’t effective for stubborn clogs. Although the white vinegar and baking soda combination is a good idea to eliminate bad smells and clear the sink opening, you’ll still need professional assistance in the event of nastier clogs deeper down the drain.
Here are some of the plumbing tools and solutions that we use to provide our efficient Vancouver clogged drain services.
- Augers: An auger is a long tool that is threaded into a drain so that the coiled end can be twisted into the obstruction. The clog is then pulled out to clear the block down the line. You can buy efficient toilet augers to use at home, but we use specialized augers that provide extra power and accuracy.
- Hydro Jetting: Using powerful water jets is another effective way of cleaning out a clogged drain in Vancouver, BC. Hydro jetting typically follows inspection services, during which a plumber decides that it will be the most effective solution. In fact, hydro jetting can get your drains even cleaner compared to using an auger. That’s why we take pride in our HydroScrub® Jetting, which uses strong, pressurized water to clean out any grease or debris from your drains.
- Camera Inspection: Inspecting your drain with a video camera allows us to take a good look at your pipe’s interior. We’re able to determine its age, material, and condition, which helps us choose the best method and tool to unblock it and check for any damage. It means that we don't have to guess at what might be happening down there, and our plumbers can combine the use of this technology with their knowledge and experience to decide the best course of action.
About Our Team
Our professional plumbers have years of training and knowledge, which they put to use when tackling a clogged drain in Vancouver. They know all about how your plumbing works, and how to map out the best approach to eliminating the problems that you have. In fact, many of our staff have been in the plumbing industry for decades.
Since Mr. Rooter Plumbing was founded in 1979, more than 230 locations have opened their doors to the public across North America. We've seen every plumbing problem under the sun, and our experienced plumbers can take care of any issues that you might have, from clogged drains to sewer backups.
The hardworking members of our team are carefully selected to ensure they have the skills and experience needed to work in your home. They are all licensed, qualified and fully insured, so that they’ll provide reliable services to homeowners around Vancouver. All of our plumbing technicians are knowledgeable and committed to providing top service to all our clients. We offer friendly customer service together with our skilled approach to plumbing, which has helped us to build a loyal customer base.
24/7 Emergency Plumbing Service
Our 24/7 service means that you never need to wait any longer than necessary to have your drains unclogged. If you have an emergency at home and need Vancouver clogged drain services as soon as possible, we will be there to help. No matter what time of the day or year you need us, count on us to prioritize your plumbing emergency.
What to Expect When You Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing to Fix Your Clogged Drains in Vancouver, BC
When we come to unclog your pipes, we follow the process that we have designed to deliver the best customer experience. Every stage of the service that we offer is intended to leave you feeling satisfied with the attention that you receive. Just get in touch to request a job estimate or book an appointment, and a friendly plumber will soon arrive at your door.
Before we do anything, we always make sure to provide you with the cost of the work and get your approval. Once we have given you a quote, that's what you will pay. We don't ever raise prices at the last minute, and we work with flat rates for many services, so you know what you're getting and how much you're paying for it.
Our plumbers always take care to treat your home with respect, and leave it looking exactly as they found it (minus any clogged drains). When you have had a plumbing emergency, we know you’re already dealing with dirty water, so we’ll do our best to avoid making it any worse. As well as cleaning up after ourselves, we explain the work that we have carried out before we leave. This is to make sure that you understand what we did and any maintenance you might need to do to keep your drains and pipes in good condition.
All of our parts and services have a guarantee to protect your home. You can rely on us to ensure that everything is in working order. We choose only the best parts and hire the most skilled and experienced plumbers to provide you with top level work that you can count on. Trust our Vancouver clogged drain experts to service your home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Clogged Drains in Vancouver, BC:
How Common Are Clogged Drains in Vancouver?
This depends on how well you care for your waste lines, which will ultimately show through your sewer line’s health. However, the reason for Vancouver clogged drains depends on a few factors, including how careful you are about what you put down them. Some get clogged all the time, while others rarely have problems. If you experience frequent clogs, you might need professional assistance to solve the problem once and for all.
What Causes Clogged Drains in Vancouver?
Some homeowners might find that the cause of their clogs is actually something that they put down the drain themselves.
Some of the most common reasons for a clogged pipe include:
- Hair - Hair is a common problem for bathtub drain clogs, as it sticks together with other substances, including soap residue and dirt.
- Soap - Soap scum is one of the things that is definitely meant to be washed away, but it will still cause issues. Traditional soap bars in particular cause blockages due to the fat or grease that they're made with. It’s typically combined with minerals in the water and leaves a hard residue that creates clogs.
- Paper Products - Tissue paper, paper towel and wet wipes are all problematic clog causes because they are designed to absorb and trap moisture, rather than disintegrate in water like toilet paper.
- Dirt - Excess dirt creates trouble too. If you spend a lot of time outside, you might wash off the dirt and mud once you get home. But this adds to the overall buildup inside your pipes.
- Food Waste - In the kitchen, food waste is a problem even if you use strainers during dishwashing. Even when you scrape food off plates and pans before washing them, you’ll end up with small amounts of food particles going down the sink. Egg shells and coffee grounds are particularly problematic for plumbing systems, and should always go in the garbage.
- Mineral Buildup - In areas with a hard water supply, mineral deposits from the water build up on your pipe walls. When this happens, you’ll need professional Vancouver clogged drain services, such as hydro jetting.
- Obstructive Objects - Some small objects that you accidentally wash down or flush down your drains are also troublesome. Even dental floss can result in a frustrating clog.
How Do You Prevent Clogged Drains in Vancouver, BC?
You shouldn’t be alone looking after your pipework. If you’re already taking the necessary steps to prevent anything from going down that shouldn't, as well as clear out your drains if they do start to get blocked, you’re doing a great job!
One useful thing you can do is to use drain guards. These will catch anything that shouldn't be going down your drain. They can be useful to catch small pieces of food debris in the kitchen, and are also very useful in the bathroom to prevent hair going down the drain. Some are designed to catch hair, and you can simply pull them out and clean them off. There are also disposable hair catchers available, which you can just drop into the garbage.
In addition to using drain guards to catch anything that might accidentally get into your drain, you can be careful about what you put down there. For example, if you're covered in mud, removing the excess dirt before getting into the shower is smart. Being sure not to flush anything or drop anything down the drain that shouldn't be there will prevent blockages.
In the kitchen, avoid tipping cooking grease and oil down the drain. Instead, put it in an empty can, allow it to dry and throw it away. Create a compost pile from food, coffee grounds and other organic waste. Not only will it protect your plumbing system, but it's good for the environment too.
You can also take steps to regularly flush out your drains. Run or pour hot water down a drain after use to keep things moving. Baking soda and white vinegar, followed by hot water, will also keep your waste line clean and help to deal with odours too. An eco-friendly pipe cleaner is also a good preventative product to use for your household waste lines. However, be careful with harsh chemical cleaners, as these could damage and corrode your plumbing if used too often.
What Can You Use for Clogged Drains in Vancouver, BC?
Before you decide to call a professional, there are various things you can try. There are some tools and products that could help to clean out your pipes within minutes. With a few basics, you’ll be able to tackle a lot of problems on your own. However, if you can't sort the problem out yourself, call your local Vancouver plumbers to bring their professional plumbing equipment.
One or two plungers are always a good tool to have in your home. One to unblock toilets and one for any sinks in your home. You need to be careful when plunging because it does use pressure to push the clog. However, it still remains the simplest solution that you need to tackle a clog.
Although our augers are more professional, you can also buy one from the hardware store. In Canada, as well as drain snakes that can also pull out clogs. It may take a bit of time to work, but it’s still an effective method. You might need to try a few times to effectively remove the clog. If it's not working, our local Vancouver clogged drain professionals will arrive with their plumbing augers and get the job done quickly.
Hot water is not only a preventative option for cleaning, but also a good choice if you want to flush out a buildup of grease or oil in your pipes. Make sure that the water isn't boiling, as it could melt your PVC or ABS pipes. You may also run your hot water tap to dislodge any grease. You might have to do it a few times to completely clean the drain.
Need Help with Blocked Drain Pipes?
Is your kitchen sink clogged? Are there odd noises coming from your bathroom sink? If you've tried to solve a plumbing issue like that yourself but haven't managed to clear your pipes, you need professional drainage services.
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Vancouver at 604-433-5555 to talk to one of our representatives about your problem. We can get one of our local experts to you as soon as possible for drain cleaning and a wide range of plumbing repair services.