Sump Pump Replacement & Repair
Reliable Plumbing Services with No Overtime Charges
If you have a basement and live in an area with heavy rainstorms, then a sump pump is an absolute must. These handy devices re-route water away from the lowest point of your home’s foundation to prevent basement floods. When heavy rains occur, a sump pump will keep your basement and foundation free from water damage.
But like all things, sump pumps don’t work forever. If your pump stops working, it’s crucial to identify the cause and find a solution before the next big storm. Doing so can help you avoid serious damage to your home.
Not sure if you need a new sump pump? Keep reading to learn more about the signs of a faulty pump.
Types of Sump Pumps
There are two primary types of sump pumps:
- Pedestal – These are mounted above the sump pit, providing convenient access for service and periodic testing.
- Submersible – Submersible sump pumps sit in a sump pit (or well) and are out of sight.
In most cases, sump pumps are hardwired into the home’s electrical system or plugged into a wall outlet. However, these power sources can fail in a storm, so most sump pumps are equipped with battery backup power. If your sump pump doesn’t have a backup, Mr. Rooter Plumbing can help install a sump pump battery backup.
Other key facts about sump pumps:
- A sump pump is triggered by a float switch, which is set off when the water reaches a preset level. Once it reaches this level, the sump pump begins to remove water into a nearby storm drain, outdoor area, or well.
- It’s important to equip sump pumps with battery-powered water-level alarms. This can help ensure you are warned of potential flooding should the pump start to malfunction or overflow.
Common Sump Pump Problems & Solutions
We recommend that you have your sump pump checked every year to ensure it functions properly. We can help you detect any problems and prevent future damage from occurring.
Common Sump Pump Issues Include:
- Improper installation
- Clogged pumps/parts
- Basin overfilling with water
- Pump continuously running
- Stuck switch
Unless you have experience handling a sump pump, it’s difficult to diagnose what’s causing the problem. However, letting the issue go untreated puts your unit in jeopardy and risks damage to your property.
Our Sump Pump Services Include the Following:
- Sump Pump Repairs
- Sump Pump Installations
- Battery Backup Installation
- Battery Backup Replacements
- & Much More
Sump Pump Replacement in Your Area
If your sump pump doesn’t work properly, you might need sump pump replacement, and Mr. Rooter Plumbing can help! For expert plumbing repair by courteous plumbing professionals, give us a call today before the next big rainstorm!