Sump Pump Repair
Reliable Plumbing Services With No Overtime Charges
Sump pumps are used to re-route water away from the lowest point of your
home's foundation and protect your basement from flooding. Sump pumps
are pivotal during heavy rainstorms and work to reduce flooding from overflowing
water from a plumbing issue. If your sump pump stops working, it’s
important to identify the cause and find a solution before the next rainstorm
to avoid serious damage to your home.
For sump pump repair, call your local Mr. Rooter® Plumbing at (855) 591-0128.
Types of Sump Pumps
There are two primary types of sump pumps:
- Pedestal - Mounted above the sump pit, providing convenient access for service and periodic testing.
- Submersible - Sits in a sump pit (or well) and out of sight.
In most cases, your sump pump is hardwired to your electrical system or plugged into a wall outlet. Because these power sources can fail in a storm, sump pumps are typically equipped with battery backup power. If your sump pump doesn’t have a backup, Mr. Rooter can help install a sump pump battery backup.
Other key facts about sump pumps:
- A sump pump is triggered by a float switch, which is set off when the water reaches a pre-set level. Once it reaches this level, the sump pump begins to remove water into a nearby storm drain, outdoor area, or well.
- It’s important to equip sump pumps with battery-powered water-level alarms. This can help ensure you are warned of potential flooding, should the pump start to malfunction or overflow.
Common Sump Pump Problems & Solutions
Our team suggests you should have your sump pump checked every year to ensure it functions properly. Not only do our services detect any problems, but they also help prevent future damage from occurring.
Common Sump Pump Issues Include:
- Improper installation
- Clogged pumps/parts
- Basin overfilling with water
- Pump continuously runs
- Stuck switch
Unless you have experience handling a sump pump, it’s difficult to find the cause of the problem. However, letting the issue go untreated not only puts your unit in jeopardy but can hurt your commercial or residential property.
Our Sump Pump Services Include:
- Sump Pump Repairs
- Sump Pump Installations
- Battery Backup Installation
- Battery Backup Replacements
- & Much More
Sump Pump Repair Near Me
If your sump pump doesn’t pass the test above, you might need sump pump repair, and Mr. Rooter can help. Before the next big rainstorm, call Mr. Rooter for expert plumbing repair by courteous plumbing professionals. Don’t wait until it’s too late—give us a call at (855) 591-0128 or request a job estimate online today.