What To Expect From Our Ottawa Water Heater Repairs
There is a wide range of culprits that lead to water heater issues. When you hire our professional service technicians, they will complete the required plumbing diagnosis and inspections to check for underlying issues and give you a detailed report about their findings.
Depending on the type of damage evident, we’ll lay out a list of repair options and a potential replacement. Our licensed experts care about your well-being, so they will be honest about their recommendations. If they think a replacement will bring you long-term benefits and savings, they will walk you through the steps.
Alternatively, if minor repairs, such as anode rod and drain valve replacement or flushing services, are needed, it will be a very straightforward process. Cost estimates will be made before the initial service request but after a detailed inspection.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing For Water Heater Repairs?
Ottawa, ON residents have trusted Mr. Rooter Plumbing for many years, and we will go above and beyond to keep it that way. Established in the 1970s, Mr. Rooter was founded to help our local community better maintain their plumbing systems for a safer and more energy-efficient home.
Since Mr. Rooter became an honored member of Neighborly’s home service franchises, it has grown into hundreds of locally owned and operated plumbing companies across North America. What makes us stand out from the crowd is simple: we care about our local communities' safety and will do everything in our power to make a difference in the world of plumbing:
- Licensed plumbers with proven track records of success. Our qualified experts are background-checked, experienced, bonded, and fully insured, always wearing a uniform and a smile on their faces, ready to get to work without wasting time.
- Guaranteed workmanship means that our plumbing installation, repair, or replacement services are covered by our Done Right Promise® should anything not meet your expectations. This guarantee also includes parts replacements.
- Upfront pricing systems help remain transparent and honest at all times. Our professional plumber in Ottawa provides a detailed inspection report before providing you with the cost estimate for the repair job needed. This way, you won’t ever have to deal with any hidden fees.
- Emergency plumber 24/7: Many Ottawa residents have saved our number to their speed dial because they know they can trust our professional technicians at any time, whether it’s for a sewer backup or an emergency Ottawa water heater repair service. As we care about your safety, we do not believe in applying overtime charges or other additional costs on emergency repairs.
Ottawa Water Heater Repairs FAQs
What Are Typical Warning Signs I Need Water Heater Repair?
Ottawa, ON homeowners who haven’t been scheduling regular maintenance services, such as flushing the tank or replacing the anode rod, will start running into issues over time due to sediment buildup at the bottom of the tank’s bottom. This could result in a series of potential problems that include:
- Leak around the tank: There are various reasons for a tank leak. It could be a problem related to your pressure relief valve that may need to be re-tightened, so it can continue to control the pressure inside your hot water tank. You may also have a clogged drain valve that needs to be cleared from deposit buildup. However, if there is a large pool around the base, you might have a cracked or corroded tank. We recommend calling your Ottawa water heater repair technician immediately.
- Condensation around the tank: It’s important to distinguish between condensation and a leak. If you notice water droplets on your tank’s surface during winter or spring, it’s because extremely cool water enters the tank unit, so the high humidity level in the cool space turns the gaseous vapor into liquid. Your local Ottawa water heater specialist recommends insulating your water lines and hot water tank. This way, you’ll prevent frozen pipes and potential rust.
- Rust-colored water: When rusty water comes out of your tap, you’re dealing with mineral and sediment buildup in your water heater tank, or it could also be your supply lines if you’re also experiencing a decrease in pressure. With a proper diagnosis and water heater repair, Ottawa, ON homeowners can rest easy knowing that our expert technicians have everything under control.
- Decreased water pressure and fluctuating temperatures: Here, it’s important that you check various plumbing fixtures for this issue, as it’s not uncommon for a faucet or shower head to become clogged with deposits over time. But if several fixtures are affected and the temperature is uneven, you likely have a clog in your water pipe that connects to your tank or there is an accumulation of buildup at the tank’s bottom.
How Often Do I Need To Flush Out My Storage Tank?
This depends on the level of mineral deposits in your supply. Ottawa is known to have soft to moderate water hardness, so you might be able to get away with one flushing service per year.
How Much Do Ottawa Water Heater Repairs Cost?
It depends on the type of repair that is needed to recover your unit’s original functions. Exchanging small parts (i.e., drain valve) versus replacing larger parts (i.e., heating element) will vary greatly, so it’s important that your experienced plumber completes the necessary diagnosis first.
Need Water Heater Repairs in Ottawa, ON?
Even when the smallest nuisance puts a dent in your daily routines, such as decreased water pressure or the lack of heated water, get in touch with your licensed plumber right away for a detailed inspection and diagnosis.
Give our friendly customer service team a call to schedule your appointment with our certified team of experts who also proudly serve our neighbors in Kanata, Lower Town, and Nepean.
While you’re here, we invite you to learn about our drain repair and hose bib installation services.