Water Valve Installation
Our licensed, bonded, and insured plumbers install several types of water valves, including:
- Whole house shutoff valves
- Ball valves
- Faucet valves
- Gate valves
- Globe valves
- Supply stop valves
- Washing machine valves
If you aren’t sure what valve type your home plumbing system needs, don’t worry. Your local Mr. Rooter Plumbing will identify the water valve that’s right for your system. Then a friendly service technician will be there to perform an efficient water valve installation that keeps your plumbing working its best.
Water Valve Repair
Hard water and general wear can cause water valves to fail. Because there are so many types of valves, repair jobs can be complex. But our plumbers are ready for anything.
Signs you need water valve repair or water inlet valve repair include:
- Water that continues to run after a valve is closed
- Dripping or leaking valves
- Irregular or noisy water flow
- A loose or leaking water valve handle
- Rust or mold around the plumbing fixture or pipes
No matter the warning signs your plumbing is showing you, Mr. Rooter Plumbing will get to the bottom of it and resolve the problem.
Water Valve Replacement
Will a repair be possible, or do you need complete water valve replacement? Your local Mr. Rooter will assess the valve to recommend your best course of action.
Here are the steps of a typical water valve replacement:
- Close the water supply valve closest to the section of the piping near the valve to be replaced. If shutting a valve located at a water meter, always close the valve on the house side rather than the water line valve going to the road.
- Once the water is off, remove the old valve and replace it with a new valve. Some valves may be threaded, while others may have a compression nut to loosen and replace. If the water valve is a sweat valve, it’s soldered to the pipe and must be removed with a torch or hacksaw.
- If the handle is broken or leaking, we’ll perform a water valve handle replacement.
- Once the replacement is completed, we’ll restore the water flow and check the new water valve’s function.
Keep in mind that some water valve types are easier to replace than others. The proper training and professional tools are crucial to a successful replacement. Especially in the case of a live water valve replacement, it’s important to hire a plumber to prevent water damage to the home. New technology exists that allows some valves to be “pressed” on with specialized tools, avoiding the need to thread or solder the pipe joint.
Water Valve Services Near Me
Let Mr. Rooter Plumbing provide water valve services so you can get on with life. Whether you need water valve installation, repair, or replacement, our plumbers will get the job done right. Reach out to your local team by calling or request a job estimate online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the on and off positions for water valves?
To find out if a water valve is on or off, look at the position of the handle. In most cases, the valve is closed if the handle is perpendicular to the water flow path. The valve is open if the handle is in line with the flow path.
How to turn off the water supply to bathroom taps:
In most bathrooms, the shut-off valve to the water supply is in the cabinet area under the sink. If you do not see the water valve there, look in the ceiling above the sink. Once you locate the valve, turn it clockwise to shut off the water supply.
For all your home improvement needs, trust Neighbourly® to connect you to the top service providers in your area, such as these:
- Aire Serv® installs, repairs, and replaces air ducts for all types of forced-air HVAC systems.
- Mosquito Joe® offers tick control treatments to keep these disease-carrying insects away from your family.
- Rainbow International® performs smoke and fire damage restoration for homes impacted by fires.