A long, hard day isn’t complete without a hot shower at the end of it. Nor is a bubbly basin of water as effective at cleaning dishes if it isn’t hot. These are just a few of the many reasons homeowners want an electric water heater. Scarborough residents make use of theirs year-round, which means these units are constantly filling, heating, and pumping. That’s a lot of wear and tear, and that means the potential for issues is heightened. So what do you do when your soothing evening soak turns into an undesirable ice bath? Call a qualified Scarborough plumber for electric water heater repair.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Scarborough ON proudly serves all of the Scarborough area with the expert services they need for their electric water heaters, including Scarborough electric water heater replacement and electric water heater installation. Whatever your request, we have the experience to take care of it. We offer long-term solutions that won’t just fix your issue now but ones that will ensure the same problem doesn’t keep coming back. Kiss cold showers goodbye, call us today and don’t neglect other pertinent issues such as drain clogs and leaky pipes.
About Our Scarborough Electric Water Heater Services
You may not realize how much you treasure your water heater until it breaks and you can no longer get hot water on demand. You chose an electric water heater for convenience, but even those that run on electricity can see issues from time to time. Figuring out what’s wrong with their water heater isn’t always black and white for Scarborough residents, but that’s where we come in. Our skilled technicians know exactly how to diagnose and solve the issues your electric water heater is facing. With our 24-hr service and preventative maintenance services, we aim to give you the hot water you need exactly when you need it. Read on to discover more about how we can help you.
Electric Water Heater Repair
When a Scarborough electric water heater breaks, there could be numerous problems at hand. Sometimes, a unit may experience more than one as excess strain on one part can cause another to malfunction.
Let’s take a moment to look over all the working parts within an electric water heater that might need repair:
- Tank: The exterior of your tank is susceptible to corrosion from the hard water in Scarborough. It holds 40 to 60 gallons of water at a time and encounters fifty to one hundred pounds per square inch of pressure at any time. With that in mind, you can understand how easily damage can occur.
- Thermostat: When a thermostat doesn’t work, it can throw your entire water heater off. This one simple repair can restore your unit to its former condition and is not a complicated process.
- Hot Water Outlet Pipe: This pipe is where hot water travels through to reach your home. It can be corroded, clogged, or damaged and may need to be replaced.
- Shut Off Valve: This valve prevents water from entering your tank if it is already full, or if you manually turn it off. If this valve is broken, it will either keep a steady influx of water entering your tank or will prevent it from happening at all.
- Heating Elements: Perhaps one of the most integral parts of your electric hot water tank. A malfunctioning heating element, heat exchanger, or heat pump will prevent your water from getting hot. It can also cause it to become too hot.
- Dip Tube: Fill your tank from the bottom with water which will be heated upon entry. The dip tube can become clogged or damaged with age or hard water build-up.
- Pressure Relief Valve: Relieves pressure from the tank so that it does not build up and cause damage.
- Sacrificial Anode Rod: This is one of the most important parts of your tank. As the name suggests, it’s there to be tarnished and will attract corrosion to reduce the risks of tank damage. The rod needs to be replaced every few years.
When in need of services for an electric water heater, Scarborough homeowners can find the necessary skill and expertise by calling the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. From inspections to maintenance and repairs, we’ll bring the hot water solution to your home with ease.
Electric Water Heater Replacement
Do you have an electric hot water tank that is more than seven years old? Typically, you will get up to twelve years of use out of your electric unit, but if you neglect to perform regular maintenance services, you may not get that long. To find out whether you need a repair or replacement, our experienced team will diagnose the issues the unit is facing and find out exactly how old it is. Depending on the type of water heating issues and age, we may recommend that you replace the entire unit. Sometimes, a few part replacements are all that’s necessary for your heater to work efficiently again.
Scarborough Electric Water Heater Installation
Building a new home? Swapping over from a gas water heater to an electric model? You’ll certainly need our Scarborough electric water heater installation services. During yours, we’ll remove the old unit in your home if you have one before reconfiguring your new electric system. After setting it up and performing a test, we’ll show you exactly how to use it to give you peace of mind when we’re gone. If you need help at any point, we’re always just one call away!
Note: Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Scarborough does not service all types of water heaters. We do not offer services for your natural gas hot water heater or tankless water heater, only electric models. If you’re looking for a tankless water heater installation, we’ll be more than happy to redirect you to a reliable source.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing For Scarborough Electric Water Heater Repair?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing is your top service provider for electric water heater services—and we aren’t just saying that. With decades of experience in the plumbing industry, we’re known for our comprehensive selection of services and 24/7 emergency care. Our team of certified plumbers is highly skilled in their field and approaches every job with respect and dedication. Need more reasons to hire our insured, excellent service technicians? Call our knowledgeable customer care team to find out more about our upfront, flat-rate pricing and Done Right Promise.
FAQ: Electric Water Heater Services
Are There Warning Signs My Electric Water Heater Needs to be Serviced?
There are many different signs your Scarborough electric water heater will show you to tell you it needs attention. They include:
- Running out of hot water quickly
- Decreased water pressure
- Odd noises from your unit
- Discolored water
- Leaks at the base of the unit
- Rising utility bills / lowered energy efficiency
Can I Perform My Own Electric Water Heater Repair?
With so many different parts within an electric water heater, Scarborough residents are better off calling a professional. They may need to assess the electrical wiring, heating elements, and piping, some of which simply aren’t safe for those with little experience. When calling a pro, you’ll get peace of mind knowing your repair is done right and is more energy efficient.
Need Help With Scarborough Electric Water Heater Repair? Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing For Expert Service
Whether you’d like to schedule annual servicing or need emergency help with your electric hot water tanks now, you can rely on the experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Scarborough. We’re proudly serving the GTA, including Agincourt, with the reliable solutions they need for a wide variety of plumbing issues, such as drain cleaning, drain repair, and clogged drain services.
Don’t neglect your electric water heater, Scarborough! Who needs additional bills these days when they could have annual savings? Call us for efficient water heater service today to turn that cold water into warm water fast and lower your energy costs! From calculating your overall energy use to an electric hot water tank installation in Scarborough, we have you covered.