Let Our Plumbers Handle It!
Drains should leave your shower or sink empty and dry in a matter of seconds. When you have a clogged drain, you’ll notice water pooling at the drain and over time, taking longer and longer to disappear. When your drains are first beginning to clog, call an expert plumber to handle the issue for you!
Mr. Rooter® Plumbing is Canada’s most trusted plumber. We’ve been unclogging drains since 1970. When you call, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule and meets your needs as soon as possible. No matter how small your problem may seem, calling a plumber right away will ensure that you save money and time on the issue!
Be sure to call our plumbing technicians at the first signs of a slow drain to prevent a major clog or backup! Give us a call at (855) 591-0128, or request an estimate online.
The Signs of a Clogged Drain
Clogged drains are usually the result of blockages building up of over time—although most homeowners don’t act on the signs of a clogged drain until the clog is completely blocking the pipe and backing up water in your sink, tub or shower.
Here are the early signs of a clogged drain:
- Water returns from drain
- Water pools around drain
- Water drains slowly
- Constantly-running toilet
- Drain makes a gurgling noise
- Puddles of water form near tub
- A rotten smell coming from kitchen drain
How to Clear a Clogged Drain
Here’s how to clear a clogged bathroom, sink, tub or shower drain (before calling an expert):
- Turn the faucet on and fill the sink up partly with hot water.
- If you have a double kitchen sink, plug one of the drains with a wet rag.
- If it’s a bath sink, be sure to plug the overflow hole.
- After that, start to plunge the open drain. (Use a cup plunger which is smaller and made for drains)
- Work the plunger up and down several times, and then pull it off, repeating a few times to force air through the drain pipe.
For clogged toilets, use the toilet plunger of your choice, but we recommend using a flange plunger for best results. Please consider not using chemical drain cleaners, as they can be extremely harsh and cause corrosion inside your pipes.
If the clog is too far gone for DIY solutions, don’t hesitate to call us for help! Dial (855) 591-0128 or schedule an in-home estimate online.
How to Avoid Clogged Drains
Keep your drains free of clogs with these simple tips:
- Never pour grease down your drains.
- Use a drain screen in the shower to catch hair.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly—avoid inserting potato peels, coffee grounds and eggshells.
Unfortunately, pipes can be lined with years of buildup—from rust and hair to grease and minerals. This buildup leads to corrosion that damages your pipes internally. Regular scheduled pipe maintenance performed by Mr. Rooter can save you money in the long run by preventing costly repairs or pipe replacements and help homeowners avoid unwanted and frustrating clogs.
For drain clog service, to get toilets flushing again—or for a preventative maintenance appointment, call Mr. Rooter at (855) 591-0128 or schedule an in-home estimate online.