Clogged Drains? Let Our Plumbers Handle It!
No one likes to deal with a clogged drain, but chances are that you’ll have to at some point.Fortunately, there are ways to overcome this common frustration, some of which you can even do yourself.
If clogged drains are slowing down your daily chores, making showers unpleasant, or otherwise getting in the way, Mr. Rooter Plumbing has the solution. We offer quality services that get results. You can trust us to fix your clogged drains quickly and for a reasonable price.
Want to learn more about how we can help you take care of your drain issues? Read through the following sections to see what we do to handle clogged drains and get a few ideas that can help you handle them on your own.
Find a plumber near you to schedule services online.
Signs of a Clogged Drain
Generally, a clogged drain is obvious. Most of the time, when a drain fails to clear in a typical amount of time, a clog is the culprit. Knowing the signs of a blockage can help you identify one earlier, which can make clearing it easier. Here are some of the more common symptoms of a drain clog:
- Water begins to back up out of a sink drain.
- Pools of water form around shower drains.
- Water drains very slowly after forming pools.
- Toilet water bubbles when you run the sink.
- Drains make gurgling sounds after running the washing machine or dishwasher.
- Pools of water form on the floor close to the bathtub or sink.
- There is a smell of rotting food coming from the kitchen sink area.
- Sewage odours wafting up from one or more drains are a sign of a clogged sewer drain.
How to Clear a Clogged Drain
Not all drain clogs require professional intervention. In fact, many can be cleared with a few common cleaning supplies. Here's how you should try to clear a clogged drain before calling a plumber.
Turn the faucet on until the sink is partly filled with water.
- If you have a clogged double kitchen sink, plug one of the drains with a wet rag.
- If it’s a clogged bathroom sink, be sure to cover the overflow hole.
- After that, start to plunge the open drain with a cup plunger.
- Work the plunger up and down, then pull it off, and repeat the process a few times.
If just one drain is giving you trouble and threatening water overflow, turn off the shutoff valve specific to that fixture before you get help. If you do run into a drain emergency such as a major water leak, we recommend locating and turning off the main shutoff valve in your home.
Unfortunately, neglected pipes can be lined with years of buildup, from rust and hair to grease and harsh minerals. This buildup can cause dangerous corrosion, leaving your pipes damaged. Regular maintenance from the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing can save you serious money in the long run by preventing costly repairs or pipe replacements.
Preventative maintenance helps homeowners avoid unwanted and frustrating clogs. This is the easiest way to keep your home plumbing system happy, healthy, and clog-free. That's why we offer an affordable maintenance plan to ensure your pipes and drains are properly cleaned and maintained year-round.
Do You Have a Plumbing Emergency?
If you’re unfamiliar with plumbing and don’t feel comfortable doing plumbing tasks yourself, be sure to call your local Mr. Rooter Plumbing right away! We are here for all your emergency plumbing and drain concerns.
Tackle drain problems without breaking a sweat! Call (855) 591-0128.