Our technicians will ensure you're fully informed and comfortable with the sewer service selected. If you ever have any questions, our plumbers and office staff are happy to provide you with an answer. We work hard to ensure that the solutions proposed are the best solutions for your Mississauga home’s unique needs. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we take it very seriously. Our Mississauga sewer repair and replacement services all include upfront pricing, so you know exactly what you’re getting into before we even start. We know that an issue with your sewer line can be stressful enough, so we want to make the sewer repair process as simple and easy as possible.
Our team can repair and replace your cracked, warped, deformed, and collapsed sewer lines and pipes efficiently and with as little disruption to your life as possible. Think you might have an issue with a leak? Have you noticed slow-moving drains or green patches in the yard? Time to call an expert plumber from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga, we're experts at sewer line replacement. Mississauga plumbers have helped countless homeowners and businesses fix damaged systems, so their plumbing can return to normal. We employ a combination of our outstanding workmanship, years of experience, and cutting-edge tools and techniques to efficiently repair damaged sewer lines. Among these tools and techniques are trenchless sewer line repair methods designed to fix the problem without destroying your landscaping or flooring.
- Sewer Camera Inspection: By using a small camera attached to a flexible cable, our team is able to spot drainage problems without having to excavate your walls, floors, or landscaping. Rather, we'll use this tool to establish where the trouble area is and come up with the best fix. This tool is able to help determine pipe material and condition and even detect tree root intrusions and other sewer blockages.
- Leak Detection: While the video inspection camera can’t detect leaks, our experienced plumbers will use thermographic imaging and listening devices to locate the sewer leak properly.
- Pipe Relining: This is a widely used trenchless repair method that allows us to create a new pipe from the inside out. Existing pipes are given an internal coating or sleeve to prevent pipe cracks. After a thorough cleaning, the lining is applied to the inside of the pipe and hardens within hours. Pipes are ready to use immediately after installation.
- Pipe Bursting Hydraulic Replacement: This technique is known as a trenchless sewer line replacement. Mississauga plumbers use this method to minimize damage to landscaping. When a pipe is too damaged for relining, a new pipe may be required. This technique involves using hydraulics to further break the existing pipe and replace it with a completely new pipe.
- Traditional Method: When there is no other solution for a trenchless sewer line replacement, Mississauga residents will benefit from the traditional method of excavation. This is most common when the existing pipe is severely damaged or has even collapsed. Plus, older metal lines will eventually need to be replaced.
Preventative Sewer Maintenance: Regular inspections and cleaning can help reduce the need for future Mississauga sewer line replacement services. By removing debris and buildup before it becomes an issue, you can reduce the risk of cracks or damage to your pipes. Talk to our licensed plumbers to determine the sewer inspection, sewer line cleaning or drain cleaning service that is right for your home in Mississauga.
In some cases, your pipes may be too damaged or too old for a repair to be worthwhile. We offer a range of main drain line replacement services. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga can advise you on the various replacement options that would be available for your specific home and budget.
Our goal is to ensure you're satisfied with our services and that your main drain works correctly for years to come. We will never upsell unnecessary services or equipment. Our upfront pricing ensures you know what you’re getting into before we even start. Ask our experts to explain anything you don’t understand or are unclear about. Although we’re focused on plumbing excellence, our primary concern is the safety and comfort of the Mississauga homeowners we work with.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter For Mississauga Sewer Line Replacement?
A cracked drainage system can create a lot of problems for homeowners. Between sewage damage and flooding, these problems can cause long-term damage to your home and major health issues for you and your family. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga, we are available 24/7 for plumbing emergencies. It doesn’t matter what time of the day; our emergency plumber is on standby and available to assess emergency plumbing issues. And that includes handling a sewer line replacement. Mississauga homeowners can depend on us any time; whether you need us in the middle of the night or on holiday, we'll be there with our specialized equipment and ensure that you’re safe. Your plumbing system is in safe hands!
Sewer Line Replacement, Mississauga – Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about our Mississauga sewer line replacement service? Read on to see if we answer them here. Or, if you'd prefer to speak to a person, our customer service representatives are just a phone call away.
What Are The Common Causes of Broken Pipes Underground?
While a variety of issues can damage your drain lines, resulting in the need for repairs or a sewer line replacement. The majority of issues come from a few specific sources:
- Insufficient or improper maintenance
- Natural and gradual buildup caused by household debris (hair, toilet paper, food waste, grease, sludge, oil, etc.)
- Accidental buildup caused by disposing of items down drains and toilets that shouldn't be flushed (household items, diapers, toys, etc.)
- Invasive tree roots infiltrating drain pipe holes/joints
- Seasonal ground freezing and thawing
- Earthquakes caused by natural earth movement
- Ground vibrations from heavy construction nearby
- Gradual wear and tear from aging
- Improper layout, design, or installation
- Unknown sewage backup from Mississauga’s city waste lines
- Issues or breakages from previous plumbing work
We are your Mississauga sewer line replacement experts and can have your system back up and running in no time. Each home is unique, and our experts will be able to assess the needs that are specific to your home and drain line layout. Whether your system has a small crack that can be easily sealed or an entirely new line is required, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga is here to help.
Why Do My Pipes Crack and Shift?
In general, almost any pipe can crack or shift due to extreme inner or outer pressure. However, each common pipe variety can be prone to its own type of damage.
- Cast Iron Pipes: Cast iron pipes are susceptible to corrosion, rust and will eventually break down.
- Clay Pipes: Clay pipes can become brittle, resulting in numerous cracks. Clay pipes are especially vulnerable when installed incorrectly.
- PVC/ABS Plastic Pipes: Plastic pipes can become damaged when the interior water temperature exceeds the temperature guidelines for each material.
Catching a crack early makes all the difference, as a minor repair could prevent a costly repair. The plumbing experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga can evaluate your unique issue and provide repair recommendations, explaining the various options available to you.
What Are the Warning Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe?
It can be tricky to uncover issues with your main drain line—short of sewage leaking out of your plumbing fixtures or into your basement. However, there are a few tell-tale signs of a problem:
- Green or soggy patches in your yard
- A frequently clogged drain
- Multiple fixtures clogged at the same time
- Slow-moving drains
- Foul smells, particularly of sewage
- Backed-up toilets
- Fixtures that back up when you flush the toilet, like the shower or laundry machine
Concerned that a tree root may have infiltrated your lateral pipe? Water in your basement? Have you experienced unusual growth in your yard? These are potential signs of a main drain issue. However, there are a few very distinct signs to watch out for:
- New and unknown gurgling sounds from the toilets or drains
- Changes to the flow of water in your toilets
- Drainage issues in your bathtub, shower, and laundry machine
- Noticeable sewer backup in your major drains (toilet, tub, laundry drain)
- A strong, foul odour in your basement or yard
- Clogged pipes, sinks, and drainage fixtures, resulting in slow drains
If you’ve noticed any of these issues in your home, don’t hesitate! Call a professional plumber today. Leaving a damaged main drain to its own devices can lead to health issues and require extensive repairs.
How Do You Fix a Sewer Line Without Digging It Up?
Trenchless sewer line repair is the umbrella term for techniques that can fix your damaged main drain line without having to dig up the line itself. Until these techniques were invented, homeowners would have a serious headache on their hands if there was a problem with their drainage system. It means that sections of their yard or basement would have to be dug up—resulting in serious property damage and expensive repairs.
These days, pipe relining and pipe bursting are two trenchless methods that avoid such headaches. Instead, they either fix or replace sections of damaged pipe while preserving your landscaping and flooring. The fact that these techniques are comparatively so pain-free is another great reason not to put off sewer repairs or a pipe replacement—along with the slew of problems a damaged sewer can cause in your home.
Who is Responsible for Mississauga Sewer Line Replacement?
Essentially, if the sewer line is damaged on your property, the property owner is responsible for the repair. Whereas if you're a renter, then the property owner or building manager will be responsible for the sewer replacement.
However, if there is an issue with the municipal sewer system, then it's up to the City of Mississauga to handle the problem.
Does My Homeowners Insurance Cover a Sewer Line Replacement or Repairs?
It's best to ask your insurance provider about what is and isn't covered by your policy. Some insurers in Mississauga have specific add-ons for sewer line damage, whereas others will cover issues that were sudden and not preventable. That said, often, a caveat on insurance policies is that any issue that could have been prevented through maintenance and timely repairs won't be covered by homeowners insurance. Thus, you should check with your insurance provider to fully understand your coverage options.
What Are The Mississauga Sewer Line Replacement Costs?
How much it costs to fix a main line largely depends on the nature of the damage. Some jobs are easier to complete than others, take less time to repair, or have less extensive damage to fix. Others can take quite a while to properly repair. Also, there is usually a cost difference between sewer repairs and replacement services. It's hard to judge the cost of your unique repair without learning more information about the problem. That's why it's best to give our friendly team a call. We can provide a better estimate once we know more about the problem at hand.
Need a Trusted Plumber for Sewer Line Replacement, Mississauga? Hire Mr. Rooter!
When you need expert sewer line replacement in Mississauga, trust the pros at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga to get the job done right. Our skillful and hardworking service technicians have helped countless people in and near Mississauga with their plumbing needs, including in Erindale and Port Credit.
To book one of our expert plumbers today or to learn more about our full range of services, we invite you to give us a call.