Waiting to fix clogs and other plumbing problems can result in a plumbing emergency. Even the most minor drainage issues can signify something much worse lurking deep within your sewer line. Our efficient, effective repair service will resolve drainage problems and the underlying causes—potentially preventing a disaster. Our Mississauga drain repair service is among our most important plumbing services. If you're looking for a team of knowledgeable, certified plumbers to return your drains to excellent condition, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga can get the job done!
We use many tools and techniques to clear clogged sinks, fix slow drains, and provide drain cleaning services. Our courteous, skilled plumbers can handle any necessary repairs quickly and efficiently, so you don't have to worry about unfortunate complications in the future. Contact us today to schedule your inspection appointment!
What Our Drain Repair in Mississauga Includes
The exact Mississauga drain repair method varies based on the specific problem you're experiencing. Since a drain issue has so many possible causes, there are also many possible repair methods. Nevertheless, drain repair Mississauga plumbers will usually do the following:
Video Camera Inspection:
During the first step of drain repair, Mississauga plumbers conduct an inspection. Sometimes, a visual inspection may be enough for your Mississauga plumber to determine what's wrong with your pipes and fixtures. In other cases, more advanced inspection tools and techniques may be necessary.
After your initial inspection is complete, your drain specialist will let you know what they think the problem is and which effective method of repair they plan to use. Feel free to ask any questions during the inspection or follow the steps if you need extra clarification.
Professional Drain Cleaning Service with HydroScrub® Jetting:
If your plumbing issue is simply a stubborn clog, then our Mississauga drain cleaning service may be the only step needed to solve your clogged drain problem. However, even if your home needs more complex work to fix extensive damage, it’s still necessary to begin with cleaning.
Hydro jetting is a technique our drain experts use to clear severe blockages inside pipes using hydro jetting equipment. Our HydroScrub® Jetting service uses specialized equipment that propels powerful pressurized water jets through your pipes.
These powerful water jets blast away debris, leaving the pipes’ interior sparkling clean. This method is powerful and effective enough to destroy every common type of blockage in Mississauga—including tree roots!
It's possible for hidden damage and other issues to sit underneath the layers of grime inside pipes. Debris and foreign objects can create obstacles for plumbing professionals attempting to provide repair services. Thus, it's important to clear clogged drains before trying to fix anything else in your pipes.
It is essential that we have a clean pipe to work with before we commence the repair process.
In some cases, you may need to replace pipes, fix connections, or complete other common repairs. If so, be assured that our team has the necessary tools, training, and expertise to complete a wide range of plumbing repairs for you, your home, or your business—peace of mind is within reach!
Drain Repair, Mississauga:
Our team utilizes trenchless repair technology to fix extensive damage and complex problems in buried wastewater lines. Sewer line repair, when opting for the trenchless method, is less invasive than traditional methods, reduces the costs of fixing additional incidental damage, and is much quicker than traditional sewer drain repairs. Mississauga property owners can count on a minimally invasive method that doesn’t involve digging up their property.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing for Professional Services?
Mississauga plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing are trained, and fully insured. We're your local plumbing repair, drain maintenance, and cleaning experts! We've been helping people in Mississauga and nearby areas with their plumbing for many years, and we're dedicated to providing outstanding service to all our community members.
When you choose our team of local plumbers, you know you're getting help from qualified, friendly experts. We always communicate clearly with you during the entire repair process and will answer all your questions. Our first priority is solving your plumbing problems safely and efficiently.
The Benefits of Choosing Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga include:
- 24/7 emergency plumber available for emergency repairs
- No overtime charges or extra fees
- Efficient, reliable service
- Fully licensed and insured experts
- Guaranteed parts and services
- Courteous, tidy plumbing service
- Upfront, honest prices
Frequently Asked Questions About Mississauga Drain Repairs:
What are Warning Signs You Need Mississauga Drain Repair Services:
Your plumbing system will usually make it clear that it needs help. There are several common issues that pipes and fixtures develop in response to a damaged drain. While these may appear to be just another plumbing problem, these concerns could also be signs that you need a drain repair. Mississauga plumbers will ensure you get an effective fix.
It's important to pay attention to how your piping system works and to promptly respond to any new problems or sudden changes—especially if you live in an older Mississauga home. Many of the little inconveniences that property owners assume are harmless issues are obvious signs of something more serious, like blockages deep within your sewer pipes.
Common Signs Include:
- Slow drainage in sinks, showers, and tubs
- Gurgling and other strange noises
- Frequent water backups
- Standing water in sinks, showers, and tubs
- Unpleasant, rotten odours
- Musty smells under your bathroom and kitchen sink
- Rusty discolouration near pipes and fixtures
- Clogs that keep coming back
- Fruit flies appearing near kitchen drain
- Sewage backups
- Multiple issues coinciding across your entire home
What Causes Drain Problems?
How old your drains are has a direct connection to their vulnerability and risk of damage. While many modern pipe materials have relatively long lifespans, they don't last forever. Pipes develop many problems as they age, from loosened connections to cracks and pinhole leaks. These problems should always be inspected and fixed before they get worse. If you live in a home with older pipes, the risk of damage is much higher—especially if you're still using older cast iron pipes, which are vulnerable to rust.
Blockages are some of the most common reasons why homeowners need drain repairs. Mississauga homeowners have to deal with even more sources of clogs than there are causes of damage. Of course, the most problematic materials are fats, oils, and grease, which solidify inside pipes and sewer systems, narrowing the internal volume, increasing pressure, and causing damage over time.
Clogged Drains Are Further Caused By:
- Wet wipes, Paper Towels, and Flushable Wipes: While marketed as flushable, these items can cause blockages in pipes and sewer systems. They do not break down as easily as toilet paper, leading to potential clogs.
- Excessive amounts of Toilet Paper: Although toilet paper is designed to dissolve in water, using excessive amounts at once can overwhelm the plumbing system and contribute to clogs that need toilet augers.
- Coffee Grounds: Coffee grounds may seem harmless but can accumulate in pipes and create blockages. It's better to dispose of them in the trash or use them for composting.
- Eggshells: The thin membrane inside eggshells can wrap around garbage disposals, while the shells themselves can contribute to clogs. It's advisable to discard eggshells in the trash.
- Food Scraps: Solid food particles, especially those that don't break down easily, should be disposed of in the trash or composted rather than washed down the drain.
- Hair: Hair is a common culprit for clogged drains, particularly in bathroom sinks and shower drains. Using drain covers or traps can help capture hair before it causes issues.
- Dental Floss: Dental floss is not biodegradable and can wrap around pipes, combining with other debris and leading to blockages. Dispose of dental floss in the trash.
- Q-tips, Cotton Swabs, and Other Personal Hygiene Products: Items like Q-tips and cotton swabs can accumulate in pipes, contributing to clogs. Proper disposal in the trash is recommended.
- Soap Scum, Natural Minerals, and Other Types of Common Waste: Over time, soap scum and minerals in hard water can build up in pipes, reducing their efficiency. Regular cleaning and maintenance are crucial to prevent such accumulations.
- Fats oils and grease: This includes bacon fat and cooking oils.
Tree Root Intrusion:
Did you know that nearby tree roots will seek out buried pipes that are leaking? They're attracted to the water running through them. When they reach pipe walls they will puncture right through the cracks and continue growing inside your lines. Once there, they gradually fill up the pipe—creating a massive clog. Sewer cleaning and sewer repairs will rectify this issue.
Tree roots are such a common problem that some drain service professionals call themselves rooters. That's where the name Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga comes from! If you suspect that a nearby tree has damaged or broken through your plumbing system, our plumbing experts will root out the problem and fix your pipes; plus, map out a way to stop the roots from coming back.
Other External Causes:
There are many additional sources of damage lingering in the environment around drains in Mississauga. These sources range from cold temperatures that burst pipes during winter to nearby construction projects that result in accidental damage. Even digging or vibrations near your home could cause soil to shift away from your drainage system, reducing its support and causing a collapse.
How Do I Find Out Why You Need Professional Drain Repairs?
Mississauga homeowners who notice the first signs of disruptions in their fixtures should take immediate action. The easiest way to find out what damaged your drains is to call a local, licensed plumber. Professional plumbers—such as the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing—are your best option for any kind of Mississauga plumbing inspection. Our experts have the experience, expertise, and tools, such as our drain camera inspection, to find out what's causing problems in your home and fix them.
When in need of urgent drain repair, Mississauga homeowners can get immediate assistance from our plumbing emergency team.
How Important is Drain Repair?
Mississauga homeowners should treat their damaged fixtures and pipes as top priorities. Most plumbing issues are severe enough that they should be fixed as soon as possible. Even in the best-case scenario, plumbing problems will continue to get worse and worse until they're dealt with. Mississauga drain repair services are essential for avoiding costly repairs and additional complications that result from untreated concerns.
Can You Postpone a Drain Repair in Mississauga?
The longer you wait to fix a damaged drain, the more likely you are to experience costly complications. All plumbing problems continue to get worse over time. If your current issue is a frequently clogged sink or standing water, that could eventually lead to serious sewer blockages.
How Much Does A Drain Repair Cost?
We always provide an upfront estimate before we begin, but it's difficult to provide that estimate without first looking at your plumbing or speaking to you directly about repairs. Every situation is different, so it’s best to get in touch with one of our friendly staff members today to learn more.
How Do You Repair a Drain Pipe?
Most of the time, fixing a pipe means replacing the damaged section. While it's possible to patch pinhole leaks and fix loose connections with something like a plumber's tape or a clamp, these are temporary solutions. You need an effective, permanent fix to get the most protection against future complications.
Effective pipe repairs require a specific set of tools and techniques. If you're an experienced DIY expert, you may have the tools and skills needed for pipe replacement. However, if you haven't got a pipe cutter in your toolbox or you're not confident in your abilities, it will be easier and more cost-effective to call a local plumber.
How Do You Repair a Drain Stopper?
The exact method will vary depending on the type of fixture you're working with. For instance, repairing a sink stopper and a bathtub stopper is slightly different. Generally speaking, you'll need to carefully disassemble the stopper and pop-up assembly, inspect the separate components, and clean or replace them. Then, you'll need to reassemble everything and test the seal correctly.
If you're unfamiliar with terms like clevis and pivot rod, or if you're not sure what to look for while inspecting the stopper’s individual components, we recommend that you contact an experienced plumber for this job.
Can you Repair a Damaged Drain without Resorting to Excavation?
Absolutely! Our skilled team specializes in performing expert drain repairs through trenchless relining services, eliminating the need for extensive digging. Even when dealing with pipes hidden beneath your property near the sewer lateral, our plumbing professionals utilize advanced equipment to pinpoint their location. Employing non-invasive methods, we can access the broken pipe without the hassle of extensive excavation.
We employ a powerful, high-pressure water stream when a persistent blockage is identified and can be easily dislodged. This method effectively flushes out the damaged pipe, removing any debris, residue, and limescale deposits without disrupting the surrounding environment. Our commitment to minimizing invasive techniques ensures efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for your drainage issues.
How can I Safeguard my Drains from Future Issues?
Take a proactive approach by incorporating preventative solutions recommended by our esteemed drainage repair experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing.
Schedule a regular maintenance schedule to keep your drains in optimal condition. Be mindful of what you introduce into your drains, avoiding the disposal of materials that could potentially cause clogged toilets and clogged kitchen sinks. Consider the installation of drain guards or strainers to capture debris before it enters the drainage system, especially for areas with hair-clogged drains, like bathroom drains. Steer clear of harsh chemical drain cleaners, as their use can be detrimental to the health of your underground pipes, and implement measures to manage the growth of tree roots near drain lines.
Ensure proper sloping and grading around your property to facilitate efficient drainage, and be particularly cautious during colder weather to prevent freezing issues. These comprehensive steps collectively contribute to the long-term health of your plumbing system, significantly reducing the risk of encountering drain-related problems. Regularly engaging with our drain specialists ensures that you stay well-informed about the latest and most effective practices for maintaining a trouble-free drainage system.
Where Should I Install a Drain Strainer?
Mesh strainers can be beneficial in various drains and rooms throughout your house or business to prevent debris and clogs. Here are some common areas where using a mesh strainer is advisable:
- Kitchen Drain Pipes: Place a mesh strainer in your kitchen sink drain to catch food particles, grease, and other solids, preventing them from entering the plumbing and causing clogged kitchen drains.
- Bathroom Sink: Install a mesh strainer in the bathroom sink drain to capture hair, soap scum, and other small objects that can lead to clogged bathroom drains. Additionally, hire regular bathroom drain cleaning services.
- Shower and Bathtub Drains: Use mesh strainers in the shower and bathtub drains to catch hair, soap residue, and any other debris that might otherwise accumulate and impede water flow, creating clogged shower drains.
- Laundry Room: Consider placing mesh strainers in the drains of your laundry room, particularly in the washing machine drain. This helps prevent lint, fabric fibers, and other materials from causing blockages.
- Utility Room or Basement Drains: If you have basement floor drains in utility rooms, using mesh strainers can prevent dirt, debris, and larger particles from entering the drainage system.
- Garage Floor Drains: Garages with floor drains may benefit from mesh strainers to prevent the entry of dirt, leaves, and other contaminants.
- Outdoor Drains: If you have outdoor drains in areas like patios or balconies, using mesh strainers can prevent leaves, small twigs, and other outdoor debris from entering the drains. These areas often need regular outdoor drain cleaning services due to being exposed to the elements.
Remember to clean the mesh drain strainers regularly to maintain their effectiveness. While not every drain may require a drain strainer, they are particularly useful in areas with a higher potential for debris accumulation. It also helps prevent the need for any residential or commercial drain cleaning services.
It’s Time to Confront Your Household Drains With A Drain Repair, Mississauga! Mr. Rooter Plumbing Has Your Back!
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga is proud to be your first-choice plumbing company! Our team of expert plumbers proudly provides Mississauga plumbing service to many areas in and near the city, like Port Credit, Fairview, and Erin Mills. Our experienced, friendly team is available to help whenever you need us—even during the holidays!
Call our excellent customer service team to schedule an appointment or learn more about our Mississauga drain repair services! Other popular services include sump pump installation, backwater valve installation or a water line repair. We’ll be happy to handle any of your plumbing needs—including emergency service.