Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga is a locally owned and operated business that brings many years of experience in helping residents maintain healthy pipes. All our plumbers are licensed and insured, providing quality workmanship and customer service. Expect your uniformed service technician to arrive on time and take the necessary safety precautions before getting started to work.
What Is Plumbing Camera Inspection?
Mississauga plumbers have a specific, non-invasive method of examining buried drain pipes, which includes your sewer pipe. The story behind the plumbing camera inspection dates back to the 1970s and 1980s, during which plumbing technicians were exploring the possibilities of trenchless technologies. It began with a rather clumsy tube camera that wasn’t easy to use for a drain inspection. Not only was it difficult to navigate, it barely brought any helpful results.
Throughout the 80s and 90s, skilled technicians continued working on efficient sewer cameras, ensuring they would be reliable and flexible enough to finally deliver results. Eventually, their drain camera wasn't just tilting its head; it could pan and rotate 360 degrees. Lighting and zooming capabilities were also added for better detail capture.
With the modern-day technology you have in mind for plumbing camera inspection, Mississauga plumbers are able to deliver. Although not all sewer cameras have the exact same functionalities, they will still bring you the same results needed to identify any issues, from clogged drains to tree root intrusion.
You probably wonder how the camera accesses a pipe's interior. To examine your sewer lines, we will locate your cleanout (also known as sewer trap), which is a capped pipe directly connected to your main line. If you want to save yourself time and locate it now, check in your basement or outside your home in the front or backyard. This is the ultimate access point for most situations involving plumbing camera inspection. Mississauga plumbers conducting sewer camera inspections will show homeowners on the screen how they spot drainage problems without digging up their property. This non-invasive tool allows us to carefully determine the type of damage and establish the best repair or replacement option.
When Do You Use Plumbing Camera Inspection?
Mississauga plumbers have seen a wide range of plumbing problems in their lives, from small drain issues to sewer backups. You have probably experienced clogged toilets, sinks, or standing water around your floor drain. During a plumbing camera inspection, Mississauga plumbers might also investigate other potential plumbing issues. It's essential to gather every small detail correctly before making suitable plans for repairs. If your plumbing technician only detects a harmless clog and no other damage, they introduce to you the HydroScrub® Jetting that we use for our drain cleaning service.
In the event of damaged sewer lines, where our drain camera inspections detect a cracked or burst plumbing pipe, we will lay out a sewer repair plan using trenchless sewer line repair methods.
What Can A Plumbing Camera Inspection Do?
- Locate underground pipes from the surface with a signal receiver.
- Locate clogs and drain issues.
- Determine sewer line material and age.
- Find foreign objects dropped down drains.
- Evaluate and identify blockages and sewer buildup.
- Help you be proactive in taking preventative measures.
Thanks to the plumbing camera inspection, Mississauga plumbers can rely on the built-in location device to locate pipes from the surface area. The corresponding signal receiver will pinpoint the camera’s location, enabling your skilled technician to mark off any affected areas. In the event of a clog, getting a plumbing camera inspection in Mississauga will help you locate other areas with buildups that would otherwise become worse over time. It’s a safety measure helping us determine the next step, from damage prevention to offering fast repair solutions. When booking a plumbing camera inspection, Mississauga homeowners will get peace of mind that we will help prevent expensive repairs in the future.
Anything Plumbing Camera Inspection Can’t Do?
Even the most advanced technology isn’t perfect. Despite reliable damage detection during an inspection, sewer cameras have a few weaknesses.
If there are difficult obstructions in your lines, it’s not always possible for the camera’s flexible cable to move past them and continue along its path. Any existing blockages may reduce the area that a plumbing camera inspection can effectively highlight. Likewise, any grease buildup or other debris coating your pipe walls could obscure hidden issues that the sewer cameras won’t be able to highlight.
Leaking pipes are another issue plumbing camera inspection can’t detect without supporting equipment, such as thermal imaging or acoustic listening devices. A professional plumber won’t tell you that you have a leak after visual inspections; however, they will share their suspicions with you and use additional tools to get down to the root problem.
Signs You Need Plumbing Camera Inspection in Mississauga ON
When you experience drainage issues in Mississauga, they may start with minor warning signs like a slow drain or a gurgling toilet. If they don't go away despite snaking and old household remedies, including white vinegar and baking soda, you likely have a more serious problem deeper down the drains.
To prevent a plumbing emergency, we urge you to take action now if you notice any of the signs below.
- Slow Draining: If your bath water takes half an hour to drain, remove your built-in stopper and clear any blockages in the drain opening. If the problem persists, you probably have a backup that requires a plumbing camera inspection. Mississauga homeowners will get a detailed diagnosis of any underlying issues.
- Clogged Plumbing Fixtures: Clogged drains are inevitable in every home and often come in the form of a gurgling toilet or sewer gas smells. When your toilets overflow and neither plungers nor augers do the job of unclogging, you’ll need professionals.
- Leaking Sewer Cleanout: If your cleanout is leaking, you likely have a main line clog that needs service from a licensed plumber. When you unscrew the cap, it can release some pressure, but if you’re unfamiliar with pipe repairs, you should wait for your Mississauga plumber and their sewer camera inspection services.
- Sewage Around Floor Drain: This is a clear indication of a sewer line backup. Wastewater that has nowhere to go will force itself back into your secondary lines. Sewage sludge contains harmful bacteria and other chemicals, posing a serious health risk. Our licensed plumbers will efficiently clear this mess before conducting a plumbing camera inspection. Mississauga property owners will learn the exact cause of their situation, along with solutions to quickly restore their pipes’ functions.
- Increased Water Bill: Leaking pipes often go unnoticed until you see a spike in your water bill. A water line leak could lose up to 1,400 gallons of water within 24 hours. Therefore, it’s crucial that you pay attention to changes in water pressure. If you suspect a leak underneath your concrete slab, turn off your shutoff valve and contact your Mississauga plumbers right away. Our plumbing camera inspection and other tools will help locate the leak immediately.
Spotting Damage With Plumbing Camera Inspection
You will find numerous pipe problems in Mississauga, from a leaking pipe to a collapse. When the damage goes unnoticed, it could compromise your safety and your home's structural integrity. Hiring your local Mississauga plumber for an annual inspection could save you a lot of trouble, including a plumbing emergency. Recurring sink clogs or toilet backups are an indication of a larger problem.
When fixtures like toilets are old and not as efficient as they once were, exchanging parts may not help you save energy in the long run. Toilet replacements may be a better choice for preserving your pipes.
Most houses are built on a concrete foundation called a slab. Sewage, water, and electrical lines are usually built into or underneath the slab during construction. When your house experiences soil expansion, the pressure can break your concrete slab, affecting your plumbing lines. Other reasons include faulty installation, high water pressure, and even earthquakes. Signs of slab leaks show in the form of warped subfloors, hot spots, musty smells, and pooling water. With plumbing camera inspection, Mississauga plumbers will locate the damaged area.
The most common cause of corrosion is aging pipes, especially in older Mississauga properties built in the 1930s that used cast iron or galvanized steel. Corrosion will lead to a collapse if not dealt with. Signs of damage will start with leaking pipes and rust in your water. Corroded lines will only deteriorate further, causing more damage in different areas, especially in joint sections. Your water might already be unsafe for consumption. Don’t wait until your sewer line collapses.
Tree Root Infiltration
Connected with the previous point, older pipes made of porous materials attract tree roots as they continually grow toward the water. Eventually, they will break through your old sewer pipe to access that water, causing a wide range of problems. This can be easily detected by a plumbing camera inspection in Mississauga.
Benefits of Plumbing Camera Inspection in Mississauga ON
Having a complete visual reference for underground pipes’ interior is a ground-breaking invention that has saved money and labor and helped preserve our environment. If we go back in time, we'll see that traditional repair methods involved excavation. Digging up concrete creates a lot of mess and pollutes the air around us.
As part of the evolving trenchless methods, drain line and sewer line maintenance has never been easier and more cost-effective for both plumbers and property owners, thanks to plumbing camera inspection. Mississauga residents have benefitted immensely from our pipe inspection cameras because we are able to detect early signs of wear and, overall, get the bigger picture of any underlying issues. For everything from routine maintenance to drain backups, we carry our plumbing camera inspection device on us like our wallets!
- Confidence in your sewer pipe integrity and condition
- Early detection of potentially serious problems
- Non-invasive clog location and damage evaluation for clogged sewer lines
- Easily locating dropped objects and helping retrieve them safely
- Pre-emptive evaluations for renovation projects or property sales
The best way to tackle problems before they spiral out of control is to schedule preventive maintenance with Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s drain cleaning service. This way, we can help you ensure that no backup will disrupt your equilibrium any time soon.
If you ever flush any foreign objects down the toilet, our plumbing camera inspection in Mississauga will find the culprit.
- Excessive amounts of toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Sanitary wipes and wet wipes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Food waste
- Oils, grease
Have A Plumbing Situation That Requires Plumbing Camera Inspection? Mississauga Homeowners Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing!
Whether you are in Dixie, Erindale, Port Credit, or another part of the Mississauga area, you can trust the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga for experienced plumbing inspection and diagnosis services along with effective inspection services, from damage prevention to damage detection.
Call us today to learn more about our popular plumbing services in Mississauga or schedule a convenient appointment time. We would love to show you why we are considered the best choice for plumbing diagnosis and inspection in Mississauga.