When To Call for Professional Mississauga Water Heater Repair Services
If you’re not an expert on hot water heaters, then you may not always know when to approach professionals in Mississauga for help. If you notice any of the following symptoms of trouble with your system, however, it is time to give us a call:
- Your tank is making new noises that it didn’t make before
- You notice that your tank is leaking or has a crack in it
- Your system takes longer to heat the tank than it used to
- Your tank doesn’t supply enough to meet your daily needs
- You notice that the liquid coming out of your faucet has a slimy or metallic taste
- Your unit makes a rumbling noise when you turn it on
- You only have cold water
- Your hot water, on occasion, comes out of your tap with a brown tinge or particles of rust and sediment
- The pressure or volume coming out of your faucets seems restricted
Our Mississauga water heater repair experts will inspect your unit and inform you of whether a repair or replacement is the best course of action.
What Causes the Need for Water Heater Service in Mississauga?
Your system can fail for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes, the damage is reversible, meaning water heater repair is a valid choice, but for more serious damages and conditions, Mississauga water heater replacement is the only option.
Here are the most common causes of water heater repair or replacement in Mississauga:
- Too Small: If your heater is too small for your home, it has to work harder than a unit that is the right size for the job. It’ll work fine for a few months—years even—but eventually, critical components will fail. If your unit is too small, we recommend that you upgrade it to a larger model to prevent failures in the future.
- Aging System: Most previous-generation systems last between eight and 12 years before you need to replace them. Over time, problems inevitably creep in, such as the pilot light not staying on. Water heater repair on an old unit isn’t always an economical option. Even if you sort out one problem, others tend to arise soon after, adding to your maintenance costs.
- Rust on the Inside: Most units look great on the outside, right up to the end of their lives. But the same is not true on the inside. When water comes into contact with internal surfaces, it corrodes them. Manufacturers, therefore, mitigate this problem by installing sacrificial anode rods. Eventually, they’ll wear away, leaving the other surfaces exposed. We help you avoid rust damage in two ways: first, regularly inspect your rods every year and, second, replace them once they wear down.
- Sediment Buildup: Most water that comes from your city’s main isn’t perfectly pure. It contains sediment that slowly sinks to the bottom of the tank and builds up over time. In its early stages, this process is harmless. But over time, it can clog components and reduce efficiency. Eventually, it can cause the unit to fail. If sediment is the problem, our team of repair professionals in Mississauga will flush your unit, removing unwanted deposits in the process.
Is Mississauga Water Heater Repair More Cost-Effective Than Replacement?
Performing repairs for younger units is sometimes the most economical choice for Mississauga homeowners. In these instances, repairs are minor and don’t involve swapping out any of the major parts. If your unit is only a few years old and requires a relatively simple fix with inexpensive components, it still has many years of serviceable life left.
The same, however, is not true of older units in Mississauga. Often, the only viable course of action is a complete replacement. That is because an aging unit will experience more issues sooner rather than later, leading to repeated service calls until you give up and get a replacement. Older units have also lost efficiency, so they are using more fuel and increasing energy costs. If your system is more than about 10 years old and giving you trouble, replacing it is likely the most cost-effective choice in the long run.
If you’re not sure which decision to make, then we can help. Our experts will advise you on the best choice to minimize your overall expenses.
- Common hot water tank repair services in Mississauga include:
- Replacing a malfunctioning thermostat
- Fixing the pilot light or installing a new one
- Repairing the piping leading to and from the unit
- Replacing or repairing the burner
Benefits of Mississauga Water Heater Replacement
While water heater repair may seem preferable to many homeowners, replacement is the only option for some Mississauga houses. But this isn’t necessarily bad news. Swapping out your old unit for a new one offers some big advantages. Homeowners have found that expert water heater replacement brings the following benefits:
- Save Money on Monthly Utility Bills: Old units are notoriously inefficient. They need to draw enormous quantities of energy to deliver adequate heating performance. It is a significant drain on your finances. New units, by contrast, are dramatically more energy efficient. What’s more, customers often find that they make back all the money they spend in the form of lower future bills from their high-efficiency model.
- On-Demand Hot Water with Less Hassle: Old systems weren’t particularly powerful. If you wanted warm water, you had to switch them on well in advance of using them. Newer models, however, don’t have these limitations. High-powered units from us will provide you and your family with hot water whenever you want.
- Fix Problems Elsewhere in Your System: Installations are an excellent opportunity to seek out and fix other problems in your plumbing system. Our experienced plumbers often find other problems that, if left ignored, could have caused major damage. We nip issues in the bud before they lead to leaks, inefficiency, or loss of performance.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga’s Legendary Services
We pride ourselves on offering the best Mississauga water heater repair and replacement services. Here are just some of the reasons our customers love our approach.
Convenient Appointment Times
You never know when your home's unit will break down. For that reason, we offer convenient appointment times, fixing problems sooner rather than later so that you can get back on with your life. With us, you can arrange an appointment with a certified, experienced, and friendly water heater repair professional ready to get the job done.
Water heaters can be expensive pieces of equipment. When they break down, you need to know whether you're better off repairing the one you've got or buying a new unit. This calculation is a lot more complicated than you might think. It is not just a matter of comparing the cost of the repair job to a new unit. You also need to factor in things like future repair costs, efficiency savings, depreciation, and interest payments.
If all that sounds complicated, that’s because it is! But don’t worry: when you come to us, we take care of all the calculations for you. We let you know whether it is more economical to repair or replace so that you can make the best decision for your finances.
All Workmanship and Parts Guaranteed
Not all professional plumbers stand behind their work AND parts, but we do. When it comes to repairing or replacing your system in Mississauga, you can count on us for quality services and workmanship every time.
No Overtime Charges
Some professional plumbers will offer out-of-hours services, but then charge you extra when you decide to use them. Here at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga, that’s not how we like to do business. We’re available 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and will never charge you extra just because you need a callout in the evening or on the weekend. That’s our promise to you.
Licensed and Insured
When a plumber carries out plumbing work in Mississauga, they need to be licensed and insured. If they’re not, they’re putting both themselves and your family at risk.
When you call us, you can rest assured you are getting a licensed plumber who knows what they’re doing and is covered in the event of an accident. Our certified technicians have been offering exceptional plumbing services for decades!
With decades of experience fixing and installing plumbing systems, there’s nothing we don’t know about the industry and the specific needs of homes in Mississauga. We have expert knowledge of the latest technologies, units, and installation standards, all of which ultimately benefit you.
Flat Rate Pricing
Some professional plumbers in Mississauga will charge variable rates, depending on how long water heater installation services or repairs take. We never do that. Instead, we charge a fixed flat rate that never changes, no matter when you need us.
Excellent Customer Service
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga, our primary goal is to provide you with fabulous customer service. That’s why our service professionals maintain clean workspaces, respect your home, and offer flexible scheduling.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hot Water Heater Repair and Replacement in Mississauga
Have questions about water heater repair and replacement, or want to know more about our other Mississauga plumbing repair services? Call us to chat with our knowledgeable customer service staff, or check out our answers to common questions below.
How Long Does a Unit Last Before You Need Water Heater Repair or Replacement?
Your system has a limited lifespan. Most manufacturers design units to last between 10 and 15 years. Beyond that, they become less efficient and begin to fail.
If you have an older water heater in your home, it may be time to consider replacing it. Swapping it out for a new unit can eliminate the need for regular callouts, reduce your energy bills, and enhance the overall efficiency of your plumbing system.
What Are the Options for Water Heaters in Mississauga?
Modern water heaters are not a one-size-fits-all product. With advances in design and technology, they now come in a range of options. We install a variety of units in Mississauga, all offering different performances depending on your needs. Here’s a rundown of the types of units you may want to consider when you need a new water heater.
- Conventional: Traditional tank water heaters store a large volume of liquid in a big tank. A gas burner or electric element then heats it, bringing it up to a predefined temperature. A modern tank water heater has the potential to reduce your operating costs by around seven percent, depending on the age and condition of your current unit.
- Tankless: A tankless water heater operates on an entirely different principle. Here, heating elements warm the water on-demand as it passes through from the mains. A tankless heater is dramatically more efficient than standard tank water heaters because there’s no need to keep the tank hot around the clock. Energy savings can potentially exceed 30% of your current heating costs.
- Solar: A solar water heater can reduce energy consumption by as much as 60% from a standard model. However, in a cold climate such as Canada, it needs to be used in combination with other fuel sources to provide adequate heating all year round.
Choosing between these different types can be a challenge, but with us, it is easy. Our professionals can help you choose, or you can check out the infographic on our site. All our installations are ENERGY STAR-rated models.
Is a Gas Water Heater Dangerous?
It is possible for a natural gas water heater, or any other type of system that is fueled by a gas pipe such as a furnace, to pose more of a hazard than an electric water heater. The gas produces carbon monoxide, a colourless, odorless, tasteless gas that can be harmful or even fatal when inhaled in large quantities. When a unit deteriorates, a small leak can let carbon monoxide seep into your home, instead of being safely vented outside as it normally is.
That's why it is a matter of safety to have a preventive maintenance plan. If you have a professional perform regular maintenance on your system, it gives them the opportunity to spot issues that could degrade into a serious problem and stop it before it can cause harm to your family.
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga Today and Get Peace of Mind
Living with a water heater that’s on the brink of failure isn’t a pleasant experience for any homeowner. If you live in Mississauga and want to get peace of mind, then give our friendly team a call today to arrange an appointment.
Our process is simple. After you book a service, we come to your home, inspect your system, and provide you with all the information needed to make an informed decision and a quote. Depending on the inspection we would recommend repair on minor issues or a replacement if the unit is too old or damaged.
Replacing a unit is usually much more economical than paying for regular repairs. If you’re not sure which option is best for you, we can run through the calculations with you, showing you which option will make you better off. If repairs are not possible, we will always recommend full-scale replacement.
When we arrive at your home, we take special care to respect your property. All our plumbers work quietly and swiftly and clear up any mess at the end of each job.
Remember, we’re ready and available 24/7 for emergency water heater repair or replacement calls in Mississauga. If you have a plumbing emergency and need professional help fast, we're here for you.
With us, you can solve the problem quickly, whether you need a repair or replacement. Call us today to schedule your service. We serve many local communities in Mississauga, from Port Credit to Meadowvale Village.