Mississauga Water Heater Repair and Replacements
Water heaters have a limited lifespan. Most manufacturers design units to last between ten and fifteen years. Beyond that, they become less efficient and begin to fail.
If you have an older water heater in your home, it may be time to consider replacing it. Swapping it out for a new unit can eliminate the need for regular callouts, reduce your energy bills, and enhance the overall efficiency of your plumbing system.
If you think that you might have a problem with your system, get in touch with Mr Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga, ON today. In many cases, we can resolve issues straight away.
If you’re not an expert in hot water heaters, then you don’t always know when to approach professionals for help. If you notice any of the following, however, it might be worth giving us a call:
- Your water tank is making new noises that it didn’t make before
- You notice that your water tank is leaking or has a crack in it
- Your heater takes longer to heat water than it used to
- Your water tank doesn’t supply enough hot water for your daily needs
- You notice that the water coming out of your faucet has a slimy or metallic taste
- Your heater makes a rumbling noise when you turn it on
- You only have cold water
- Your hot water, on occasion, comes out of your tap with a brown tinge
- The volume of water coming out of your faucets seems restricted,
Our Mississauga water heater repair experts will inspect your unit and inform you of whether a repair or water tank replacement is the best course of action.
Water heaters fail for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes, the damage is reversible, meaning water heater repair is a valid choice but for more serious damages and conditions, Mississauga water heater replacement is the only option.
Here's a list of the most common causes:
- It is too small. If your heater is too small for your home, it has to work harder than a unit that is the right size for the job. It’ll work fine for a few months - years even - but eventually, critical components will fail. If your unit is too small, we recommend that you upgrade it to a larger model to prevent failures in the future.
- It is too old. Most previous-generation hot water heaters last between eight and twelve years before you need to replace them. Over time, problems inevitably creep in, such as the pilot light not staying on. Water heater repair on an old unit isn’t always an economical option. Even if you sort out one problem, others tend to arise soon after, adding to your maintenance costs.
- Rust on the inside. Most water heaters look great on the outside, right up to the end of their lives. But the same is not true on the inside. When water comes into contact with internal surfaces, it corrodes them. Boiler manufacturers, therefore, mitigate this problem by installing sacrificial anode rods. Eventually, they’ll wear away, leaving the other surfaces exposed. We help you avoid rust damage in two ways: first, regularly inspecting your rods every year and, second, replace them once they wear down.
- Sediment buildup. Most water that comes from your city’s water main isn’t perfectly pure. It contains sediment that slowly sinks to the bottom of the tank and builds up over time. In its early stages, this process is harmless. But over time, it can clog components and reduce efficiency. Eventually, it can cause the unit to fail. If sediment is the problem, our team of water heater repair professionals in Mississauga will flush your unit, removing unwanted deposits in the process.
While water heater repairs are preferable, water heater replacement is the only option for some Mississauga homeowners. But this isn’t necessarily bad news. Swapping out your old unit for a new one can bring a host of pros. Homeowners have found that Mississauga water heater replacement brought the following benefits:
- Save money on your monthly utility bills. Old water heaters are notoriously inefficient. They need to draw enormous quantities of energy to deliver adequate heating performance. It is a significant drain on your finances. New units, by contrast, are dramatically more energy-efficient. What’s more, customers often find that they make back all the money they spend in the form of lower future bills.
- On-demand hot water with less hassle. Old heaters weren’t particularly powerful. If you wanted hot water, you had to switch them on well in advance of using them. Newer models, however, don’t have these limitations. High-powered units from us will provide you and your family with hot water whenever and wherever you want.
- More economical than repairs. Performing water heater repairs for younger units is most often the economical choice. In these instances, repairs are minor and don’t involve swapping out any of the major parts. The same, however, is not true of older boilers. Often, the only viable course of action is a complete water heater replacement. If you’re not sure which decision to make, then we can help. Our experts will advise you on the best choice to minimize your overall expenses.
- Fix problems elsewhere in your system. Installations are an excellent opportunity to seek out and fix other problems in your plumbing system. Our experienced plumbers often find other problems that, if left ignored, could have caused major problems. We nip issues in the bud before they lead to leaks, inefficiency, or loss of performance.
While water heater replacement can bring benefits, it is sometimes more economical to hire Mississauga water heater repair services. Many young units still have many years of serviceable life in them and only require inexpensive components to fix.
Frequent water tank replacement services in Mississauga include:
- Replacing a malfunctioning thermostat
- Fixing the pilot light or installing a new one
- Repairing the piping leading to and from the unit
- Replacing or repairing the burner
Once we fix these problems, your home's water heater performance issues will cease. The unit will return to standard working order and continue to serve you well for years to come.
Modern water heaters are not a one-size-fits-all product. With advances in design and technology, they now come in a range of options.
Here at Mr Rooter Plumbing of Mississauga, ON, we install a variety of units, all offering different performance depending on your needs. Here’s a rundown of the type of units we offer:
- Conventional. Conventional water heaters store a large volume of water in a big tank. A gas burner or electric element then heats the water, bringing it up to a predefined temperature. Modern conventional heaters can reduce your energy bills by around 7 percent.
- Tankless. Tankless water heaters operate on an entirely different principle. Here, heating elements warm the water on-demand as it passes through from the mains. This method of heating water is dramatically more efficient than conventional water heaters because there’s no need to keep water hot in a tank around-the-clock. Energy savings typically exceed 30 percent.
Choosing between these different types of water heater can be a challenge, but with us, it is easy. Our professionals can help you choose, or you can check out the infographic on our site. All our water heater replacements are ENERGY STAR-rated.
We pride ourselves on offering the best Mississauga water heater repair and replacement services. Here are just some of the reasons our customers love our approach.
You never know when your home's water heater will break down. For that reason, we offer convenient appointment times, fixing problems sooner rather than later so that you can get back on with your life. With us, you can arrange an appointment with a certified, experienced, and friendly water heater repair professional ready to get the job done.
Water heaters can be expensive pieces. When they break down, you need to know whether you're better off repairing the one you've got or buying a new unit. This calculation is a lot more complicated than you might think. It is not just a matter of comparing the cost of the repair job to a new unit. You also need to factor in things like future repair costs, efficiency savings, depreciation, and interest payments.
If all that sounds complicated, that’s because it is! But don’t worry: when you come to us, we take care of all the calculations for you. We let you know whether it is more economical to repair or replace so that you can make the best decision for your finances.
Not all water heater professional plumbers stand behind their work AND parts, but we do. When it comes to repairing or replacing your water heater in Mississauga, you can count on us. With us, you get quality every time.
Some professional plumbers will offer out-of-hours services, but then charge you extra when you decide to use them. Here at Mr. Rooter Plumbing, that’s not how we like to do business. We’re available 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and will never charge you extra, just because you need a callout in the evening or on the weekend. That’s our promise to you.
Whenever anybody carries out water heater plumbing work in Mississauga, they need to be both licensed and insured. If they’re not, they’re putting both themselves and your family at risk.
When you call us, you get professionals who know what they’re doing and are covered in the event of an accident. We’ve been installing water heaters for decades!
With decades of experience fixing and installing water heaters, there’s nothing we don’t know about the industry and the specific needs of homes in Mississauga. We have expert knowledge of the latest technologies, units, and installation standards, all of which ultimately benefit you.
Some professional plumbers in Mississauga will charge variable rates, depending on how long installations and repairs take. We never do that. Instead, we charge a fixed flat rate that never changes no matter when you need us.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, our primary goal is to provide you with fabulous customer service. That’s why we maintain clean workspaces, respect your home, and offer flexible scheduling.
Living with a water heater that’s on the brink of failure isn’t a pleasant experience for any homeowner. If you live in Mississauga and want to get peace of mind, then give our friendly team a call today to arrange an appointment.
Our process is simple. After you book a service, we come to your home, inspect your water heater and provide you with all the information needed to make an informed decision and a quote. Depending on the inspection we would recommend repair on minor issues or a replacement if the unit is too old or damaged.
Replacing a water heater is usually much more economical than paying for regular repairs. If you’re not sure which option is best for you, we can run through the calculations with you, showing you which option will make you better off. If repairs are not possible, we will always recommend full-scale replacement.
When we arrive at your home, we take special care to respect your property. All our plumbers work quietly and swiftly and clear up any mess at the end of each job.
Remember, we’re ready and available 24/7 for emergency water heater repair or replacement calls. If you have a problem with your water heater and need professional help fast, then we can help. With us, you can solve the problem quickly, whether you need a repair or replacement. Call us today at (905) 817-0210 or contact us to schedule your service.