Take some advice from us this Thanksgiving and give your plumbing a break!
- Don't put turkey bones or skin, or potato and onion peels down the disposal. Oils, grease, and fats can stick to your pipes and cause clogs easily.
- Throw leftovers in the trash or compost pile -- everything shouldn't go down the drain!
- Feed things gradually down the drain to prevent overloading the garbage disposal.
- Wipe off greasy pans before washing them. You'll save yourself a clog or two.
- Don't operate the dishwasher if you suspect a problem with the disposal. It discharges into the disposal.
Do your plumbing a favor and click to see the full resolution infographic!