Bath Safety Month
Did you know January is National Bath Safety Month?
If you have young children, the bathroom can be a dangerous place! Keep your kiddos safe by following these tips from your friends at Mr. Rooter Plumbing.
- To prevent accidental burns or scalding, set your hot-water thermostat between 100-125 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Run the cold water first when filling a bath and mix in warmer water to reduce the risk of scalds or burns.
- Place your bath products like shampoo, conditioner, and shaving cream out of the tub and out of reach.
- Use a colorful, cheery non-slip mat or bath decals to prevent accidental slips and falls.
- Put a non-slip bathroom rug by the side of the tub to prevent falls.
- Install toilet and cabinet locks to prevent curious minds from mischief!
- Rinse out all toys thoroughly after each bath and let them air dry. Once a week, run the toys through your dishwasher.