Sharing Valuable Information Goes Both Ways
As you know, we often cover blogs written by our sister company in the UK, Drain Doctor. Just this past month they covered a blog for our site! Thanks Drain Doctor.
They referred to our blog on washing machine hose failure, which is one of the top five causes of water damage in a home.
If you still have rubber hoses connecting your washing machine to its water source you should refer to the following steps to help prevent this happening to you:
Here are the steps to follow when installing new washing machines hoses:
- Purchase stainless steel braided flexible hoses (recommend 5-inch minimum).
- Turn hot and cold water off at the water connection (confirm by turning the washer on to ensure water is off).
- Move the washer away from the wall for access. (Be sure not to damage the floor when moving the washer).
- Have a small bucket handy to catch water remaining in hoses once disconnected.
- Use adjustable pliers to unscrew hot and cold hoses from the wall anticlockwise.
- Remove hoses from the machine in a anticlockwise direction.
- Install stainless steel braided hoses, making sure hose washers are in place before tightening both ends of the hoses in a clockwise direction.
- Turn water on to leak test before moving washer back into position.
- While you are at it, clean behind the washing machine to avoid other potential hazards.
- Return appliances to their original position. And don't forget to check out the Drain Doctor blog at http://draindoctor.wordpress.com/.
Here's wishing you a world class day!