It's that time of year again. There is shopping, cleaning, wrapping, cooking, and attending parties to name just a few. Is there ever enough time?
I know I always wish for two more hours for my Christmas present each year. With so much going on it is hard to keep track of what to do, where to be, when to be there. At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing we have lots of information on our website about how to keep your home running smoothly during this hectic season. But what about other aspects of your holidays? Here are some tips to keep things running smoothly:
- Start shopping early for Christmas dinner grocery items when stores are not likely to have sold out.
- Decide on a budget and stay within it so you don't find in January you overspent. • Aim for the mall during off hours such early mornings or weekday evenings.
- Don't accept all holiday party invitations - leave yourself with plenty of down time.
- Plan your meals in advance so you can do a one stop shop for all the essentials.
- Consider gifts that give back such as donating to your local Ronald McDonald House or sponsoring a family.
- Hire a local cleaning company to get your house prepared - the cost may just be worth the stress relief.
- Look to the Internet for a variety of great gifts that can be wrapped and shipped directly to the recipient.
- Shop with a list and a friend - this always makes the long lines and crowds easier to deal with.
- Tap in to January sales to pick up items for next year - even early gifts for family.
- Relax, have fun, and remember it is about spending quality time with the ones you love.
We at Mr. Rooter want to wish you and your families a happy and safe holidays this year.