Your home, of course, already has sewer lines that were installed when it was first built (or possibly retrofitted later on if it's a very old house), and those lines are meant to last a long time. But long-lasting though they may be, they're not going to keep working perfectly forever, and you'll eventually reach the point where it's necessary to invest in sewer line replacement. North York homeowners often worry that the project is going to involve digging a destructive, time-consuming trench that rips up their lawn and destroys landscaping and hardscaping to reach the section of drain pipe that needs to be replaced. That was the case in the past, but our plumbing experts now use non-invasive, trenchless sewer line replacement methods that eliminate the requirement of digging a trench.
If you need North York sewer line replacement for a wastewater line that has suffered some tree root damage or other issues like cracks or holes, pipe relining may be the best option. Some consider this more of a repair or reinforcement than a complete line replacement because it involves lining the existing, damaged pipe with an epoxy "sewer sleeve" that seals off any gaps or cracks and essentially creates a new line inside your existing pipe. It's a long-lasting solution that is resistant to tree roots and doesn't require a trench.
When the damage is more severe, or we're dealing with an old, deteriorated line that does need a complete sewer line replacement, North York plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing may recommend pipe bursting as the best option. This is also a trenchless technique that only requires two small holes to be dug at either end of the line. We then use hydraulics to break up the remnants of the old line and thread a new line into the space left behind.
Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing for Sewer Line Replacement, in North York
When they call the licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York ON for reliable sewer line replacement, North York property owners can expect prompt, thorough, high-quality service and outstanding results that meet or exceed the highest industry standards. We also offer numerous other plumbing services, including sewer line repair, clogged drain cleaning service, backwater valve installation, hot water tank replacement, and emergency plumbing services. Call us any time of the day or night with a plumbing emergency, and we'll dispatch an experienced plumber to restore your system to normal function.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sewer Line Replacement | North York, ON
What Are the Warning Signs That Sewer Line Replacement is Necessary?
The most painfully obvious sign that trenchless sewer line replacement is in your near future is a major plumbing issue such as a sewer backup. But those types of catastrophes are usually preceded by more subtle warning signs of trouble, such as:
- Bad smells coming from drains
- Slow drainage in bathtubs, showers and sinks
- Strange noises from pipes, such as sucking, bubbling, or grinding
- Low water pressure in certain fixtures
- Lush patches of grass on the lawn
- Sewage odors in the yard or basement
How Long Will a Pipe Last Before My System Needs Sewer Line Replacement?
When it comes to the question of how long your sewer pipes will function before you need sewer line replacement, North York homeowners should keep in mind that it's going to be heavily influenced by factors such as what material they're made of, how much preventative maintenance they get over the years, and other potential problems like tree root intrusion. With regular maintenance, such as drain cleaning, most types should last considerably longer than 50 years. However, there is always the possibility of unexpected damage from internal or external forces that could necessitate an earlier sewer line replacement.
Are Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement Techniques Right for Every Situation?
There are rare situations where trenchless techniques, great as they are, just aren't feasible options, and it is necessary to dig a trench for sewer line replacement. North York properties may suffer from one of two particular problems that make trenchless sewer line replacement impossible:
- Your existing line is so severely damaged and collapsed that there's no cavity in the soil. Trenchless techniques like hydraulic bursting utilize the space underground where the old line was. But if there's no space left, and it's just a wall of dirt and broken pipe, there's nowhere to place the new line, and it is necessary to dig a trench and place the line in the old-fashioned way.
- The reason sewer line replacement is necessary is that the existing line was installed incorrectly and doesn't have enough slope. As everyone knows, water flows downhill. Your buried wastewater lines need to be installed with a certain degree of slope so wastewater keeps moving downhill and into the city sewer. Without the right slope, water will just sit there and eventually cause unpleasant problems like sewer backups. Putting a new line in a space with an inadequate slope won't solve anything, so it's necessary to dig a new trench with the correct slope.
Call Your Local Plumber for Expert Sewer Line Replacement, North York
If you live in North York, Ontario, our skilled plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York ON are at your disposal to provide reliable, experienced plumbing service, whether you need plumbing repair or drain cleaning. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with our trustworthy plumbers.