Our North York Plumbing Repair Services
Our North York plumbers have the experience and expertise to perform many types of plumbing repairs, from minor repairs such as fixing leaking plumbing fixtures to major repairs like trenchless sewer line replacement.
Plumbing Fixtures Repair
Can you hear your bathroom faucet dripping throughout the night? Is there routinely a puddle around the base of your leaking toilet? Or is it your outdoor faucets that are causing issues? No matter what fixture is giving you a hard time, our certified plumbers will have it fixed in a jiffy.
Faucet repairs and toilet repairs are two of the most frequent fixture repair requests we get, but we can also do shower repair and bathtub repair. Though some of our more experienced customers feel comfortable tackling their leaky faucets on their own, toilet repair is another matter entirely. One of the most important things to know about toilet repair is that without professional experience and the right tools, it can be dangerous to do on your own. Our professional plumbers will protect your home from water damage and eliminate leaks by repairing your toilet the right way.
Hot Water Heater Repairs
As professional plumbers, we work a lot with hot water heaters in North York. The two most popular types of water heaters are conventional tank heaters and tankless water heaters. Hot water tanks tend to require more repairs than tankless heaters. Common issues we’re called in to fix include:
- A lack of hot water
- Long heating time for tank heaters
- Leaking tanks
- Strange noises
In addition to our repair plumbing services, we also offer installations. We’ll always try to fix your hot water heater first, but when it’s no longer economically advantageous to do so, we’ll suggest getting a replacement.
Clogged Drain Repair
One of the most common plumbing issues experienced by homeowners in North York is clogged drains. This typically occurs with bathroom plumbing but may also occur in your kitchen drain. Types of plumbing repair in North York for clogged drains centre around dislodging the clog. There are a couple of ways we can do this:
- Removing clog with an auger. Using a powerful mechanized auger, we can quickly remove clogs in your drainpipes or lateral line.
- Removing clog with HydroScrub® Jetting. The most effective way to not only remove clogs but completely clean the inside of your sewer lines is by using HydroScrub® Jetting. This system uses high-pressure water to blast any and all debris out of your lines. Because chemicals aren’t required, it’s also eco-friendly.
- Removing clog manually. When clogs are caused by accidentally dropping and rinsing a foreign object down the drain, we may be able to remove part of the drainpipe to retrieve this item for you. In the image below, you can see a sink trap, also called a P-trap, under one of our customer’s sinks. This bent piece of piping traps odours but can also sometimes catch objects.
If you’re concerned about sewer backups caused not just by clogs, but by heavy rainfall, we can also perform a backwater valve installation and repair for your home.
Sewer Line Repair
Sometimes a plumbing problem with your drainage system isn’t a simple clog, but rather a more serious issue with your sewer lines. You may have a leaky pipe underneath your property that is allowing sewage to seep out beneath your yard. This can attract tree roots, which will then infiltrate cracks and crevices around your pipe.
As these tree roots grow, they’ll clog up your sewer line. As gross as it is to us, raw sewage offers trees an ample source of moisture and nutrients. This plumbing repair in North York will involve using HydroScrub® Jetting to blast away the roots, followed by a trenchless sewer line repair method. We’ll typically use one of two main types of trenchless methods:
- Pipe relining. This technique involves creating a new pipe within the old one. To do this, we’ll measure a felt liner to the size of your sewer line. When it’s time to install it, we’ll dip it in an epoxy resin, which will harden as it cures. Using the pre-existing access points to your line, we’ll insert the liner and blow it up. As it expands, it will stick to the existing pipe and seal any cracks. Once dried, you’ll have a brand-new pipe!
- Pipe bursting. Instead of inserting a flexible felt liner, we’ll use hydraulics to pull a new pipe through your old one. As we go, we’ll burst the old pipe apart so that the new one is left in its place.
What To Expect During Your Plumbing Repairs in North York
No matter what plumbing repair in North York you contact us about, we’ll follow the same general steps to complete your service, from beginning to end. From the moment you first get in touch, you can expect the following order of events:
- Initial assessment. Typically, when you first call us we’ll send someone out to assess your problem. Depending on the urgency of the problem, we’ll try to send someone out right away or schedule an appointment. During this assessment, your certified plumber will conduct a plumbing inspection. This may include a video camera inspection or a number of other tests. Once they’ve diagnosed the issue, they’ll provide you with one or more plumbing repair North York solutions.
- Service appointment. If you decide to go ahead with a plumbing repair in North York, your plumber will either get started immediately or you can book an appointment for a later date at a time that suits you.
- Testing and invoicing. Once your repair is finished, your plumber will explain what they did and show you the results. If you’re satisfied, they’ll leave you with details about invoicing and will thoroughly clean up after themselves before heading on their way.
- Workmanship warranty. We’re sure you’ll be fully satisfied with the work that our professional plumbers do, but if for some reason you’re not, you’re protected by our workmanship and parts guarantee. Simply get in touch with your concerns and we’ll take care of the rest.
The Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York Difference
Trusting plumbing contractors with your plumbing repair in North York may feel like it requires a leap of faith. Other contractors may provide you with quotes on plumbing jobs that end up being much lower than what you pay in the end, or you may find their level of accountability lacking when you approach them about concerns with the quality of work done.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York, we don’t ask you to take a leap of faith. Our certified plumbers will provide you with an upfront, detailed estimate. What you receive for pricing before your service begins is exactly what you’ll pay in the end.
As a well-established plumbing company, we aim to provide our customers with peace of mind above all. We do this by:
- Hiring licensed, insured and customer-focused plumbers with an impressive track record.
- Providing upfront, flat rate pricing and never charging overtime
- Guaranteeing workmanship and parts
No matter what kind of plumbing repair in North York you need, you can guarantee that our uniformed professionals will get the job done right, on time and at a fair, pre-arranged price.
FAQs For Plumbing Repair in North York
Still have questions about plumbing repairs in North York? Below, we’ve outlined some of the most common questions our North York plumbers receive from our curious customers.
How Do I Know If I Have a Plumbing Emergency?
There are two key components of a plumbing emergency:
- Potential for water damage
- Potential for exposure to raw sewage
Both do not need to be present at the same time, but you must have one to qualify for priority plumbing repairs in North York. If you need an emergency plumbing service, our team is available around the clock.
Why Does My Water Taste Funny?
There are a few reasons why your water may have an unfamiliar taste. A skilled plumber can help you determine the cause, one of which may be:
- Pipe material. Corroding copper pipes can produce a bitter taste, while lead pipes add sweetness to your supply. Small levels of copper aren’t dangerous, but lead is a serious concern.
- Water treatment. Chlorine is typically used to disinfect the supply. If you notice a chlorine taste or smell, fill up a pitcher of water and place it in the fridge overnight. The chlorine will naturally dissipate.
Can I Unclog a Drain Myself?
There’s not a single plumbing repair in North York more common than drain clog removal, and in some cases, you don’t need the help of one of our licensed plumbers to clear the clog. There are two recommended clog clearing tools for homeowners: a plunger and a drain snake.
Plungers work well for toilets that are blocked up, while a drain snake can be used to dislodge clogs in your other drains. If the clog is deeper, we recommend calling an expert plumber to get the job done, as we have access to professional grade augers and HydroScrub® Jetting technology.
Avoid putting chemical drain cleaners down your pipes or trying out viral ‘hacks,’ as these tend to do more harm than good. If the blockage is severe, you could even end up with a sewage backup or corroded pipes that then need to be replaced.
How Can I Tell If I Have a Broken Water Line?
In contrast to your sewer lines, your water plumbing pipes are the avenues through which clean water flows into your home. A common indication that there’s something wrong with your water lines is inconsistent water pressure.
Additionally, if you notice your hydro bill skyrocketing, you may have a leak in your supply line. To test this, turn off all your plumbing fixtures. Take note of the number on your water meter every few hours. If the number changes, you have a leak in your water line.
How Can I Tell If I Have a Clogged Sewer Line?
The telltale sign of a clogged sewer line is gurgling or water coming out of your drains. If you flush your toilet or run your washing machine and find that water comes out of a drain somewhere else in your home, you probably have a clog in your main lateral sewer piping. A North York plumber can assist you in finding the location of this clog and take appropriate action.
When Should I Call a North York Plumber?
If you’re unable to remove a clog with a plunger or auger, you’ve recently moved into a new home and are concerned about the health of your plumbing system, or you think you may be at risk of experiencing plumbing emergencies, contact your local Mr. Rooter plumber.
Even simple plumbing tasks can be daunting for homeowners, and if you don’t know what you’re doing, your DIY fix could end up costing you an arm and a leg.
What Are the Different Types of Plumbing Lines on My Property?
There are four main plumbing lines on your property:
- A main, lateral sewer line running from your home to the city’s main line.
- Drain line piping that extends from your drains to your lateral line.
- A main, supply line extending from your water meter to your home.
- Water lines that branch from the supply line to the plumbing fixtures within your home
For Any and All Types of Plumbing Repair in North York, Contact Us Today!
Whether you need a plumbing repair in North York, or you’re interested in services that fall under plumbing installation and maintenance, our expert team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North is here to help. To book your plumbing repair in North York or to get more information, give us a call today and one of our knowledgeable office team members will be happy to assist you.