North York Drain Repair
Imagine this, you come home from a long day at work to find your basement has flooded. You knew something was wrong when you noticed the drain was draining slower than normal. But, instead of recognizing the warning signs, you thought it might fix itself or a chemical cleaner would be sufficient. Drain problems can cause serious damage to your home, so it’s important to know who, and when, to call for drain repair in Woodbridge.
Slow-moving drains, leaks under pipe fixtures, and foul smells are all signs of something serious going on that will most definitely require a Woodbridge plumber. If left untreated, something as simple as a clogged drain can lead to a burst pipe or a flooded basement. Rather than risking coming home to a surprise or waking up to one, having an expert plumber investigate your issue and fix it will save you a headache and expenses down the road.
What to Expect from Drain Repair in Woodbridge
When seeking a licensed plumber, you want to know you are in good hands. You want upfront, consistent pricing that doesn’t add additional charges for after-hours service, because plumbing emergencies don’t often happen during business hours. You should be able to count on plumbing services that will give you peace of mind about your home.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York offers a wide range of custom solutions for any problem or drainage issues. Not only will we fix the Woodbridge drain repair issue at hand, but we can perform preventative maintenance to prevent further sewer drain problems.
Some of the Services You can Expect are:
- Drain Inspections: Most plumbing experts start every service with a thorough analysis of your entire system. This might include a video inspection using specialized cameras and it might involve other methods to test for more serious problems. The goal of this step is to evaluate your sewer lines for potential problems, existing damage, and any other weaknesses. Drain inspections are often the first step in Woodbridge drain repair because identifying the true problem is essential for finding a proper solution.
- Augers: Augers are stronger tools than plungers that are specifically designed for use in the plumbing industry. They're capable of reaching deep inside pipes and removing even the most stubborn clogs. If an auger isn’t able to remove a deep clog, more intensive tools may be used.
- Hydro Jetting: Hydro jet technology uses pressurized water to blast away grime. This equipment is even powerful enough to take care of tree root removal. Its potent power leaves results that are far superior to what other methods accomplish and will prevent future buildup. Depending on the state of your system, this might be the best option for you.
Woodbridge drain repair services can also involve replacing the pipes themselves or fixing pipe joints that are leaking or causing problems. Our experienced plumbers have lots of experience with emergency repairs—and lots of satisfied customers. If you’re curious about what tools your expert plumber will be using, feel free to ask them directly, different scenarios need different fixes and your plumber will know best.
What Causes Woodbridge Drain Problems?
With many different things affecting your drains in different ways, identifying the root cause can be difficult and not always as simple as a flushed toothbrush. That’s why our experts use drain camera inspection to make sure we identify the root cause of any drain issues.
If you have been dealing with a reoccurring clog, you may want to look at what has been going into your drain. Blockages can be caused by particular items (hard blockages) or build-up over time (soft blockages). Certain materials such as fats, oils, and grease are the leading causes of soft blockages as they attract grime and other food substances, eventually forming a clog. A toilet drain is only meant to handle wastewater, human waste, and a moderate amount of toilet paper. Even with exemplary drain monitoring, clogs and slow draining can still arise and require drain cleaning.
- Paper Towels, Tissues, and Wet Wipes—Even “Flushable” Wipes: A toilet is only designed to handle reasonable amounts of toilet paper, water, and waste. Anything else can easily clog the drains with blockages.
- Shifting Earth/Landscaping: As pipes are underground, any changes to the land around them can cause damage. This is something that’s difficult to predict, but we recommend opting for higher quality material for piping if you suspect you’re at high risk for land shifting.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots are attracted to water. Damaged, leaking pipes can attract roots towards them. Eventually, these roots will find their way into the pipe and cause blockages or further damage.
- Fats, Oils, and Grease: These three substances are notorious for causing plumbing problems. They have even been given their own acronym, FOG. Keeping FOG from going down your drain will have the biggest impact on keeping your sewer drain healthy, and free from a blocked drain.
- Dental Floss: Dental floss can have the same effect as hair if flushed down the toilet or drain and should be left in the trash.
- Hair: If you’ve ever used a drain snake in your shower, you know what an impact hair can have on a drain. If left untreated, hair clogs can cause blockages further down pipes and require deep cleaning from a plumber.
- Personal Health Products: Any product that isn’t toilet paper or human waste will cause problems down the road. We recommend putting a trash can next to the toilet to ensure these products don’t end up flushed.
How to Avoid Needing Drain Repair in Woodbridge
Preventing Woodbridge drain repair isn’t always a clear-cut solution. However, taking precautionary steps such as monitoring what goes down your garbage disposal, getting routine maintenance, and ensuring nothing is being flushed down that shouldn’t be can make a big difference.
- Use Drains Properly: What goes down your drain is important. Making sure none of the previously mentioned problematic substances find their way down your drain will mean fewer visits for Woodbridge drain repair.
- Take Care of Your Pipes: Although your sewer pipe system may seem self-sufficient, build-ups can still accumulate and cause problems. That’s why we recommend getting drain cleaning service from qualified professionals annually to remove any food particles or other debris that could be building up. This will make sure your drains are flowing properly and free from clogs or blockages.
- Don’t Ignore the Warning Signs: Believe it or not, you shouldn’t be plunging your toilet multiple times a week. A bathtub that isn’t draining properly also shouldn’t be a regular occurrence in your home. When you notice these warning signs, it’s important to take action before they get worse.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drain Repair in Woodbridge
Knowing what to do in certain plumbing emergencies can be tough. Hopefully, if the issue was serious, you have already called an experienced plumber. If the issue isn’t serious, you may benefit from the answers to frequently asked questions we’ve received.
Do Plumbers Work 24/7?
Not all plumbers are available 24/7. However, at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York, we know plumbing emergencies don’t just happen between regular business hours. That’s why our plumbers are available any time. When disaster strikes, you can count on us to be there for you and your family for your plumbing emergency, no matter what day it is.
What’s the Difference Between Pipe Bursting and Pipe Lining?
If your plumber has identified the issue and is looking at pipe bursting or pipe lining for the Woodbridge drain repair, you may be wondering what the difference is.
Pipe lining is performed by inserting an inflatable tube covered with epoxy into your sewer line. The plumber then inflates the tube to press against the existing pipe. The epoxy will then cure and harden against the original pipe and repair any leaks or cracks in the process. Once hardened, the inflatable tube is removed from the pipes. The installation process only takes a few hours to complete, but the curing process can take up to 24 hours. A properly installed line will remain durable for up to 50 years depending on how frequently it’s used, meaning less Woodbridge drain repair will be needed.
Pipe bursting is a more invasive method that is more time-consuming, but necessary for heavily damaged pipe structures. This method is trenchless as well, meaning less damage to your prized yard. Our technicians perform this process by feeding a cone-shaped bit through your existing sewer line to destroy the damaged pipe using hydraulics, immediately replacing it with a new one at the same time.
How can I Unclog a Drain Without Professional Assistance or a Snake?
Although many solutions and home remedies exist, not all are created equal. We highly recommend having an experienced plumber come to your home to provide a diagnosis before attempting any DIY Woodbridge drain repair. This will save you unnecessary repairs used on fixing mistakes.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: This home remedy classic has been around for ages. While this may have some effect on a small clog, bigger clogs won’t be affected by this volcano-like combination as these ingredients need to be in a sealed space to have an explosive effect.
- Chemical Drain Cleaners: While these may seem to be the best solution for self-drain repair, these toxic chemicals are not only bad for the environment but also for your pipes. The harsh toxins can corrode the inside of your pipes, resulting in expensive repairs. Instead, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York uses enzymatic cleaners that naturally combat grime build-up, and are safe for your pipes and the environment.
- High-Pressure Washer: If you think you have a good idea of where the clog is located, you may be tempted to use a garden hose or pressure washer to try to unclog it. The odds of fixing your drain problems with this method are slim. You have a higher chance of causing damage to your pipes from improper pressure, angle, or directions of water than fixing your drain problem.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York for Drain Repair in Woodbridge?
If you’re looking for a reliable, professional service for fixing plumbing issues, look no further than Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York. Instead of messing around with your plumbing yourself, wasting time and sometimes causing more problems, call one of our experienced plumbers for Woodbridge drain repair that will stand the test of time. Our plumbing experts are pros at using state of the art equipment such as video cameras to perform inspections and diagnostics. We’re capable of performing various types of plumbing services such as drain cleaning, pipe repairs, and emergency pipe bursting.
The team of experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of North York can help with your drain issue. Give us a call at (416) 742-3137 or request an appointment online. Don’t let a problem with your drain interfere with your life any longer!