A Mississauga Tankless Water Heater Repair Service Near You
A tankless water heater also called an immediate, endless flow or on-demand water heater, is energy efficient tankless system that will instantly warm water as it flows through your device. Unlike a traditional unit, they are not able to store any water in the system itself, as they don't have a hot water tank. It only passes through heat exchanger coils instead. They have high thermal conductivity consisting of a choice between copper heat exchangers or stainless steel.
These units can provide a continuous hot water supply from plumbing systems by using heat exchangers that incorporate many lines of parallel plates or tubes. Having a large span of passageways as well as a little inner housing produces a large surface area for a more rapid heat transfer. With so many little components, you know this unit is a big investment and worth the energy savings you gain yearly. But things can still go wrong with it.
Top Reasons You Will Need A Tankless Water Heater Repair Mississauga
Some of the common reasons Mr. Rooter Plumbing receives service calls for this system:
- No hot water in the home
- Error message on the unit indicating a problem
- Customers lose hot water part way through a shower or doing dishes
In an efficient unit, the heat pump houses all the parts to make your on-demand unit work. When it struggles from improper maintenance or overuse, then it may lead to complete system failure. Let's review some of the parts and ways the heat pump could fail.
A buildup of sediment or minerals accumulates and stays inside a system. If your home has iron pipes, it can lead to rust and iron sediment, while areas that with hard water can see scale buildups like calcium and magnesium. Once this happens, it creates a narrow passage for water to flow through and eventually can lead to the system failing.
Some assume that it will give them an endless supply of hot water, but every system has its own capacity. Knowing ahead of time how much output your system can handle will help avoid some areas having hot water and others getting cold showers. And in extreme cases, the whole system shuts down, throws the circuit breaker, and crashes.
Flame failure & Ignition Malfunction:
There is a flame and ignition system inside each unit, and if the flame is not lit or the ignition doesn’t fire, it could lead to the unit not heating the water the way it should or at all.
Air supply blockage:
The unit is having issues combusting air or drawing air inside. This usually happens from objects that are too close to the vent system or if there are rodents, wasp nests, or bird nests inside that can block the ventilation.
Similar to an air supply, the exhaust expels the air out. Checking all vents to ensure they are blockage-free will help the system run smoothly again.
Broken temperature sensor:
The temperature sensor is a signal switch. It tells the system when to turn the gas or electricity supply on or off. If not working, then your water won’t get heated.
It is part of the pilot burning assembly, connecting to a gas control valve. The gadget inside your unit will sense a flame which then sends gas to the burner, heating your water. When it is broken or malfunctioning, it prevents gas from being delivered when heated water is needed.
Damaged flow sensor:
A flow switch is used to distinguish the existence of water, turning on the unit to heat it as it moves through the piping. Whenever hot water is required, a reed sensor inside the unit will activate and initiate the heating cycle process. When the sensor doesn’t work or is broken, the water passing through will not get heated. Instead, pipes will only cycle cold water.
These are the top parts that could malfunction in your system. Relying on the experts at Mr. Rooter will ensure you can get them repaired quickly and efficiently.
Maintenance Can Help You Avoid A Tankless Water Heater Repair Mississauga
Regular maintenance is key to keeping your tankless model running efficiently and effectively. Neglecting it can lead to issues that shorten the lifespan and increase your energy bills. Here are some tips to maximize your system:
- Flushing The System: Removal of mineral build-up through system flushing will remove debris and sediment. When it builds up, it works harder than it needs to and then will increase your energy bills. You should flush the system once a year, which helps with energy efficiency.
- Check the Pressure Valve: The pressure relief valve is an important safety feature preventing excessive pressure. Regular inspections will ensure it is functioning appropriately.
- Water Filter Inspection: If you have a water filter in your system for hard water or other mineral build-ups, inspecting as well as cleaning filters regularly is highly recommended.
- Air filter Inspection & Cleaning: The filter can become clogged with dust or debris, reducing the efficiency of the tankless heater. The filter should be inspected and cleaned once a year.
You may think it is an unnecessary expense to hire a Mississauga plumber, and maintenance isn’t needed. But if you look at the average lifespan of your costly investment, it makes sense. When a system has yearly maintenance, and the appropriate parts are cleaned and kept in top shape, then your tankless water heater can last around 25 years. Without proper cleaning and checkups, it will last only ten years maximum. Rely on Mr. Rooter to do your maintenance, giving you peace of mind that your system is in tip-top shape and running smoothly.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter for your Tankless Water Heater Repair Mississauga Residents?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing has been in the industry for decades, employing experienced and licensed plumbers ready to help with all your plumbing needs. Hiring our team is the best option for your tankless water heater repair, Mississauga residents.
- Skilled & licensed Plumbers: We have a team of highly skilled, experienced technicians that can expertly diagnose and then repair any issues with your system.
- Fast & Reliable Service: We understand that a malfunctioning system can cause a big inconvenience, which is why we offer fast and reliable services. We’ll work quickly to get your system up and running in no time.
- Upfront Pricing: We believe in transparency as well as honesty, offering affordable rates upfront before we begin any work, which means never having to worry about hidden fees on the final bill.
- 24/7 Availability: We offer 24/7 availability for all emergency plumbing service needs, including repairs and replacements. We understand that a tankless water heater repair in Mississauga is an emergency that can happen at any point, which is why we are available to help, day or night.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We stand behind our quality of work and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If at any time you’re not satisfied with our service, we’ll work to make it right.
Hiring Mr. Rooting Plumbing for your tankless water heater repair, Mississauga residents can trust that they are getting quality services from a licensed and professional plumber. Whether you need a repair, maintenance, or installation service, call our customer service team at.
Frequently Ask Questions About Tankless Water Heater Repair: Mississauga
Do I need a professional to perform my tankless water heater repair?
Mississauga homeowners may be tempted to try and do the repair themselves; it’s important to hire a professional and licensed plumber for any repair. Here are some reasons why:
- Safety: Plumbing can be a complex thing requiring specialized knowledge to repair safely. Attempting DIY repairs can put you at risk of injury or even create a safety hazard in your home.
- Experience: Licensed plumbers have years of training as well as experience, helping them be familiar with all types of issues that can arise. They can quickly diagnose the problem, then provide an effective solution.
- Efficiency: A licensed plumber has the tools and expertise to make repairs quickly and efficiently, minimizing downtime or inconvenience to you.
- Long-Term Savings: We can help identify potential issues, making repairs that can extend the lifespan of your system, saving you costly repair fees in the long run.
How long does a Mississauga tankless water heater repair take?
The duration will vary depending on the complexity of the issues. Simple repairs can take a few hours, whereas more complex ones can take several days. Mr. Rooter should be able to provide an estimate for each repair once they have assessed the system. Our technicians will work diligently to complete the repair as fast as possible while ensuring quality workmanship. For emergency repairs, we offer 24/7 availability to ensure you have access to water when you need it.
Rely On Us For Tankless Water Heater Repair Mississauga & See The Professional Difference We Offer!
If you need a professional tankless water heater service, it's important to address any problems as soon as possible to avoid potential negative consequences, such as reduced efficiency, higher energy bills, or complete system failure. While repair times can vary depending on the complexity of the issue, you can trust Mr. Rooter to provide fast, reliable, and efficient repair services.
Whether you live in Mississauga or the surrounding communities of Clarkson, Port Credit, or Lakeview, our skilled and licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing will work diligently to complete your repair as quickly as possible while ensuring quality workmanship. Contact us today at to schedule your service and enjoy reliable hot water again whenever you need it.