Helpful Tips from Our Plumbing Specialists
Many of our clients have questions about hard water and soft water, such as:
- What does it mean to have hard water and what causes it to occur?
- Do I have hard water in my house?
- What problems can hard water cause down the road?
- How can I prevent the damage caused by hard water?
Our plumbing experts aim to provide the answers you need to these questions. If you would like to learn more or schedule a plumbing appointment with our commercial and residential plumbing experts, all you have to do is call our office and we’ll be happy to take care of you. At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing, our customers come first!
What Homeowners Should Know About Hard Water
Hard water is water with a high mineral content caused by dissolved minerals including calcium and magnesium. Many homes throughout North America are affected by hard water.
Signs of hard water include:
- Buildup in pipes, leading to frequent clogs
- Rings in sinks and bathtubs
- Soap residue left in sinks and bathtubs
- Spots left on plates
- Streaks on glass shower doors
- Clothes that don’t get white or have yellowed / dingy hues and soapy residue after washing
- Buildup on water heaters leading to inefficiency and expensive water heating costs
Hard water can even cause skin irritation and / or infection. If you have noticed some or all of these symptoms, you can have your water tested. If your water is tested and found to be hard, speak with your local Mr. Rooter Plumbing plumber about your options. It may be a good idea to consider installing a water softener.
A home water softener exchanges calcium and magnesium deposits present in a water source with sodium. Over time, the softener will need to be maintained in order to ensure that it keeps working smoothly and efficiently and lasts a long time. Our team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing can answer your questions and provide installation and maintenance services. We can also help you learn more about your options for treating hard water.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing for a Free Estimate on Plumbing Services
We offer a broad range of plumbing services for our valued commercial and residential clients. If you have questions about our services, don’t hesitate to call. We’ll be happy to tell you more or to arrange an appointment for you. Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing Canada at (855) 591-0128 today for more information.