Surrey Burst Pipe Repair Service
For many homeowners, “burst pipe” and “plumbing emergency” are one and the same. When this worst-case scenario arises, you need assistance from a reputable Surrey plumber as soon as possible. If you have a burst line, shut off your main supply valve and give us a call immediately at (604) 543-4061 so we can make your Surrey burst pipe repair our priority. We know how stressful needing burst pipe repair can be, so we offer our customers emergency services, upfront pricing and a workmanship and parts guarantee.
If you have the luxury of time on your side, you can also peruse the information below to get more information on our Surrey burst pipe repair service, as well as answers to the most common questions we receive.
What To Expect From Our Surrey Burst Pipe Repair Service
Dealing with busted plumbing lines is never fun, but our expert Surrey plumbers will do their best to make your plumbing repair as quick, efficient and noninvasive as possible. The sooner your broken line is repaired, the more likely it is that extensive water damage can be avoided. Our team of plumbing experts will arrive at your home in a company vehicle with all tools and supplies needed for burst pipe repair in Surrey. The tools and steps involved will depend on where your burst line is located.
Interior Burst Pipe Repair in Surrey
For burst metal pipes inside of your Surrey home, such as copper pipes, there are two main approaches we’ll take:
- Pipe patching: To patch your water line, we’ll use a pipe cutter to remove the damaged piece. A new segment of copper pipe will be cut to size and soldered to your existing line using a propane torch. We’ll also solder new copper fittings onto this line. Depending on the cause of the burst, we may apply foam pipe insulation to your line as well.
- Pipe replacement: Pipe patching can be costly and time-consuming, which is why we will most often simply replace the entire pipe that shows damage. Instead of replacing it with copper, we’ll use PEX (cross-linked polyethylene). This material is highly durable and resistant to temperature fluctuations, making it a leading choice for pipe replacements in Surrey today.
Underground Burst Pipe Repair in Surrey
Sometimes it’s not your interior water lines, but rather underground pipes that rupture. This type of Surrey burst pipe repair is more challenging due to its location, but using the latest plumbing technology, we can avoid digging up your yard. We’ll take the following steps to identify and repair your underground water line:
- Video camera inspection: To locate the leak's source, we’ll use a plumbing diagnostics camera. This device looks similar to a drain snake but has a video camera on its end. By attaching it to a monitor, we’ll be able to see live footage of the inside of your water line and locate the damage's source using a sensor.
- Burst pipe repair: To repair your line, we’ll typically use a trenchless method. Digging trenches can be dangerous and results in additional expenses. To repair your line, we’ll either use pipe relining or bursting. Relining involves inserting a flexible sleeve into the damaged line and then forcing air through it so that it expands into a tubular shape. As it hardens, it seals any damage. The bursting technique is similar, except we’ll use hydraulics to further break up your original damaged pipe and then pull a brand new pipe through your line.
Regardless of the location or best method for your Surrey burst pipe repair, we’ll take the time to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each option with you in advance, as well as pricing—the final decision is always yours. If you need burst pipe repair in Surrey, call us first at (604) 543-4061 and we’ll walk you through the rest of the process not just until your repair is complete, but also in the case that you encounter any issues following your service.
Common Causes of Burst Pipes In Surrey
Ruptured water lines occur unexpectedly in Surrey, but there are usually a few telltale signs that indicate burst pipes are a risk. The main cause of bursting in Surrey is cold weather. When water within lines freezes, the water molecules expand. This creates an immense amount of pressure, and if there is a point of weakness within your line, it will burst to release pressure. Frozen pipes in Surrey typically occur underground, but they can happen in your home’s interior as well, especially if located in an area that is unheated.
Though Surrey doesn’t get the same cold winters that our fellow Canadians to the east experience, freezing temperatures still occur. If it’s cold enough for snow to fall, it’s cold enough for lines to burst and cause major water damage.
Preventing Burst Pipes In The Future
Costly repairs associated with ruptured water lines in Surrey are largely preventable. If you own an older Surrey home, you’re more likely to experience issues due to older plumbing systems, but there are still steps you can take to catch issues before they turn into a full-fledged plumbing emergency.
Insulating your lines can prevent them from freezing during cold weather. There are several different types of insulating material that can be used, so be sure to discuss options with our expert plumbers to determine the right insulation type for your Surrey home’s plumbing system. Unheated basement, attic and garage lines tend to be more susceptible to freezing.
Additionally, regular maintenance and inspections performed by your local Mr. Rooter plumber are recommended for older homes especially. Our video camera inspection service can identify areas where routine maintenance may be needed, as well as identify small cracks before they expand.
We Take The Stress Out Of Burst Pipe Repair In Surrey
Plumbing emergencies are stressful enough without having to worry about whether your plumber knows what they’re doing. Some plumbers will charge you for repeated services without fixing your plumbing problem. A professional plumber from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Surrey BC will provide you with upfront pricing so you know exactly how much you’ll pay. With each and every one of our quality services, you’ll also get a workmanship and parts guarantee so that you can rest assured your problem will be fixed without having to shell out more money.
As a local plumbing company, we’re dedicated to providing residents in Surrey and the surrounding areas with a professional service focused on providing outstanding customer service. We believe that preventative maintenance is key to saving you money, but in the case that you require the services of our emergency plumbers, we’ll be there for your Surrey burst pipe repair as soon as possible.
FAQs About Surrey Burst Pipe Repair
What Should I Do If a Pipe Bursts In My Home?
The worst time to be looking up what to do when you have a burst pipe is when you actually have a ruptured water line. Knowing this information in advance is the best way to avoid water damage:
- Cut off the water supply: To stop water flow through the damaged line, you’ll need to turn off the main water shutoff valve. If a large volume of water has collected in your home near sources of electricity, it’s a good idea to turn off power as well.
- Turn on a faucet: Locate the faucet closest to your shutoff valve and turn it on to drain your lines of water.
- Give us a call: Pick up the phone and dial (604) 543-4061 to get in touch with us. We’ll send someone out right away and walk you through instructions to minimize damage.
- Mop up water: If water has collected, clean it up as best you can right after getting off the phone with us. The longer water is allowed to sit and seep into your floor and walls, the greater the damage will be.
How Do I Turn Off Water When Pipes Burst?
To stop the flow of water, you need to locate your main water shutoff valve. We strongly recommend knowing where to locate this valve at all times so that you’re not stuck searching for it in the middle of a plumbing emergency. There are typically two places you’ll find this valve: next to your water meter or next to your tank.
The valve is usually controlled by a lever that must be moved 90 degrees. When on, the lever will be in line with the pipe. To close it, pull the lever to the right so that it is perpendicular to the pipe.
How Do I Know If My Water Pipes Have Burst?
If you have a ruptured line in your home’s interior, the first sign will usually be the presence of water or water stains on your ceilings and walls. If the water leak is underground, it’s a little more difficult to identify. Common symptoms of a burst underground pipe include:
- Inconsistent water pressure
- Dirty water
- Unexpectedly higher water bills
Who Is Responsible for Burst Pipe Repair: Me Or The City?
You’re generally responsible for a burst pipe repair in Surrey. The city’s main water line runs beneath the streets. Connected to this main line are water lines that extend to each property. Any plumbing problems that occur beyond the main line and past your property’s water meter are your responsibility. If the main line bursts, it won’t just be your home’s water pressure that is affected, but many other residents’ water pressure as well, in which case the city will be responsible for the repairs.
Is Burst Pipe Repair In Surrey Covered By Insurance?
Whether or not you’ll be able to make a claim with your home insurance company after receiving our Surrey burst pipe repair service is largely dependent on your policy. Different insurance policies cover different types of damage and have different deductibles.
That being said, many insurance policies do cover accidental plumbing damage. This means that the rupture must have occurred through no negligence of your own. We encourage you to get in touch with your insurance company to see what you’re covered for and make changes to your policy as needed.
How Long Does Your Surrey Burst Pipe Repair Service Take?
The amount of time our burst pipe repair service will take is dependent on the extent and location of your damage. Once we’ve inspected and diagnosed the problem, we’ll provide you with an expected timeline for the repair. Rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get your repair completed as quickly as possible, but it’s also important that we don’t rush. A rushed job can result in shoddy workmanship that will simply cost you more money down the road.
What Materials Are Used For Burst Pipe Repair?
During our burst pipe repair service, we’ll use a wide range of tools and materials. The exact materials used will vary on a case-by-case basis, but we may use some of the following:
- Plumbing video camera device
- Pipe cutter
- PEX pipes and fittings
- Copper pipes and fittings
- Deburring tool
- Steel wool
- Metal file
- Soldering machine and paste
- Pipe relining system
- Hydraulic pipe bursting system
Think You May Have A Burst Pipe? Call Us Right Away!
The longer you leave a burst line, the greater the damage to your home and yard will be, and the greater the cost of repairs. Even a suspected leaking underground pipe can be costly, as it can result in high water bills. Burst pipe repair in Surrey shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg, nor should it be an issue that continually crops up and requires additional work. We’ll get your burst pipe repair done efficiently and properly the first time.
Inquire about our Surrey burst pipe repair service or other drain repair services by giving us a call at (604) 543-4061. For non-emergencies, you can also request service using our online form. Help us help you with your burst pipe repair today!