Residential Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Sudbury, ON
Fast, Reliable Residential Water Heater Repair & Replacement
If your hot water supply has dwindled or your water pressure keeps dropping, your water heater might be to blame. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sudbury, our service professionals have years of experience offering residential water heater repair and replacement in Sudbury, ON. We can quickly diagnose the problem with your water heater and recommend whether you'd benefit most from repairing or replacing your water heater. If you need emergency water heater repair, call our 24/7 live answering service, or schedule an appointment through our website. You can also request an in-home estimate for the cost of water heater repair.
When to Call Us for Water Heater Repairs
The sooner you call us for professional water heater repairs, the sooner you and your family can go back to using the hot water in your home. If you’ve been noticing these problems with your water pressure, water temperature, or water quality, it might be a sign you need hot water heater repair or water heater replacement:
- You’re not getting enough hot water to meet your family’s needs.
- Your water pressure drops suddenly.
- Your water is discoloured, smells strange, or tastes funny.
- The water coming from the taps is brown or red.
- Your water heater is leaking, or you see signs of water damage nearby, like puddles of water, rusted fixtures, rotted wood, peeling paint or plaster, mold or mildew growth, or a musty smell.
- You can’t keep the pilot light lit.
- Your water bills or water heating costs have suddenly increased for no reason.
- Your water heater is making weird noises.
- It’s been more than a year since you scheduled water heater maintenance.
Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement
In general, a hot water heater can have a lifespan of between 11-20 years if it’s well-maintained. After evaluating your water heater and determining what’s causing your water problems, we can recommend residential water heater repair or replacement. We will only recommend water heater replacement if it is more cost-effective, if it's in the best interests of your family's needs, or if it is safer. We'll consider many different factors when making our recommendation for replacing a water heater:
- The age of the water heater. It might be time to replace it if it's over 15 years old.
- How energy-efficient the water heater is and your average water heating costs.
- The cost and availability of natural gas, electricity, or propane in your area.
- Whether your family has changing hot water needs that aren’t being met.
- Whether you want a water heater that is more eco-friendly or green.
- How well maintained your water heater has been over the years.
- Whether your water heater was installed correctly.
- Where the water heater was installed. Water heaters installed outside or in attics might be exposed to temperature fluctuations or other factors that can influence their lifespan.
Our Water Heater Replacement Options
We can install the following types of water heaters in your home. We would be happy to help you choose the hot water heater that best meets your family's needs and budget:
- Conventional Water Heater - A conventional, or standard water heater has a storage tank that can hold between 30-60 gallons of water, depending on its size. The water is heated with natural gas, propane, electricity, or fuel oil and kept warm in the tank until needed. If you install an energy-efficient water heater, you can reduce your water heating bills by up to 7%.
- Tankless Water Heater - A tankless water heater operates without a tank and provides on-demand hot water. The water is rapidly heated using a heat exchanger powered by natural gas or electricity. If you install a tankless water heater, you can reduce your water heating bills by up to 30%.
- Hybrid Water Heater - A hybrid water heater has a tank but uses an electric heat pump to heat the water. The heat pump transfers warm air from the outside to the inside of the tank to warm the water. If you install a hybrid water heater, you can reduce your water heating bills by up to 60%.
Why Choose Us for Hot Water Heater Repair?
We can quickly determine if you'd benefit more from water heater repair or replacement. We will never recommend a product or service you don't need, and our goal is to save each of our customers time and money. We work quickly and efficiently, so you won't have to go long without hot water. We don't charge overtime fees, and we're upfront about our pricing, so you know exactly what to expect. We also offer in-home estimates for the cost of residential water heater repair and replacement.
Benefits of Replacing a Water Heater
Sometimes, replacing a water heater is more cost-effective than a water heater repair. Here are some of the benefits of installing a new water heater in your home:
- You’ll get more hot water, and faster.
- Your water heater will be more energy efficient. This means you can save on your water heater costs.
- You’ll be less likely to need water heater repairs in the future.
- With proper maintenance, your water heater can last up to 20 years.
- A new water heater might be more eco-friendly.
Call Today for Emergency Water Heater Repair in Sudbury, ON
If you need emergency water heater repair in Sudbury, ON, call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sudbury. We'll send an experienced, courteous service professional to your home to evaluate your water heater. We can help you determine if choosing a residential water heater repair or replacement is more beneficial. To learn more or request a job estimate for water line repairs, call our 24/7 live answering service.