Residential Sewer System Backups in Sudbury, ON
Our Professional Sewer System Backup Services
A sewer system backup isn't a problem you can fix yourself with what's in your toolbox. When you notice sewer system backup signs in or around your home, you need to call for professional sewer system backup repairs. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sudbury, our service professionals have years of experience repairing residential sewer system backups in Sudbury, ON. We can do a quick sewer line inspection to find the source of the problem and then walk you through all your options for sewer system backup service. Our trenchless sewer line repairs make it easy to fix sewer line problems quickly without digging up your yard. Call our 24/7 answering service or request an in-home estimate for the cost of sewer system repairs.
Recognizing Sewer System Backup Signs
- When you recognize sewer system backup signs early enough, you can prevent the problem from becoming worse. If you're not sure if your plumbing problem is that serious or you're not sure what's causing it, it's better to be safe than sorry. Call us today if you notice any of these warning signs of a sewer line problem:
- Dirty, smelly water or raw sewage is backing up into your toilet, sink, tub, or shower.
- Your drains are running very slowly, or more than one drain is clogged at once.
- You have more than one clogged toilet or a clogged toilet and a clogged sink drain.
- You keep finding standing water around your drains or puddles of water on the floor near your plumbing fixtures.
- You have unexplained lush spots in your yard or pools of marshy water with algae growing in them.
- Your drains or pipes are making gurgling noises.
- Using one plumbing fixture affects the behavior of another one; for example, when you run your washing machine, it makes your sink drain bubble up.
- You find signs of water damage in or outside your home: cracks in your walls or foundation, mold and mildew growth, musty odors, rusted metal, pools of water, or peeling paint and plaster.
- Rodents and pests are attracted to your yard.
What Causes a Sewer System Backup?
One of the things we determine when we complete a sewer line inspection is the cause of your sewer system backup. Often, the cause will tell us how to repair the problem. Knowing what causes a sewer system backup may also help you prevent another one from occurring. Here are the most common reasons our customers have sewer system backups:
- A clog due to grease, waste, hair, trash, dirt, rocks, or other debris.
- Tree roots that have intruded on the sewer line, causing breakage or leaks.
- Old or poorly maintained sewer pipes.
- Frequent freezing and thawing of the pipes, causing them to burst.
- Heavy rains, storms, earthquakes, erosion, or sinkholes.
- A backup from the city’s sewer line.
- Heavy traffic overhead or nearby construction.
- Lack of sewer line maintenance or poorly designed or installed sewer lines.
Trenchless Sewer System Backup Services
We offer trenchless sewer system backup services. This means we won't need to dig trenches in your yard and ruin your lawn or landscaping. When you call us for a sewer line inspection, we use a special plumbing video camera inspection system. We thread a small camera through your sewer line and watch live to find the location, cause, and extent of the damage. We can then recommend one or more of these sewer backup repair methods:
- Hydro Jetting and Drain Rooter Service - Hydro jetting services use highly pressurized streams of water that are powerful enough to break apart decades of built-up grease, hair, waste, and sludge lining your sewer pipes. The water breaks the clogs apart and flushes them into the city's sewer system. Drain rooter services can break apart clogs caused by tree roots, dirt, leaves, and rocks. We may combine hydro jetting and drain rooter service if you have a stubborn clog deep in your sewer line.
- Pipe Relining - We can repair breaks, cracks, and holes in your sewer line using our pipe relining method. We will insert a sleeve into the pipe, and when the sleeve hardens and expands, it creates a seal. This fixes damaged pipes and prevent future leaks.
- New Pipe Installation - If pipe relining isn't possible, we can replace all or sections of your sewer line. We use hydraulics to break apart the old pipe and then guide a new pipe in. Our sewer pipes can last up to 100 years with proper maintenance.
Preventing Sewer System Problems
You can often prevent another sewer system problem by being careful about how you treat your plumbing. Only flush toilet paper and waste down the toilet. Don't flush wipes, facial tissues, paper towels, cardboard, condoms, tampons, cigarettes, or other trash down the toilet. You should never rinse large pieces of food down your drain or insoluble substances like oil, fat, grease, or paint. If you have a disposal, don't use it for fruit or vegetable rinds, skins, seeds, or pits; coffee grounds; eggshells; chicken skin; animal fat; or anything else your service professional warns you about. Regular plumbing maintenance can also reduce your risk of serious sewer line and plumbing problems like sewer system backups. Our Advantage Plan makes it easier for customers to schedule ongoing plumbing maintenance like sewer line inspections, drain cleaning, clogged drain repairs, and more.
Call if You Have a Sewer System Backup in Sudbury, ON
If you've noticed warning signs of a sewer system backup in Sudbury, ON, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sudbury. We'll send an experienced, courteous service professional to your home for a sewer line inspection. We can also do an in-home estimate, so you're fully prepared for your sewer backup repair costs. Schedule an appointment today on our website or by calling our 24/7 answering service. Request a job estimate for sewer line and sewer system backup repairs.