Sewer Line Repair & Sewer Line Replacement Signs
Anyone who has never had a sewer line problem might easily miss the warning signs. Read through our list of common signs you need sewer line repair, and then call us if you recognize any. We'll do a video camera inspection of your sewer line to determine the problem, where it is, and how we can fix it. Just watch out for these sewer line repair signs:
- Your water is draining slowly, or you have one or more drains that are backed up.
- There is a gurgling or bubbling noise coming from your pipes.
- Your water bill keeps going up and you don’t know why.
- You keep finding wet spots in your yard.
- A sewer smell is evident inside or outside your home.
- Your yard seems to attract pests.
- The water in your toilet bowl goes up and down from day to day.
- You see signs of water damage near your plumbing fixtures: mold or mildew growth, water stains, peeling paint or plaster, rotten wood, or rusted metal.
- Your toilet drains back up when flushing, running the dishwasher, or using the washing machine.
Sewer Line Repair Causes
When you know what causes sewer line problems, you can prevent them. These are the most common sewer line repair causes we see when we visit customers for sewer line inspections:
- Tree roots that have grown into the sewer line causing breaks, cracks, or clogs.
- Your pipes are damaged, rusty, or corroded due to old age.
- There is a sewer system backup from the city’s sewer line.
- Earthquakes, heavy traffic, construction, sinkholes, or erosion have caused the pipes to move and break.
- Someone has been flushing items down the toilet or rinsing things down the drain that have caused a clogged sewer line.
- The sewer line has repeatedly frozen and thawed, causing pipes to break.
- The sewer line hasn’t been well-maintained or regularly cleaned.
Our Residential Sewer Line Repair Solutions
When you call us for residential sewer line repairs, we’ll first do a plumbing video camera inspection of your sewer line. This allows us to locate the problem and determine what is causing it. We’ll then walk you through your options for sewer line repairs. We use trenchless sewer line repair techniques, so we can get the job done quickly. We won't need to dig up your yard or destroy your lawn. Instead, we'll recommend one of these solutions:
- Hydro Jetting - Our hydro jetting services use pressurized water jets to break apart and flush out sewer line clogs. No matter how deep or stubborn the clog is, we can dissolve it and push it into the city's sewer line. Our hydro jetting technique is so powerful it can get rid of decades worth of built-up sludge from the walls of your pipes.
- Drain Rooter Service - Our drain rooter services use a powerful plumbing auger to travel through the sewer line, breaking apart clogs caused by tree roots, dirt, rocks, and other debris. We usually combine this with hydro jetting.
- Pipe Relining - Once clogs are cleaned from your sewer line, we can repair holes, cracks, and breaks. Our pipe relining process allows us to insert a sleeve into your existing sewer pipes. As the sleeve hardens and expands, it creates a seal. This repairs damaged pipes and prevent future leaks and damage.
- Pipe Replacement - If the pipes are too damaged for pipe relining, we can opt for pipe replacement. We can break apart your damaged pipes with hydraulics and then install a new pipe.
After completing your sewer line repairs, we suggest you sign up for our Advantage Plan. The Advantage Plan makes it easier to keep up with routine plumbing maintenance, like sewer line inspections and drain cleaning services. This will reduce your risk of future sewer line problems.
If You Need Sewer Line Replacement
If sewer line repairs aren't possible, we recommend replacement. We'll only do so if it is the safest, most cost-effective option for your sewer line problems. We won't ever suggest that you pay for a product or service you don't need, but sometimes sewer lines are just too damaged to repair safely. Ultimately, you'd pay more for sewer line repairs than just installing a new sewer line that will last up to 100 years. Our trenchless sewer line replacement method allows us to save you money, time, and stress by using a technique that doesn't require digging, drilling, or demolishing.
Call to Schedule Sewer Line Repair in Sudbury, ON
If you need sewer line repair in Sudbury, ON, call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sudbury. We will send an experienced, trustworthy service professional to your home to do an inspection and discuss your options. Our live answering service is available 24/7, even on weekends and holidays, so you can schedule an appointment quickly and easily. You can also schedule an in-home job estimate.