Septic Tank Installation and Inspection in Kamloops
If your property has a septic system, it is essential to keep your plumbing in working order and follow a maintenance schedule for peak performance and life expectancy. Issues arising from septic malfunctions are not only unpleasant, costly and inconvenient, but can also be damaging to your health. Leaking systems and tanks can allow bacteria to enter your groundwater leading to complications with your family, pets and livestock.
Warning signs to look out for
- Drains running slower
- Sewage backing up into toilets, sinks, bathtubs and other fixtures
- Unpleasant odours forming from an unidentified source
- Unusual lush green grass and vegetation growing over the tank and field
Many issues can contribute to a forming septic problem. Root intrusion can not only penetrate the leeching field, but also the main drainage line from your home leading to the septic tank. The main drainage line should be maintained alongside your septic system to avoid unnecessary backups.
How to help prevent septic problems
- Avoid or reduce usage of anti-bacterial products such as bleach or other disinfectants
- Never flush or drain grease, food, feminine products or other inorganic materials down the line
- Have your septic system cleaned and pumped out every 2-5 years depending on size and usage
- Fix dripping faucets, running toilets as soon as they happen
- Reduce overall water usage
- Don’t plant trees or shrubs with dense rooter structures over or around the septic field, tank or main drainage line
- Use Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s septic treatment to help promote healthy bacteria in between and at time of pumping
Don’t ignore septic problems; call a septic expert at the first sign of a problem. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, we have a team of septic specialists on call 24/7 for emergency service. Never an overtime charge!
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Kamloops offers full septic inspection and installations. If you notice any indication that something may be wrong, it is best to book an appointment with your Mr. Rooter plumbing experts.