Our Reputable Water Heater Repair Service
Sufficient heating shouldn’t be considered an extravagance for your hot water needs, especially in the winter when you simply cannot live without it. If you keep tabs on your unit it should give you many years of service but of course, it’s not indestructible. It will get to a point where it begins to show flaws and malfunction and is no longer operating smoothly.
By calling our professionals for water heater repair, Regina residents can get self-satisfaction knowing that their water heater will always perform reliably and continue to work even throughout the coldest times of the year.
Preferred Options for Water Heater Repair
Ideally, your current water heater should work efficiently for on average 10 to 15 years before it goes kaput. But sometimes, replacing a unit is the more economical option as multiple repairs may be more expensive in the long run. Your best bet is to consider your unit an investment rather than another expense. If you require water heater repair it’s good to reflect and make the best choice based on factors like the type of plumbing system you have, the size of your house in cubic feet, and the local climate in Regina. If you’re debating whether it’s worth getting a repair over a replacement, you can rest easy knowing our team can do an in-depth assessment of your property and even consider your lifestyle so we can make an all-inclusive recommendation for repairs or replacement.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing Of Regina For Water Heater Repair?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Regina is a local, courteous plumbing services provider. Our insightful, friendly team is raring to go to provide you with proactive solutions for plumbing repairs, including water heater repair and replacement.
Advantages of choosing Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Regina for water heater repair include:
- Certified, insured professionals
- Highly trained, skilled plumbers
- Respectful, uninformed, expert technicians
- Convenient and flexible appointments
- Guaranteed workmanship and parts
- Polite, courteous service
FAQ—Regina Water Heater Repair
What are the Red Flags Indicating I Need Water Heater Repair?
If your home is a newly built property rather than being preowned, you most likely can recall when you had your first water heater installed. You can measure the age because its lifespan on average is about 8 to 12 years before it peters out and begins to malfunction and requires repair. With routine maintenance, your unit can prolong its years of use, but regardless it will eventually need repair. There are various reasons why you may need water heater repair in Regina, and homeowners can avoid a crisis if they notice these warning signs early on:
- Oscillating Temperature: If your unit is showcasing hot and cold flashes and is not consistent in giving you moderate temperatures, sediment buildup inside the tank might be the culprit. Other mishaps resulting in random temperatures include the unit's many gadgets from faulty pressure-balancing valves, thermostats, or other parts that require service from a well-equipped plumber.
- Low Water Pressure: Are you experiencing Jekyll and Hyde water pressure during your shower? That is high-pressure water that stops you from getting a bubbly, soapy lather and low-pressure water that fails to scrape the grime off your skin. Surprisingly, if it has nothing to do with a clogged shower head or defective pressure-balancing valve, there may be blockages and buildup inside the tank. In this scenario, it’s best to rely on a local plumber to pinpoint the blockage and rinse it out.
- Running Out of Hot Water Quickly: If it’s more than just you and your partner or a roommate, having more people in the home means that your tank may be too small to amply supply additional hot water for everyone that needs it. Our plumbing expert can make some suggestions on budget-friendly upgrades. However, if this is a one-off instance, it’s good to double-check your tank for residue build-up and schedule an appointment for preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Unstable Pilot Light: A flickering flame is a cause for concern. A pilot light requires an abundant amount of gas to work effectively. If you notice the light is unsteadily burning or goes out completely, you might need a tankless water heater reaper. In some jurisdictions, your utility provider has an emergency hotline where you can request an on-call service technician to come out and ignite the fire properly. Fortunately, this might save you on yet another expense the first couple of times. But eventually, the technician, backlogged by so many other on-call emergencies, will suggest you get a repair. Plus, the wait times for emergency services are ridiculously long and it can be a while until someone shows up.
- Puddles Around the Tank: Most likely there’s a leak somewhere. It may be due to a loose or broken drain valve or temperature-pressure valve, which can be remedied with a repair. But if there’s damage to the bottom or sides of the tank, you’re looking at a tank replacement.
Why is it Necessary to Perform Water Heater Maintenance?
Water heaters contain many different parts that will wear out gradually over time with repeated use, such as valves or the anode rod. Additionally, it’s common for sediment from your water to build up inside the tank, causing more problems over time. This isn’t an appliance you ever want to be left without, and completing routine maintenance will ensure that it keeps running when you need it.
It’s also important to consider the warranty requirements of your water heater, especially if you have recently replaced yours. For many new water heaters, routine maintenance is a warranty requirement, and failing to complete it could leave you holding a bigger bill should you need more serious repairs.
Is the Cost of a Water Heater Repair Worth it?
One general rule of thumb to follow for this type of question is the 50% rule. That is if the repair for the unit costs 50% of what it would cost to replace it, then it’s best to get a brand-new water heater instead of repairing your old one. It’s best to keep in mind how often you get repairs and how old your unit is as well.
Need Water Heater Repair? Regina Can Count On Mr. Rooter Plumbing
Trust our around-the-clock team to get the job done right the first time! If you’re in Regina or another part of the surrounding area, you can rely on the licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Regina for expert plumbing services, ranging from water heater repair to routine drain repair and emergency plumbing services.
Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation appointment to chat with one of our exceptional customer service representatives about what your plumbing system needs to remain in spectacular condition and run effortlessly.