There are many potential sources of leaks in your home’s plumbing system. Pipes, fixtures, and appliances can all leak. Some leaks are small, dripping, and creating puddles. Other leaks may be massive, pouring water into your home. No matter how big a leak is, it can cause serious water damage in your home if it is not repaired immediately. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Red Deer offers leaking pipe repair services in Red Deer, Alberta, and the surrounding areas. If you are having trouble finding the source of a leak, we even have reliable water pipe leak detection services. Learn more about our leaking pipe repair services.
The Signs of a Leaking Faucet
Many homeowners neglect leaking faucets since the water often runs down the sink’s drain. This can be a mistake because leaking or dripping faucets can increase your water usage more than you might realize. Our leaking pipe service team can help you identify, diagnose, and repair leaking faucets. Some of the signs of a leaking faucet include:
- Dripping Faucets – You might not think of a dripping faucet as a leak, but it can certainly waste enough water to increase your monthly water bill. A faucet that drips one drip of water every second will waste approximately 3,000 gallons of water throughout the year.
- Rust or Puddles – When water leaks through joint or connection points on your faucet, you may notice rust, discoloration, and puddles on your fixture, knob, or lever.
- High Water Bills – Leaks near your faucet can be tricky to identify. Often, the first sign is an unexplainable spike in your monthly water bill.
How to Tell When Your Toilet Is Leaking
In the average home, toilets account for approximately a third of the total water consumption. That means that a leaking toilet can be a very serious problem. Leaking toilets can cause rot, water damage, and much more. Luckily, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Red Deer has pipe leak detection services for toilets. Let us help you identify the source of your leaking toilet and provide you with the most effective solutions. Some of the signs that your toilet is leaking include:
- Strange Noises – If you notice gurgling, groaning, or bubbling sounds coming from your toilet (especially when it is flushed), you may leak somewhere in the pipes beneath it.
- Puddles of Water on the Bathroom Floor – Like most leaks, a leaking toilet can cause puddles to develop around the base.
- Uneven Tiles or Flooring – If the seal below your toilet leaks, it can damage the floor or tiling. This will cause the area to warp and become uneven near the toilet.
- Unpleasant Odours – When the drainpipe below the toilet leaks, it can allow wastewater to escape. This often creates an unpleasant sewage odor.
Is Your Water Heater Leaking?
Important appliances like your water heater can leak. Sometimes it will be easy to notice a leaking water heater, such as when there are noticeable puddles surrounding the unit. Other times, the symptoms might be harder to identify. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Red Deer can help you repair or replace a leaking water heater. Contact us if you notice any of the following issues:
- If there are puddles around your water heater
- If you notice uneven flooring or tiling around your unit
- If you hear unusual noises coming from your water heater
- If your supply of hot water is restricted
A Leaking Washing Machine Can Cause Many Problems
A washing machine has various pipes, drains, and connection points. Any of these components are susceptible to leaks. A leaking washing machine can cause various problems, from water damage to improperly cleaned clothes. Let our team of home service professionals help you if you notice any of the following issues:
- Musty or moldy smells near your laundry room
- Puddles of water behind, under, or around your washing machine
- Loose or rusty hose connections
- Cracked or bulging hoses
A Leaking Water Line Can Be Hard to Identify
All the freshwater that enters your home must pass through your water line. So, when your water line leaks, it can affect your entire plumbing system. To make matters worse, most water lines are buried below ground, making it especially tough to identify when they are leaking. There are a few things that may indicate that your water line is leaking, such as:
- A spike in your water bill
- Soggy areas of your lawn
- Rusty or discolored water
- Reduced water pressure
Schedule a Leaking Pipe Repair Appointment Now!
When part of your plumbing system begins to leak, it can be one of the most stressful moments for a homeowner. At the first sign of a leak, call the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Red Deer. We have helped repair countless leaks in Red Deer, Lacombe, and Sylvan Lake. We always offer upfront pricing for repairs. Contact us today to schedule your leaking pipe repair appointment!