A cracked sewer pipe can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare. Damaged sewer lines can result in extensive damage to your property, and cause serious health issues for you and your family. Luckily, Mr. Rooter’s professional technicians are sewer line repair and sewer line replacement experts, ready to handle any type of damage you may be dealing with.
Here are a few of the most common causes of sewer pipe damage:
- Cast iron pipes can rust and break over time, and this corrosion can result in leakage.
- Clay pipes can become brittle and crack in multiple locations as the earth moves around them.
- PVC or ABS plastic pipes are prone to cracking if they are exposed to water temperature outside their rated limits.
- Hair, grease, food, sanitary products, and more can build up in your pipes, causing a clog that puts extra pressure on the pipes.
- A tree root has infiltrated your sewer pipe through tiny holes or pipe joints, causing a crack.
- Frequent ground freezing and thawing can result in cracked or burst sewer pipes.
- Regardless of the material, any pipe can be damaged by either water pressure or outside ground pressure.