Routine maintenance can keep your plumbing system healthy and free from any problems you’ve been having. As drains are used, debris builds up, eventually forming blockages, water back-ups, and other stress-inducing problems. Routine maintenance can remove this build-up, saving you a headache down the road.
Your experienced local Brampton plumber from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Brampton can help you with all your plumbing concerns and emergency repair needs.
How Do You Know If You Need Drain Repair?
Brampton, ON, homeowners who don't see a leaking pipe or a flooded basement might think that no repair services are required. Perhaps one of your drain lines has always been slow at relieving the water. Most people tend to ignore the warning signs and wait until plumbing issues become serious enough that they're forced to deal with them, costing them more and taking longer to deal with. We recommend getting an inspection when these problems begin surfacing so you can deal with them quickly or, at minimum, get peace of mind knowing they aren't serious.
Warning Signs You Need Drain Repair – Brampton ON
- Slow Drainage Or Standing Water: Does your bathroom sink slowly fill when you use it, even when there isn't a plug engaged? Does your kitchen sink take too long to empty when you’re washing dishes? Is there a layer of standing water that forms in your shower whenever you use it? All those little issues are signs that something is restricting the flow inside your pipes, such as a clogged drain.
- Recurring Clogs: The only people who should spend a large amount of time holding a plunger are plumbers. Anybody in Brampton who frequently finds themselves grabbing their plunger should consider if something more serious is at play. If you have a constantly clogged toilet, the culprit is usually a blocked drain line. Drain cleaning will remove the need for constant daily plunging, saving you time and elbow grease. One perk you will receive is a thorough inspection that will ensure your pipes and sewer line are in decent condition. It's the best way to find out if you need drain repair. Brampton, ON, homeowners should schedule an annual inspection and cleaning service to stay on top of their plumbing care.
- Unpleasant Odours: Rotten sewage smells should not be taken lightly. Sewer gas smells are serious signs that foul debris is sitting inside your lines and needs to be removed. Without a thorough inspection and professional cleaning, you won’t know if there is an underlying problem that requires drain repair. Brampton ON property owners will get some peace of mind once a licensed Brampton plumber has run a thorough diagnosis.
- Backups: If your pipes are filled with enough grime, they'll stop wastewater from getting by. Without a clear exit, that waste will return to its source: your home. Backups are a sign that waste can't leave your property and is trapped in sewer pipes. Excess grime causing drain blockages could be the reason why that's happening and should be dealt with before it becomes a plumbing emergency.
- Gurgling Noise: Toilets and sinks are not supposed to gurgle. Gurgling is caused by trapped air bubbles escaping out of your fixtures. Those air bubbles could come from a sewer clog, or they could come from damage in a buried sewer line. Not only are gurgling noises a sign of serious drainpipe problems, but they also often indicate that your plumbing vent is blocked as well. Before ruling out a drain repair, Brampton ON homeowners should get a professional to investigate the gurgles in greater detail.
- Flies: If food waste lodged in your pipes starts rotting, flies will find it. Decaying debris is a perfect home for insects. Pests flying around sinks are a sign of excess natural debris in a grease trap, p-trap, and associated waste lines. These lines need to be cleared out ASAP by a professional to avoid them worsening.
- Wet Lawn: If you notice wet patches on your lawn, you likely have a serious leak that requires professional sewer line repair. In the event of drain repair, sewer pipes are the most feared as they could cause contamination and costly repairs if not addressed immediately.
Drain Repair in Brampton ON
Once we have discovered the underlying problem, we will outline a list of trusted repair options for you. Our plumbing professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Brampton ON are knowledgeable and experienced and always offer the best and most cost-effective solutions with long-term benefits.
For basic damage or blockages, you may only need minor repairs or cleaning services, but severe damages will require trenchless drain repair services, which may also involve replacements.
Trenchless Sewer Line Repair
This is a method of installing, repairing, or replacing sewer lines without the need for excavation on a property to access affected pipes. There are two popular types of trenchless technology that professional plumbers frequently use to complete drain repairs, Brampton ON residents may have heard about:
- Pipe Lining: Also known as cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) technology, this is a non-invasive underground piping method used for rehabilitating damaged sewer lines by inserting an epoxy-soaked lining into an existing system.
- Pipe Bursting: This uses hydraulic power to direct a new pipe into place while bursting the existing one apart.
Drain Cleaning Services
Different scenarios may require different tools and techniques. That’s why we provide a diagnosis followed by an upfront estimate to let you know exactly what our recommendations are. This will ensure you get the best solution for your plumbing problem. As a preventative measure, drain cleaning is the key to avoiding unexpected future repairs. With our expert Brampton plumbers, we have inspections, cleaning, and repairs under control.
- Sewer Camera Inspection: Rather than guess what we think the problem could be, we prefer to see it for ourselves through a non-invasive, flexible plumbing camera. This way, we can identify the severity of the problem and the build-up of debris and see if any other factors are impacting the lines or are problems building up for the future.
- Plungers, Augers, and Sewer Snakes: These valuable tools make quick work of a blockage when wielded by an experienced plumber. One or multiple tools can be used to deal with a clogged drain.
- HydroScrub® Jetting: The end-all for blasting blockages, this device uses high water pressure and a focused nozzle to blast apart soft blockages and clear slime and debris from the sewer line. Even tree roots stand no chance against the power of HydroScrub® Jetting.
- Enzymatic Drain Cleaners: Most Brampton plumbers advise against using chemical drain cleaners. These toxic chemicals can erode your pipe from the inside out over time, leading to bigger problems down the line. Enzymatic products are a natural alternative to chemical liquid cleaners to dissolve grime and build-up in your system. These products use natural bacteria that feed on waste and are much safer for the environment and your plumbing system.
Benefits of Drain Cleaning Services in Brampton ON
Not everyone takes pre-emptive action for their drains. Many people wait until something serious happens, which forces them to call a Brampton plumber for repair services. In reality, there are many benefits to addressing warning signs early or even getting an annual cleaning without having warning signs. Wouldn’t you rather have peace of mind about your plumbing system instead of waiting for something bad to happen?
- Fewer Blockages: If every time you flush the toilet makes you pause in case you have to rush to move your bath mat, professional service from a Brampton plumber will absolutely restore your quality of life—and peace of mind—by reducing the number of blockages in your pipes.
- Professional Inspection: The expert Brampton plumbers that provide drain cleaning services also have a wealth of experience and expertise that helps them find subtle issues you may miss that could resurface later on. Those professional inspections aren't just great for solving drainage issues. They're also excellent for finding other potential problems—and providing effective repair solutions before they get worse.
- Odor Elimination: Rotten, foul, sewage-smelling odors are a common problem with many blocked pipes within Brampton. A professional cleaning service will eliminate those unpleasant smells from your home so that you don’t have to worry about making sure you have an air freshener in your kitchen when guests come over.
- Improved protection: Routine services from a certified Brampton plumber can increase your level of protection against future plumbing repairs. Want to prevent drain repair? Brampton ON homeowners can rely on us to fix any blockages in their sewer pipe and drain lines. Preventative maintenance will reduce the chance of a leak or burst pipe affecting your home. Getting a professional opinion about the condition of your system will help you make decisions to avoid costly complications in the future.
- Longer Lasting Pipes: Not only does early drain repair reduce any blockages and buildup, helping short-term plumbing, but it also improves the total lifespan of your pipes by removing harmful buildup and resulting in less blockage in your system and lower risks of complications, thus naturally reducing your chances of needing an early replacement for sections of damaged, worn plumbing lines.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Brampton?
We’re the number one choice for drain repair in Brampton for a reason. Our locally owned company has had years of experience cleaning drain lines and solving plumbing emergencies in Brampton. This experience has made us experts at our craft and helps us to solve your plumbing needs as quickly and efficiently as possible, saving you money and problems later on. When you need a drain cleaning service or an emergency service for your plumbing issue, give us a call for a licensed plumber who can provide drain inspection and diagnose and solve the problem.
With our services, you’ll get:
- Upfront, transparent prices based on our fixed rate
- An answer to any question you may have as well as suggestions for future plumbing matters
- Courteous, friendly professional service technicians
- Fully insured, bonded, and licensed plumbers
- Convenient appointments that are schedulable online or via phone whenever
- Safe, worry-free plumbing service with a parts and workmanship guarantee
- 24/7 Emergency plumbing services with no extra charge outside of business hours or holidays.
Drain Repair Brampton ON – Frequently Asked Questions
To help serve you better, here is a list of common questions we receive about drain repair, Brampton ON.
How Often Should You Get a Professional Drain Inspection, Cleaning, and Repair in Brampton?
The average homeowner should schedule an appointment to clear their waste lines approximately every 18-22 months. It’s important to keep in mind that some households will need it more frequently than others based on their drain habits and cleaning habits. Older pipes can also have an impact and result in needing more frequent servicing. If you frequently use harmful chemical cleaners, it might be a good idea to look at your overall pipe health to check for internal erosion. Your Brampton plumber can also provide a recommendation for how often they recommend service for your particular house, given its plumbing system condition.
What Causes Blockages?
Blockages can be caused by all sorts of things. The only things that are meant to go down drains are wastewater, human waste, and toilet paper. Even toilet paper in excess can be detrimental to your pipes. It’s important to be aware of what finds its way into your drain pipe and what should never be flushed down the drain.
- Food scraps, especially stuff such as eggshells and coffee grounds can turn into a sand-like substance, causing problems for your kitchen drains.
- Tissues, paper towels, "flushable" wipes, newspaper, and excessive toilet paper.
- Small items accidentally dropped down your sink or flushed down your toilets, such as small toys, bottle caps, razor blades, and fabric items such as napkins.
- Feminine hygiene products that were flushed down the toilet.
- Heavy rains can cause soil to shift, damaging buried sewer lines.
- Vibrations from earth tremors or heavy construction nearby cause shifting soil.
- Tree roots constricting the pipes
If none of the above culprits apply to you, it may be worth having a professional investigate the issue and see why your drain clogs keep reoccurring.
Do Home Remedies Like Vinegar and Baking Soda, Dish Soap, or Soda Help Clearing Clogs?
Some DIY experts swear by dish soap for greasy clogs because of the effects that soap has on kitchen grease. While it may have some temporary effect, it won't remove the blockage or solve the problem; instead, it will just delay it. Unlike dish soap, baking soda, and vinegar concoctions will most likely achieve zero results. Despite them working in an enclosed space, your pipes are spread out and the combination will dissipate quickly with no benefit. Soda will most likely just add to the blockage with its sticky liquid.
Can I Clean and Repair It Myself?
While anyone is capable of cleaning their own drain lines in Brampton, this isn’t something we typically recommend. Depending on your experience level, you could potentially damage your pipes or cause other plumbing problems, adding to the existing problem and leading to costly repairs. Unless you’re a Brampton plumber yourself, we recommend seeking professional assistance. A local Brampton plumber can also provide a more thorough cleaning compared to any DIY methods mentioned in the above question. Professional repairs are best left to the pros.
Do You Need Drain Repair in Brampton?
Skip the "drain repair near me" search because Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Brampton is here to solve all your plumbing issues. Book now to get a diagnostic and upfront estimate on your plumbing problem. Our professional team of plumbing experts is dedicated to customer satisfaction and giving you the best possible experience.
Give us a call to chat with our friendly customer service representatives about drain services or learn more about our expert team of plumbers.