Important Information About Sewer Line Damage
Your sewer lines are located deep in the ground, but their subterranean placement doesn’t safeguard them against damage from a wide array of sources. Shifts in the soil and tree root intrusion are just a couple of examples of the many threats that can damage your sewer line. When your sewer line sustains any kind of damage, this issue can affect your home’s entire plumbing system. Your sinks, toilets, showers, bathtubs, and drains can all suffer disruption. Below are some common causes that can damage your sewer line:
- Insufficient maintenance
- Age-related wear and tear
- Your city’s main sewer line backing up
- Tree roots growing into your sewer line’s joints or cracks
- Incorrect installation, design, or layout of your sewer line
- Waste materials like toilet paper, grease, sludge, hair, and debris causing clogs
- Ground hardening because of sudden freezing (Canada is no stranger to this issue)
- Nearby construction activity, earthquakes, and shifting soil
Signs Your Sewer Line Is Broken or Damaged
When your home sewage line sustains any damage, your home’s entire plumbing system can have issues. Catching and resolving sewer line issues as early as possible is crucial. We can typically repair a minor problem quickly and conclusively. However, failing to address a small issue lets it worsen and become a significant issue that calls for Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Fort McMurray to perform a residential sewer line replacement. Our residential sewer line replacement costs are competitive and will save your home’s plumbing system. However, a sewer line replacement is always more costly than getting repairs when your sewer line shows any signs of damage. Simple repairs can save you a significant amount of money. You should be aware of a damaged sewer line’s early warning signs to respond promptly and schedule an appointment with our service professionals. We’ve listed several signs for you to spot indicating your sewer line doesn’t work properly:
- Flooding in your lawn, even during dry weather
- Sewage flowing back through your drains
- Less water in your toilets than they normally have
- Bathtubs, showers, or sinks with slow-flowing drains
- A sewage odor around your yard or by drains, especially in your basement
- Noticeably greener grass growing close to the sewage line found between the closest public sewer main line and your home
Solutions for Damaged Sewer Lines
When your sewer line has cracks or damage of any kind, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Fort McMurray can repair or replace it using one of several industry methods. Many contemporary replacement methods aren’t as invasive as past techniques. A prime example of a modern option is running a new sewer line without digging trenches. Sometimes, we only need to hydro jet and clean a clogged sewer line. In other cases, our team may need to burst and replace a severely damaged sewer line. Below are examples of some methods service professionals use to repair and replace residential sewer lines:
- Pipe Relining – Sewer line relining is like a replacement, but we use your existing pipe in this process to guide and structurally support this solution. We can seal all leaky joints and cracks by sliding a sleeve through your pipe. This special sleeve hardens in just a few hours and will be ready to use shortly after we apply it.
- Preventive Maintenance – Regularly scheduled sewer line maintenance lets us prevent burst pipes, cracks, and clogs. Our service professionals thoroughly inspect your system and take care of any cleaning needed, ensuring you don’t develop obstructions in your sewer line.
- Hydraulic Pipe Bursting – We replace pipes without destroying your yard with this cutting-edge, trenchless method. We make way for a new sewer line by driving a hydraulic pipe bursting device through your current one and then inserting it into the same location.
Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement
We can repair minor clogs and cracks with all our services at competitive costs. If repairs won’t suffice to resolve your sewer line damage, our team will guide you through our residential sewer line replacement process and replace your sewer line with quick and conclusive work. We use some of the latest methods that let us perform your sewer line replacement without digging any trenches or tearing up your property. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Fort McMurray’s service professionals have carried out countless residential sewer line replacements using this trenchless method.
Schedule Residential Sewer Line Repair Today
The average homeowner should never try to perform this challenging project by themselves. Fortunately, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Fort McMurray can help you with our impressive expertise in sewer line solutions. We have years of experience performing residential sewer line repairs for Fort McMurray, AB homeowners. Over our time of service, we have developed a reputation with residents for our upfront pricing, friendliness, and reliability. Don’t wait to schedule essential sewer line services. Our live representatives are available 24/7 to take your call and schedule your request. They can make a service appointment right away, and our team will visit your home as soon as possible. Schedule a residential sewer line repair or replacement appointment today to restore your home’s plumbing system.