Signs of a blockage start slowly. Your kitchen sink might take a little longer than usual to empty, or you might notice a rotting smell coming out of your garburator. Clogs can sneak up on you if you’re not on top of cleaning your drains. If left alone, build-up in your pipes can back up significantly and require serious repairs.
Many companies use toxic, corrosive chemical drain cleaners to erase build-up in plumbing systems. These methods are bad for pipes, your family, and the environment. Instead, at Mr. Rooter, we believe in cleaning drains holistically. We use the most advanced technology to give drain pipes the deepest clean possible. Our team uses a combination of:
- Our cutting-edge HydroScrub® jetting technology, which shoots high-pressure water through your pipes to blast away debris
- Enzymatic Drain Care™, which contains organic, environmentally friendly bacteria that scrub any remaining residue from your pipes
When used together for drain cleaning, Burnaby homeowners can rest assured that our services will return your plumbing to peak performance, without introducing harmful chemical-based drain cleaners to your home.
In addition to providing outstanding services, our plumbers are hardworking, reliable, and friendly. We’re passionate about what we do and prioritize creating a positive experience for all our customers. Wearing the Mr. Rooter uniform is like a badge of honor. With pride, we’ll efficiently clean your pipes while answering any questions you might have. Our plumbers will also walk you through what you need to know to help keep your system in good condition between cleaning appointments. If you have any follow-up questions after your plumber has left, you can call our friendly office staff. We’re more than happy to help!
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing for Burnaby Drain Cleaning?
Our team of highly skilled and experienced plumbers is trusted throughout Burnaby. Our team is professional, courteous, and exceptionally hard-working. With years of experience under our belts, we have the skills to solve all your plumbing problems. Our plumbers are trained in both traditional Burnaby drain cleaning methods—such as using a plumber’s snake—and in using our cutting-edge HydroScrub® Jetting technology. When you hire our services, you can rest assured that your plumbing is in the best hands.
Not only are our plumber's industry leaders, but we’re also dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Not only will we bring all the required tools and parts, arrive on time to your scheduled appointment, and treat your home with the respect it deserves, but we’ll also go above and beyond to ensure you have a positive experience with our company. We’re invested in building long-lasting relationships with our customers. When you have an emergency, want to install a new shower, or need a water heater repaired, we want to be the first team you call.
Our company is built on the values of integrity, trust, and transparency—and it shows. From the first phone call with our helpful office staff to the moment our plumbers leave your home, you will be our top priority. We’ll walk you through each step of the drain cleaning process, answer all your questions promptly, and provide upfront pricing you can count on.
Frequently Asked Questions About Burnaby Drain Cleaning
What is Drain Cleaning?
Cleaning your drains gets rid of build-up from materials like food scraps, hair, grease, and soap scum that causes clogs. It also prevents bad odors and issues with your plumbing. While on the surface a clog might seem like a minor hindrance, it actually puts significant pressure on your pipes. This can lead to breakages, leaks, and flooding.
There are a few ways to clean your pipes. Conventional methods include using a plunger to flush debris through your plumbing or a drain snake to pull out stubborn build-up. However, at Mr. Rooter, we use cutting-edge HydroScrub® jetting technology to give your system a deep clean.
What Are the Signs of a Clogged Drain That Needs Burnaby Drain Cleaning?
Sometimes, it’s quite obvious that you have a clog. But many of the early signs that your pipes are too congested can be a bit trickier to spot. To know when to call a plumber before a backed-up drain turns into a burst pipe or flooded basement, familiarize yourself with the following warning signs:
- Slow Drainage: Do you find yourself standing in a few centimeters of water when you shower? Or perhaps your bathroom sink takes forever to empty? Slow drainage in your shower/tub or sink is a common indication you have a clog. Since blockages form over time because of too much build-up, high-use areas like the kitchen and bathroom tend to have the most trouble with backed-up pipes. Food, grease, soap, and hair prevent water from draining out of the sink, tub, or shower and entering your pipes. Thus, the water pools and empties very slowly.
- Toilet Won’t Flush: Does your toilet have trouble flushing, or it backs up frequently? If you find yourself constantly reaching for a plunger, then you likely have a clog on your hands. Blocked toilets are generally caused by too much toilet paper or items like baby wipes, hygiene products, and even toys being flushed down the toilet. But, sometimes a clogged toilet can indicate a more serious problem deep within your system. When your sewer becomes blocked, it can make the toilet back up and even overflow.
- Pools of Water: Although Burnaby certainly gets its fair share of rain, especially in the winter, if you have pools of water in your backyard it might not be because of the weather. Sometimes, tree roots might infiltrate your sewer or main water line and cause flooding in your yard. If the puddles smell like sewage, then you need to call one of our emergency plumbers right away. We’ll dispatch one of our experts to get the situation under control as soon as possible.
- Bad Smells: Smelly sinks or showers can be caused by a couple of things. It could be that food waste or hair has become trapped in your drain and is starting to rot. Unfortunately, icky smells will permeate through your home until the clog is taken care of. On the other hand, if your drains smell like sewage, you either have a blocked sewer line or a dry P-trap. The P-trap is a section of pipe shaped like a “P” below the sinks. It’s designed to prevent debris from getting stuck deep within your plumbing. The P-trap also stops harmful sewage gas from entering your home. But, to do so the P-trap always needs a small amount of water sitting in it. If you smell sewage, pour a little water down your sink. If the smell doesn’t go away, then the P-trap is likely working fine, but the issue will be with your sewer.
- Gurgling Noises: It’s common for Burnaby homeowners to think gurgling noises are a normal part of how your home’s plumbing works. But, this is not the case. Plumbing is actually designed not to make gurgling noises. If you hear gurgling or see bubbling water in your toilet, it means there is a clog. Both water and airflow through your pipes. When there is a blockage, the air becomes trapped and struggles to escape and gurgles.
How Long Does It Take a Plumber to Unclog a Drain?
This depends on how bad the clog is and where it’s located. Build-up that’s loose and located near the top of your tub, toilet or sink can take between 5 and 10 minutes to clear using a plunger or plumber’s snake.
However, serious clogs caused by significant build-up or tree roots in your sewer can take a few hours to clear. With our HydroScrub® jetting technology, the Burnaby drain cleaning process takes about an hour to complete. Often, the cleaning process is followed by a thorough inspection, which might take an additional hour.
How Often Should You Clean Your Drain?
When it comes to drain cleaning, Burnaby property owners should schedule annual services to maintain their pipes, prevent clogs and keep their plumbing in peak condition. That said, if you live in an older home, have a big family, or don’t take very good care of your plumbing (such as pouring grease down the sink) you might need bi-annual appointments.
How Do I Maintain My Plumbing System?
The best way to maintain your plumbing is through routine cleaning services. However, there are a couple of other things you can do:
- Clear debris out of your drains and P-traps
- Clean any calcium build-up off your faucet aerators
- Look at your pipes for signs of rust and corrosion
- Look for any leaking pipes
- Examine your toilet tank for wear and tear
- Flush your water heater annually
- Use a water pressure gauge to ensure your water pressure is between 40 and 65 PSI
- Flush toilets and run sinks in bathrooms you don’t often use
Schedule Burnaby Drain Cleaning Service Today!
Are you ready to schedule your next cleaning appointment? If so, we invite you to call our courteous, professional service representatives. We’ll help you book a convenient time for our expert plumbers to spotlessly clean your pipes so you don’t have to worry about clogs, unpleasant smells, or leaks. You can reach our team for more information.