Leaky faucets are common in new and old home construction. Improper installation, defective manufacturing, corrosion, and much more can cause your home’s faucet to leak. Unfortunately, if you have a leaky faucet, you’re pouring money down the drain. Not only that, but you’re also leaving your home vulnerable to mould and mildew growth. So, it’s essential to act quickly when maintaining your plumbing. Read about some of the most common signs of a leaky kitchen or bathroom faucet below:
- Noise – If you hear a dripping or hissing noise, it may be a sign of water escaping your water line. Listen carefully. Most of your home’s plumbing is located behind ceilings and walls.
- Rusty Water – If you have reddish or yellow water, it may be a sign of rust contamination. Rust occurs when metal is oxidized and begins to break down, leading to leaks.
- Higher Water Bill – Your home’s water meter will continue to track water lost through leaks. If you have an unexpectedly higher water bill this month, it could be due to a leak in your water line.
- Water Stains – Water stains on the ceiling or water under the sink are all signs of a leak somewhere in the water line.
Do I Have a Leaky Toilet?
Your toilets are responsible for removing hundreds of gallons of water from your home each month. A toilet leak can cause significant water damage in your bathroom, leading to hundreds or even thousands of dollars of damage. Understanding the common signs of plumbing issues with your toilet is essential. Uncovering plumbing leaks before they become a bigger problem can save you a significant amount of money in the long run. Learn more about the common signs of toilet leaks, including the following:
- Unexplained Water
- Uneven Flooring
- Unpleasant Odors
- Unusual Noises
Is My Home’s Water Heater Leaking?
Conventional water heaters store between 50 to 80 gallons of water, depending on the size. You can expect your water heater to last between 10 to 20 years. As it begins to age, you may notice leaks. It’s easy to see that a water heater leak can quickly get out of hand and cause significant damage to your home. Luckily the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of St. John’s offer water heater leak repair services. Our fast and reliable experts will arrive quickly if you notice any of the following signs with your water heater:
- Puddles Formed Around the Area
- Excessive Moisture Near the Tank
- Dripping Water or Other Unusual Sounds
Discover Washing Machine Leaks
Your washing machine is one of the most critical appliances in your home. It helps you save time cleaning endless loads of laundry. However, they rely on a significant volume of water. If you have a washer machine leak or the hose is broken, it could cause up to 19 gallons of water to spill into your laundry room floor. Luckily, there are often warning signs that your washing machine is beginning to fail. Contact our team for washing machine leak repair if you notice any of the following:
- Musty or Mouldy Smell
- Puddles Around the Area
- Rusted or Bulging Hose
- Water Along the Door
We’re Your Local Expert for Residential Water Leak Repairs
Homeowners throughout St. John’s, NL, and other local communities rely on the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of St. John’s for complete residential pipe leak repair services. When it comes to water in your home, you need to act quickly. Even a tiny leak can lead to costly mould remediation services. Ignoring the issue will only make it worse. Our team will quickly and accurately diagnose the problem and take the necessary steps to repair it. With our Neighbourly Done Right Promise, you can always feel confident you’re getting the very best plumbing services. Meet with an expert today to get started with a service estimate.