Your water feels soft, right? ...or does it? Unfortunately, detecting hard water running through your plumbing isn’t as simple as dipping your hand under the faucet. Distinguishing hard water from soft water can be difficult unless of course, you’re privy to these telltale signs.
6 Signs You Have Hard Water
1. Stiff Linens: Are your sheets and towels feeling stiff and scratchy? Is your favorite sweater feeling itchy and looking dull? It’s not your imagination, it’s your water.
2. Slippery, Soap Scum: That icky ring around the tub that refuses to wash away… that’s hard water at work. The minerals make it more difficult for water to fully wash the soap away — yuck.
3. Dry Hair & Itchy Skin: Your hair is stiff and brittle and your skin is dry and itching. The culprit? You guessed it again — it’s hard water. The same way soap residue is unable to completely rinse out of your tub, it will also be unable to rinse completely from your skin and hair.
4. Pesky Water Stains: Stop buffing those water spots out of glasses and silverware. We’re willing to bet there are better ways you can, and would like to, be spending your time. (We see you nodding your head.)
5. Mineral Buildup: Have you seen the crusty green buildup forming around your faucet or caked on your sink or tub drain? We call this limestone or calcium buildup, a byproduct of hard water, and we’ll admit, it’s pretty unsightly.
6. Low Water Pressure: That calcium buildup doesn’t only take hold on the outside of your plumbing fixtures. Over time, residue can build inside your plumbing as well, causing low water pressure and an increased risk for clogs and burst pipes.
Let Mr. Rooter Plumbing Provide Hard Water Solutions
Hard water issues will present in different ways throughout your home, but one thing is always for certain — the effects you’ll notice will definitely be unpleasant and inconvenient! That’s why it’s so important to nip hard water in the bud and have a water softener installed by a professional — that’s us!
With nearly 50 years as a leader in the plumbing industry, we can say with the utmost confidence that there’s no plumbing problem we can’t handle. Our water softening services are second-to-none, and we’ve got a long list of satisfied customer reviews to prove it!
As a Neighbourly Company, our services are always honest, affordable, and reliable. Contact us to schedule your personalized water analysis today!