Looking for Drain Repair in Port Perry?
Few things are worse than coming home to the sight of a backed-up sewage drain. Or even worse, you have been battling a reoccurring drain clog for a few weeks now. Despite your best efforts to unclog the drain, it keeps coming back. Regardless of what the cause of the problem may be, requiring drain repair in Port Perry can be an inconvenience for homeowners of all experience levels, especially if you don't have a trusted, reliable Port Perry Plumber you can count on.
A clean drain is one of life’s luxuries that you often don’t quite appreciate the importance of until you experience the opposite. Grime, grunge, and objects of all sizes eventually build up over time until the once clean and clear water freely gushing through the faucets throughout your house gradually reduces in pressure until nothing flows at all. Unfortunately, once your drains get to this point, you will need the skill set and specialized tools of our experienced technicians if you want that water flowing fast again.
Inevitably, residential plumbing has become the backbone of the modern household and, simultaneously, its Achilles' heel. Even the best efforts to safeguard your pipes and prevent mishaps can succumb to unexpected events or accidents that have the potential to cause chaos in your home. After all, a toilet that cannot flush spells trouble for all members of your household, and a clogged shower will put people in fear of an overflowing shower drain. Getting professional drain repair services when you need them helps keep your family healthy.
How Do Professional Plumbers Perform Port Perry Drain Repair?
Port Perry drain repair involves more than putting a drain snake in your bathtub’s drain and removing hair. In fact, most of the time, specialized tools are needed. Getting high-quality drain repair in Port Perry means no more slow draining drains, no more backups in your fixtures, and no need to worry about costly plumbing services down the road.
- Drain Inspections: Most plumbers begin with a thorough analysis of the entire system, which might include a video inspection using specialized cameras. The goal of this step is to evaluate your waste lines for potential problems, existing damage, and any other weaknesses. Drain inspections are the first step in Port Perry drain repair. Identifying the underlying issue is key to finding the solution.
- Augers: Augers are tools specifically designed for use in the plumbing industry that is stronger than plungers and capable of reaching deep inside pipes and removing even the most stubborn clogs.
- Hydro Jetting: Hydro jet technology uses pressurized water to remove grime and is even powerful enough to handle tree root removal. Its power yields results that are superior to what other methods accomplish.
Depending on the severity of the drain issue, other tools are sometimes used, or more extreme repair methods such as sewer line replacement are used. Our courteous plumbing services can handle even the toughest challenges to get your drain working again.
How to Tell if you Need Drain Repair in Port Perry:
Unless you’re a seasoned plumber, knowing when a drain is due for repairs can be a challenge. It’s not always as clear as a sewage backup in your kitchen sink. A wide range of different problems could be causing warning signs that indicate the need for Port Perry drain repair. We recommend calling Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ajax-Pickering for drain service to get a proper diagnosis and inspection.
- Slow Drains: If your drains are draining slower than normal, there may be something wrong with your drain pipe. Water shouldn’t be pooled at the bottom of fixtures after using them and should clear in a reasonable amount of time.
- Drains Keep Clogging: If you've plunged your toilet or another drain more often than regular and it keeps becoming clogged, it's most likely a sign something more serious is going on, especially if you're dealing with a clogged bathroom sink or kitchen sink that has never had issues prior.
- Gurgling Toilets or Toilet Bubbles: Both of these are warning signs that something worth investigating may be going on.
- Sink Flies: Any sort of flies in your house are typically a warning sign for something needing to be cleaned.
- Foul, Rotting Odours: As clogged drain pipes can result in sewage not going down your sewer line, odours can often find their way back into your home, leaving a foul smell.
- Sewage Backups: Although not the most common issue, a sewage backup is one of the most serious plumbing disasters.
- A Burst Pipe: The ultimate sign of needing Port Perry drain repair. A pipe clogged from improper drain usage can slowly increase in pressure, eventually resulting in a burst.
If you’re noticing any of these warning signs, we recommend contacting our expert plumbers ASAP for a thorough plumbing inspection. You can rely on Mr. Rooter to provide the reliable, honest services you need.
Causes of Needing Drain Repair in Port Perry
Drain blockages can be caused by either soft blockages or hard blockages. Soft blockage refers to all the materials and debris that build up naturally over time. This includes fats, oils, grease, soap residue, and anything else that’s improperly flushed down your kitchen drains or bathroom fixtures. Hard blockages refer to larger, more solid debris such as chicken bones, hairbrushes, children's toys, or even tree roots that prevent anything from getting by. Both of these will eventually require Port Perry drain repair from a certified plumber.
Soft blockages will always build up over time; it’s unavoidable even with proper care. You can, however, take precautions to limit the amount of hazardous material that goes into your drains, reducing the number of visits you need from an experienced plumber.
The most effective precaution is to maintain safe flushing habits. Poor flushing habits are the number-one cause of drain problems. Toilets are designed for wastewater, human waste, and toilet paper (in moderation). Flushing anything else can be a big factor in drain clogs.
- Tree Roots: Cracked or leaking pipes can cause tree roots to grow towards them, as they are attracted to water. Eventually, they will find their way into the pipe and cause blockages or further damage.
- Shifting Earth/Landscaping: As some pipes are underground, any changes to the land around them can cause damage or problems. Although land shifting is hard to predict, we recommend choosing higher quality material for piping if you suspect you're at high risk.
- Paper Towels, Tissues, Wet Wipes, and “Flushable” Wipes: A toilet can only handle reasonable amounts of toilet paper, which is designed to break apart easily in water, unlike most other paper products. Anything else can quickly clog drains with blockages.
- Fats, Oils, and Grease: Also referred to as FOG, fats, oils, and grease are notorious for clogging drains and other plumbing problems. Not allowing FOG to go down your drain will have a major impact on the health of your sewer drain.
- Hair: Loose hair has a major impact on drains. Clogged drains caused by hair can be dealt with using a drain snake. If left untreated, hair can cause blockages down the pipes and require a deep cleaning from a plumber.
- Dental Floss: Dental floss has the same impact on drains as hair does when flushed down a toilet or drain.
- Personal Health Products: If it isn't toilet paper or human waste, anything else flushed down the toilet will cause problems sooner or later. Placing a trashcan next to the toilet is recommended to ensure these products don't end up flushed.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ajax-Pickering for Port Perry Drain Repair Services?
As a locally owned business, we know the plumbing needs of our friends and neighbours like nobody else. Our certified plumbers are all fully licensed and insured. Plus, all our work and parts are backed by a professional guarantee that protects you from unsatisfactory service and faulty components.
Our 24/7 emergency plumbers are always available for convenient appointments and plumbing repair emergencies. No matter the emergency plumbing situation, we're here to help. Your safety and customer satisfaction are our first priority...
Who Should You Call for Main Sewer Line Repair in Port Perry?
If you suspect you may need drain repair in Port Perry, it's essential you call a professional plumbing service right away. The issue can often be deep below your drain and will require professional attention and tools to fix. Conventional DIY methods like a plunger or drain snake won't fix your clog or stop it from coming back.
When looking for a professional plumber, look no further than Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ajax-Pickering. Our plumbing experts are pros at using state-of-the-art equipment such as video cameras to perform inspections and diagnostics. We're capable of providing a wide range of services for everything from faucet installations to hot water tank installation and repair and even emergency plumbing services for water lines or frozen pipes.
The team of experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing can help with your Port Perry drain issue. Give us a call at 905-619-1748, or request an appointment online.
Frequently Asked Questions About Port Perry Drain Repair
Understanding the difference between Port Perry drain repair, sewer line repair, and pipe thawing can be challenging for a homeowner without a background in plumbing. That’s why we’ve answered the most common questions our experts receive.
How Long Does Drain Repair Take?
The exact amount of time it will take to fix your particular drainage issue will depend largely on the specific causes of that issue. Minor problems like a clogged drain are relatively quick and simple, but if your problem is linked to something more serious, like a collapsed sewer line, your repairs will take longer. Before getting started, our team will complete a thorough inspection to determine the exact cause of your drainage problem and provide you with an estimate for the amount of time it will take to fix it.
Can You Delay Drain Repairs?
Generally speaking, the longer you wait to fix any kind of drainage problem, the worse that problem is going to get. The best response for anything affecting your pipes or fixtures is to schedule an appointment with a professional plumber as soon as possible. Waiting too long could result in major damage that would otherwise have been prevented.
Do Plumbers Work 24/7?
Not all plumbers are available 24/7. However, at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Ajax-Pickering, we know plumbing emergencies don’t just happen between office hours. That’s why our plumbers are available any time. When disaster strikes, you can count on us to be there for you and your family for your plumbing emergency.
Whether you need routine repairs or emergency services, simply call 905-619-1748 and our team will be ready to assist you.