Do you spend precious minutes watching your kitchen sink struggle to send your dishwater down the drain? You're not the only one suffering from slow drains in Vaughan. In fact, drainage issues are some of the most common plumbing issues that homeowners have—and many people don't even realize they've fallen victim to them and need Vaughan drain cleaning services.
Soft blockage sits inside waste lines and causes many subtle problems before it reaches a critical peak, at which point your blocked pipes will become obvious. Nobody wants a clogged drain, but the inevitable growth of blockage inside sewer pipes often makes that blockage growth seem unstoppable.
There's one easy solution that all professional Vaughan plumbers provide: drain cleaning service. Did you know that one call to a local plumbing company like Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Newmarket will help you avoid a serious sewer backup? Even if you're not currently suffering from a clogged toilet or backed-up kitchen sink, you can still benefit from a phone-call to your local, trusted plumbing service providers.
How Do You Know If You Need Vaughan Drain Cleaning Services?
All drainage systems will eventually need a thorough cleaning. The relentless build-up of soft blockage can't be stopped. It can be slowed if you avoid flushing harmful materials like fats, grease, oil, and wet wipes—yes, even “flushable wipes”—but soap scum, mineral deposits, and other small debris will inevitably leave little traces behind that eventually grow into big jams.
If you've never had your waste systems cleaned by an experienced plumber—or if it's been one or two years since your last appointment—that's a great reason to schedule an appointment for regular maintenance services.
Even if your property is new and you're not currently suffering from an annoying plumbing issue, you'll still benefit, because the effects of clearing out your lines now will prevent issues with your sewer pipe in the future. You’ll also get the peace of mind knowing that a professional plumber has inspected your pipes and confirmed they’re in good health.
However, if your sewer line is filthy, there will be telltale signs of your property sending you signals that you need an appointment for Vaughan drain cleaning or drain services. Those signs vary in severity from minor inconveniences to major frustrations. No matter how problematic a plumbing situation is for you personally, it should be addressed before it causes further water damage or other severe problems that require complex plumbing repairs.
- Slow drains
- Frequent, stubborn clogs
- Clogged sinks
- Clogged shower drain
- Foul odours—especially rotten-smelling kitchen sinks
- Gurgling toilets or other strange sounds
- Sink flies
- Sewage backups
How Does Professional Drain Cleaning Service in Vaughan Work?
You might be able to deal with a nasty clog in your shower by picking out knotted hair clumps or clearing a toilet clog by using a plunger, but the methods that licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter use to clear stubborn clogs are far more effective, efficient, and powerful than your standard household bathroom plunger.
There's a wide range of drain cleaning techniques and equipment that a plumbing expert might choose to use, but when it comes to plumbing tools, we find that a small, highly-effective selection of advanced equipment works best for Vaughan systems.
- Video Inspection: First things first. Vaughan plumbers conduct an in-depth plumbing diagnosis and inspection service, during which they use a video camera inspection device to inspect your drain line’s interior. Flexible cameras are a modern standard for every professional plumbing inspection. Many service appointments start here. This device allows us to learn more about your line’s age, material, and condition. Whether you have a leaky pipe or a devastating drain clog deep inside your main line, it's important to get a clear picture of all your pipes before doing anything that might cause damage or put stress on your system. Plus, this thorough inspection will also identify other potential problems that could be fixed at the same time.
- Advanced Tools: Have you ever heard of a plumbing auger? It's a far more powerful tool than any standard plunger or snake, and it's designed specifically for reaching deep into pipes to break through stubborn clogs and pull out the culprits that have been restricting flow. The twisting action of a manual auger helps break up blockage—and the powered versions are even more effective.
- HydroScrub® Jetting: Hydro jet technology uses a long pressurized hose to blast away blockage with powerful jets of water. Whether you have a minor or major drainage clog, the psi level can be set up to 3000. Nothing will leave your system more sparkling than our advanced hydro jet equipment. It obliterates blockage and annihilates clogs. It's even powerful enough to cut away tree roots.
Can You Do Your Own Drain Cleaning?
Professional Vaughan drain cleaning requires a lot of experience, and you need to be certified to use the most effective methods, such as hydro jetting. Otherwise, any damage created will be at your own expense.
While there are many plumbing maintenance tasks that anyone in Vaughan can use to prevent blockages in drains, there are DIY options that homeowners in Vaughan choose to clean their own lines on a regular basis. But keep in mind that none of them surpass sewer pipe services provided by experienced plumbers. Some property owners report success with these simpler solutions for drain cleaning. Vaughan plumbers fully approve of these healthy cleaning habits, but those effects don't last long (if you're able to attain them at all).
Can You Use Baking Soda and Vinegar to Clear Waste Lines?
It is safe to use vinegar and baking soda on most plumbing fixtures for cleaning and unclogging. You can effectively clean out minor blockages by combining them in equal amounts (one cup of vinegar and one cup of baking soda) and pouring hot water down after them to create the pressure needed for dislodging debris. This method isn't always suitable for toilets though—plus, hot water can crack porcelain!
Can You Use Pop to Clear Away Blockage?
Coca-Cola and other carbonated beverages that contain phosphoric acid are another popular and potential option. Phosphoric acid in soda is added for preventing mould and bacteria growth, so it will likely also remove those substances from pipes. Make sure that the beverage you choose has phosphoric acid listed in its first four ingredients; otherwise, you'll only be wasting that delicious pop when you pour it into your kitchen sink without noticing any positive results.
Should You Use Chemical Drain Cleaners in Vaughan, ON?
Chemical drain cleaning solutions are about as effective as the other options listed above, but they also harm pipes and fixtures if they're used frequently or improperly. There are also several health hazards associated with many regular household chemicals. For all those reasons, licensed plumbers typically stay away from chemicals during drain cleaning. Vaughan homeowners who are unsure about pouring something down their drain should call their local plumber for help.
How Do You Know If You Need Drain Repairs?
It will depend on how severe the symptoms are. But typically, like the warning signs listed above, they will strike you as clogged drains that need deep cleaning, unless you hear running water under your floors or have a leaking ceiling. This is where the efficient services from your Vaughan plumber will give you all the details you need to know about drain repair.
Benefits of Vaughan Drain Cleaning From Mr. Rooter
At last, we’re happy to provide you with this list of benefits of drain cleaning. Vaughan plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing vouch for this specific maintenance service that helps improve our local customers’ safety and well-being.
- Efficient Drainage: Say goodbye to slow water drainage that’s accompanied by gurgling and clogging. The sooner wastewater flushes down, the less you have to worry about a clogged sewer drain.
- Longer Pipe Lifespan: Dirty pipes are prone to early deterioration, especially if mineral deposits are stuck to the interior walls and decrease the pipe’s efficiency. If you clean your sink opening routinely to dislodge sludge buildup, you can imagine how gross it must look deeper down the line. With hydro jet drain cleaning, Vaughan homeowners will get more out of their pipes.
- Prevent Future Repairs: Undetected or untreated clogs are a high risk that could lead to broken pipes and other drain issues. The sooner you hire an expert plumber to detect early signs of a developing issue, the sooner they’ll be able to eliminate it. So instead of paying for a sewer backup service or any structural damage to your home, you’re only paying for a simple Vaughan drain cleaning service.
- Plumbing Inspection Included! The major perk of Vaughan drain cleaning is that you have licensed plumbers to thoroughly inspect your plumbing and ensure that your system doesn’t have any underlying issues that need addressing. It’s a professional’s job to complete the necessary diagnosis and inspection service before conducting a major clean.
The biggest benefit of hiring Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Newmarket for expert Vaughan drain cleaning is that our team of professionals put your safety at the forefront. We pride ourselves on our sense for preventative maintenance to keep pipe repairs to a bare minimum. This way, you won’t have to worry about potential water leaks, decreased water flow or sewer gas smells.
Do You Need Vaughan Drain Cleaning Services?
The team of skilled plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Newmarket is available 24/7 for routine maintenance, repairs, and emergency services in Vaughan. You can trust our guaranteed workmanship and parts to restore your peace of mind. As a locally-owned business, we proudly serve everyone from Markham to Newmarket and all the surrounding areas—including Richmond Hill, Thornhill, and Woodbridge Concord.
If you have more questions or want to schedule an appointment, call our friendly customer service reps today at 905) 895-6966.
While you are here, why not read more about our other professional services like septic system repairs?