A broken sewer line or sewer system backup doesn't have to be a catastrophic problem. You can prevent further damage if you call a professional as soon as you notice signs of a problem with your sewer line. Scheduling fast sewer line repair or replacement can also improve the chances that repairs are easier and more affordable. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Caledon, our team specializes in quick residential sewer line repair in Orangeville, ON. We'll do a sewer line inspection to determine the location, cause, and extent of your sewer line problems. Then, we'll fully explain your options for residential sewer line repair. Call our live answering service to schedule an appointment or request an in-home estimate.
What Causes a Damaged or Clogged Residential Sewer Line
If you're familiar with the causes of broken or damaged sewer lines, you can prevent one from happening. Many of our customers call for residential sewer line repair and replacement because they have tree roots intruding into their sewer line. If trees, shrubs, or bushes are planted too close to a sewer line, the roots stretch downwards into the pipes in search of water. As the roots grow and expand, they break apart sewer pipes and cause sewer line clogs. Other sewer line issues that require professional sewer line repair or replacement are:
- A buildup of hair, fats, grease, oil, bathroom products, soap scum, and other sludge in the sewer line.
- A broken sewer line due to old age, rust, corrosion, or lack of sewer line maintenance.
- A poorly installed or planned sewer line.
- A backup from the city’s sewer system.
- Heavy rains, storms, earthquakes, soil erosion, or a sinkhole.
- Consistent heavy traffic overhead, like construction vehicles, trains, or freeway traffic.
- Sewer lines that are frequently frozen and thawed.
- A sagging sewer line due to poor ground or soil conditions.
Watch for Signs You Need Sewer Line Repair or Replacement
Being aware of the warning signs of sewer line damage or a clogged sewer line will ensure you get the help you need quickly. You can sometimes improve your chances of needing a simple sewer line repair rather than a complete residential sewer line replacement. When you detect a problem with your sewer line early enough, we can often complete one-day residential sewer line repairs. Call us today if you notice any of these warning signs and need an inspection of your residential sewer line:
- There is dirty, smelly water backing up into your toilet, sink, tub, or shower.
- The water level in your toilet bowl is inconsistent.
- You smell a strong odor of sewage inside or outside your home.
- You keep finding soggy spots in your yard.
- Your yard keeps flooding and you don’t know why.
- There are marshy pools of water in your yard with algae growing in them.
- Your well water is contaminated with bacteria.
- Your basement or garage is flooded, or you find standing water around your floor drains.
- More than one drain is clogged, or you have a clogged toilet and a clogged sink at the same time.
- Your pipes or drains are making a gurgling noise.
- Using one plumbing fixture makes another one act up.
- You have found signs of water damage in your home or basement.
- Pests and rodents are attracted to your yard.
- You keep finding puddles of water near your plumbing fixtures.
Our Residential Sewer Line Repair Solutions
When you need residential sewer line repair, you want it done quickly and correctly. Our team has extensive experience in repairing and replacing residential sewer lines. Most repairs can be done in a day or less. When you call us, we'll schedule a residential sewer line inspection. We'll use a plumbing video camera inspection to determine where, why, and how your sewer line is clogged or damaged. We'll then walk you through your options for residential sewer line repairs:
- Pipe and Drain Cleaning – If your sewer line issues are due to a clogged sewer line, we’ll first use drain cleaning services to clear out clogs and debris. We may recommend drain rooter work if you have tree root intrusions in your sewer pipes.
- Hydro Jetting Services – We'll use hydro jetting services for deep, stubborn clogs in your sewer line. Hydrojetting uses a strong, high-pressure stream of water to break apart clogs and flush them through the pipe into the city's sewer system.
- Pipe Relining – If your sewer line has minor damage, we can use our pipe relining method for residential sewer line repair. We will insert a quick-hardening sleeve into the pipe. As the sleeve hardens and expands, it creates a seal that prevents cracks, breaks, and leaks.
- Pipe Replacement – We suggest pipe replacement for more extensive damage to your sewer line. We'll use hydraulics to break apart the old, damaged pipe. We'll dig two small holes at either end of the sewer line and pull a new sewer pipe in.
Once we complete sewer line repair or replacement, we’ll recommend routine sewer line maintenance. Our Advantage Plan makes it easy to schedule preventive maintenance services like drain cleaning, sewer line inspections, and hydrojetting. These services will reduce your risk of needing residential sewer line repairs in the future.
Find Out if You Need Residential Sewer Line Replacements
We will recommend residential sewer line repair when possible, but there are some cases in which residential sewer line replacement is required. If your sewer line is too damaged or is broken in so many places that sewer line repair won't be cost-effective, we'll offer residential sewer line replacement. Our residential sewer line replacement method uses a Pipe Pull technique to break apart the damaged pipe and pull a new one into place. Our new sewer pipes can last up to 100 years with the proper maintenance and are resistant to corrosion, rust, breakage, pests, chemicals, and tree roots.
Call for Residential Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
If you need residential sewer line repair or replacement, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Caledon. We'll schedule a residential sewer line inspection and determine if we can offer sewer line repair or replacement. To make an appointment for sewer line repair or replacement in Orangeville, Georgetown, Bolton, Shelburne, and Alliston, ON, call our 24/7 answering service. You can also request a job estimate online.