ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
2114805 Ontario Inc. (The Company) – operating as Mr. Rooter - Caledon – is committed to:
- excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities;
- providing our services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities;
- enabling a person with disability to obtain, use, or benefit from our services.
We will ensure that our Employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities we will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed on the doors to our entrances.
Training of Employees
We will provide training to all Employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. This training will be provided to Employees upon hiring. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Our company plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our
- Company’s goods and services.
- An overview of the Ontario Human Rights Code (related to disabilities).
Employees will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Mr. Rooter provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email any of our Managers through our website, call by telephone and talk to our Managers or write to us by mail. All feedback will be directed to our CEO. Customers can expect to hear back within seven days.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (519) 938-5161
Address: 19 Robb Blvd, Unit 3, Orangeville, ON L9W 3L1
We will arrange for any public information requested to be provided in a timely manner. When requested, information will be provided in an accessible format or using an appropriate communication support that considers the accessibility needs of a person with disabilities.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any company policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.