Metlife Stadium: A Water Conservation Champion
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing We Love Water
Without it, we'd be out of business! We are excited that Super Bowl XLIII is being held at MetLife Stadium- a stadium that loves water as much as we do. Thanks to a partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), environmentally friendly materials and practices have been incorporated into MetLife Stadium.
- 1,350 bathroom fixtures in MetLife Stadium
- By using low-flush toilets in restrooms, the stadium saves almost 2 gallons of water per flush!
- The men's restrooms utilize waterless urinals saving 24 million gallons of water per year.
- Low-flow shower heads in the locker rooms use less than half the amount of water per minute of conventional shower heads.
- Sensored & metered faucets reduce water demand and conserve potable water with low flow restrictors.
- Synthetic turf as opposed to natural grass on the field saves over 3.5 million gallons of water per year.
- High-efficiency irrigation systems with a 95% efficiency rate (verses a conventional system at 60% efficiency.) save over 700,000 gallons of water per year.
All this amounts to a reduction in water consumption of over 11 million gallons per year!