Farts and Crafts: Toilet Paper Roll Pinball Game
Are you looking for the perfect arts and crafts to entertain the kids? Try making this pinball machine instead of spending lots of quarters at the arcade! With a few items from around the house, you can entertain the kids for hours with a cardboard pinball machine. It is an easy project for 5-9 year olds with supervisionPosted By Mr. Rooter Categories:
- Large shoe box lid
- Three toilet paper rolls
- Pen with a spring
- Paint brushes
- Marble (or something similar)
- Paint the shoe box and the toilet paper rolls in the color of your choice. Let the materials dry for about an hour. While it is drying, enjoy a summer snack!
- (This next part is where parental supervision may be necessary.) Dismantle the pen to remove the ink cartridge and spring. Use the pen to mark a small hole on the lower corner of the box lip and poke through the box with the pen or a pair of scissors. The hole needs to be less than half an inch from the bottom to strike the marble properly.
- Next, cut the toilet paper rolls into half-moon shapes and glue them to the board. These will be used for scoring! Glue one whole toilet paper roll to the back of the shoebox to elevate the game board. After the glue is dry, draw the points system on the board and decorate the rest of the board.
- Finally, create the marble launcher by applying glue to a few half-moons cut in half and curved, as shown. After the glue dries for an hour, slide it back into the hole you made and glue a little launching shoot to the shoebox made out of another toilet paper roll.
Your game is now ready to play! While playing, tilt the board to make the game more difficult. The player with the highest score wins!