Father's Day Recipes
Do you have a recipe for Father's Day yet? If not, I'm delighted to share with you two recipes. You can start the day with this breakfast casserole. Or if your kids want to help, you can try s'more pizza.
These recipes come from Sue Glovan, co-owner of Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Buncombe and Henderson Counties in North Carolina.
Father's Day Breakfast Casserole
- Butter to grease baking dish
- 1 pound sausage (hot or Italian, your preference)
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup drained and chopped canned red peppers
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper (optional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sauté sausage over medium heat until brown. Break into small pieces while cooking. Drain, add onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring to prevent burning. Add peppers and half of the parsley. Spread mixture into baking dish, covering bottom of dish. In blender on low, whisk together remaining ingredients, reserving ½ cup cheese for topping casserole. Pour over sausage mixture. Sprinkle remaining parsley and cheese over egg mixture. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve. *Cheddar cheese can be substituted for mozzarella if preferred. I like the mozzarella and Italian sausage together, and cheddar mellows out the hot sausage.
- 2 tubes pre-made crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 disks Mexican chocolate or 2-4 ounce dark chocolate bars (break chocolate into small pieces)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (walnuts, peanuts or almonds) optional
Directions: Preheat oven according to package directions. Press rolls onto non-stick baking sheet or separate rolls and form into circle, pressing seems together. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Leave oven on. While crust is cooling, in saucepan add butter and graham crackers. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside. Top the crust with marshmallows and chopped chocolate. (I use the Mexican when I want a little "spice" to this pizza.) Sprinkle graham cracker mixture and nuts over pizza. Return to oven and let bake for approximately 5 minutes. Let pizza rest a few minutes before slicing. (Store bought pizza dough can be used instead of crescent rolls.)
Happy Father's Day from all of us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing! Here's wishing you a world class day.