Edmonton Boiler Repair Service
There’s nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night during a frigid winter to discover you have no heat in your home. At Mr. Rooter of Edmonton, we understand how frustrating it can be to need Edmonton boiler repair services. After all, your boiler is something that you rely on to keep your home safe, comfortable, and warm.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton, you can either schedule a time for us to come by and repair your boiler or you can also call us in the event of an emergency. If you’re faced with an emergency situation, we will send one of our qualified Edmonton plumbers to fix your boiler as soon as possible. In either case, we’ll promptly repair your boiler without compromising our outstanding service.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton Boiler Repair
When your boiler stops heating your home, starts to flood, or begins to make odd noises, the team at Mr. Rooter of Edmonton is the plumbing company to call. Our expert and courteous team will listen to all your concerns and resolve any plumbing issues as quickly as possible. When we carry out our boiler services, we guarantee that you, your family, and your home will be treated respectfully.
Having your boiler break down on you is often a stressful experience. That’s why our highly trained, experienced, and professional plumbers are always friendly and go above and beyond to take care of our clients. As a locally owned and operated business in Edmonton, AB, we truly care about our community and are invested in providing the best service possible.
When you hire the team at Mr. Rooter of Edmonton, our plumbers will arrive promptly at your home in a company vehicle. We supply all the tools required to complete your plumbing repair, and we wear a company uniform so you know that it’s us who’ve arrived at your home. We also guarantee all our plumbing workmanship and parts, clean-up as soon as we are finished repairing your boiler, and offer upfront pricing to all our customers.
Our professional team is the best choice to complete your boiler repairs because we will do so efficiently and professionally. We will never compromise quality and always do our best to handle the problem quickly—so that your life can get back to normal.
10 Common Boiler Repairs
Boiler repairs are often a necessary evil. Even if you are careful to schedule regular maintenance for your boiler, sometimes things can still go wrong and from time-to-time you might need help from one of our professional plumbers. Our team can confidently resolve several complications that call for Edmonton boiler repair services, including:
- Hot Water But No Heating: Your boiler usually completes two essential functions: it heats your home and provides you with hot water. If you’re able to take warm showers but your house is freezing, then you have an issue with your boiler. Often, this problem will occur because of an issue with your thermostat, low boiler pressure, or an issue with an essential part of your boiler like the zone or diverter valve.
- No Heat or Hot Water: There are a range of reasons why your boiler may not be giving you any hot water. This could include a lack of fuel, a malfunctioning thermostat, a frozen exhaust pipe, low boiler pressure, or a pilot light that has gone out.
- Leaking Boiler: A leak coming out of your boiler is never a good sign. Before looking for the cause of the leak, turn off both your water supply and central heating to be safe. Generally, a leaking boiler is caused by a broken internal part, like the pump seal or pressure valve. However, if the heat exchanger is leaking then it could be an issue with corrosion.
- Kettling Boiler: A kettling boiler sounds like a kettle. This happens when lime scale or sludge builds up on your boiler’s heat exchanger and restricts the flow of water within the heat exchanger. This can make the water overheat, boil, and sound like a kettle.
- Noisy Boiler: Do you hear banging, whistling, and gurgling from your boiler? These noises all indicate an issue and can have a range of causes. There could be an issue with the pipework or a part coming loose, an obstructed boiler fan, overheating water, or an issue with your boiler’s electrical components.
- Low Boiler Pressure: Boiler pressure is a measurement of the pressure of hot water passing through the central heating system. If it’s too low, then the central heating will not work. Even though boilers will lose pressure over time, a sudden drop could indicate a water or radiator fluid leak.
- Broken Pilot Light: If your pilot light keeps going out, it’s important to call a professional right away. It could be that the pilot tube is dirty or a draft is causing the light to blow out.
- Signs of Rust: Visible signs of rust indicate corrosion in your boiler system. This can cause boiler leaks. Most often rust is found on corroded pipes or in the water tank. Depending on the extent and location of the corrosion, a replacement of the part or a replacement of the boiler may be necessary.
- Boiler Keeps Switching On/Off: There are a range of reasons why your boiler might be switching itself on and off, including low water pressure, a faulty thermostat, issues with the fuel, low water quantities, air in the system, or a faulty pump.
- Boiler Not Responding to Thermostat: The first thing to do if you suspect your boiler is not responding to your thermostat is to ensure the thermostat is set to a temperature above the current room temperature. If that doesn’t work, it could be an issue with your batteries, electrical connection, or Wi-Fi settings.
How to Prevent Edmonton Boiler Repairs
While some boiler repairs are unavoidable no matter how well you care for your boiler, it’s still a smart move to schedule annual maintenance appointments with a qualified plumber to upkeep the longevity and quality of your boiler.
By far the best way to keep your home's plumbing in working order is by scheduling regular maintenance with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton. Our plumbing experts can provide routine maintenance services that will prevent the need for boiler repairs down the road.
While servicing your boiler with regular maintenance, our team will also check for any potential trouble areas or concerns that could worsen over time. Preventative plumbing maintenance will help you avoid costly repairs or possible breakdowns at a later date.
A few components that our qualified plumbers will troubleshoot while completing standard maintenance for your boiler include:
- Air traps
- Pressure gauges
- Safety limits, sensors, and controls
- Electrical systems
- Carbon monoxide
Why Choose Mr. Rooter of Edmonton for Your Boiler Repair Needs
Our company is highly regarded throughout Edmonton. The reason customers trust us is that our professional, courteous plumbers are highly trained and experienced. Each of our plumbers can draw upon their individual training and experience to complete a range of plumbing repairs. Not only are we industry leaders because of our commitment to outstanding workmanship, but we also value customer service above all else. When you hire our plumbing team, you can have peace of mind knowing that we always arrive promptly to a call and handle your boiler repairs efficiently. We will bring all the necessary tools to get your hot water running again, turn the heat in your home back on, or fix leaks, funny noises, or faulty thermostats. Whatever boiler repairs you need fixed, we’ve got it covered.
We pride ourselves on our professionalism and wear the Mr. Rooter of Edmonton uniform proudly. You will always know that it’s one of our plumbers at your home because we will arrive in a company vehicle. Additionally, we do our best to keep messes to a minimum, and we always take time to clean up after completing a job. Before we leave, we check in with each of our customers so that you know what went wrong, what we fixed, and what you can do to prevent needing future boiler repairs.
At Mr. Rooter of Edmonton, we truly believe in creating a positive experience for all our customers. When you hire our professional team, you know your boiler repairs are in good hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about plumbing repairs? Read on to check if we answer them here; otherwise, feel free to give us a call today at (780) 429-3600. Our courteous staff looks forward to answering any of your questions.
Should I repair or Replace My Boiler?
Whether or not you replace your boiler truly depends on how much money you are putting into it for repairs. As a good rule of thumb, if you’re putting in more than half of your boiler’s worth in repairs, then it’s time to replace it.
How Long Do Boilers Last?
Generally, the average life expectancy of a boiler is between 10 and 20 years. The max-end of life for your boiler is dictated by how well it’s maintained. Proper maintenance is key to keeping your boiler functioning as long as possible with minimum repairs.
How Long Does it Take to Fix a Broken Boiler?
How long your boiler takes to repair largely depends on what repairs are needed. For example, a simple repair with available parts should take between 1 and 2 hours. However, a complex repair could take up to a few days to complete.
At Mr. Rooter of Edmonton, we understand how inconvenient it is when your boiler is out of commission—especially in the middle of an Edmonton winter. That’s why our expert plumbers do their best to repair your boiler as quickly as possible without compromising our outstanding level of service.
How Do You Know When Your Boiler Needs Replacing?
There are a few key signs to keep in mind to decide whether or not your boiler needs to be replaced:
- You’ve had your boiler for more than 15 years
- Your energy bills are increasing
- The blue flame in your boiler has turned orange
- Your boiler is leaking
- Your radiators take longer to heat up
- Your boiler is giving off a bad smell
- Replacement parts are harder to find
Can I Replace My Own Boiler?
While it is not illegal to replace your own boiler, it is not advised. Since boilers warm your home, they are very advanced technology that can be dangerous if something goes wrong—which could end up costing you more than the cost of replacement fees, cause additional damage to your home, or worse, personal injury.
Instead, we advise you to invest in professional services to ensure that your boiler is replaced correctly and safely. Our pro team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton is well-equipped to take care of your boiler services. Whether you need help figuring out why your pilot light is yellow and not blue or stopping your boiler from leaking, we have the skills, equipment, and expertise to tackle any of your Edmonton boiler repair needs.
How Much Does it Cost to Repair a Boiler?
How much your boiler will cost to repair depends on the type of damage, how long it will take to fix, and what parts are needed. The best way to get an estimate for what your Edmonton Boiler repair service will cost is to give one of our friendly team members a call at (780) 429-3600 or request a job estimate online.
Book an Appointment with Mr. Rooter of Edmonton Today!
Tired of seeing fluid leaking out of your boiler, your pilot light going out, or hearing clanking noises through the night? Or maybe you woke up to a freezing shower or no heat in your home?Call the pros at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Edmonton, and we’ll complete the necessary Edmonton boiler repair service to get your life back to normal as soon as possible. You can reach us by phone at (780) 429-3600 or request a job estimate online to get help today.