Make Your Own Halloween Pumpkin
Halloween is almost here, which means it is officially pumpkin season! This orange fruit is finding its way into your food, drinks and now your bathroom décor. As part our monthly series, Rolls Repurposed, Mr. Rooter Plumbing wants to teach you how to make a pumpkin out of a full roll of toilet paper. This quick craft has no glue and you don’t even need scissors; so it is safe to make with your little ones!
Here is what you will need:
- One roll of toilet paper
- 2-4 sheets of tissue paper
- Brown or green construction paper (for the stem)
- 2 green pipe-cleaners (for the “leaves”)
Here is what to do:
- Set the toilet paper on two sheets of stacked orange tissue paper. Surround the toilet paper roll in the tissue and stuff the excess tissue paper in the center of the top of the roll. You can use more tissue paper for a fuller pumpkin.
- Take the brown or green construction paper and twist it into a stem.
- Add the pipe cleaners as well. We recommend wrapping them around a pencil to make them curly.
The best thing about these pumpkins is that they don’t go bad after a week or two. You can leave them out all season… or until you run out of toilet paper!